5.0 out of 5 stars 30X illuminated Loupe
Published on September 19, 2009 by S. Baekeland

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Optics
The optics are very bad. I bought a loupe from a different vendor for 3 bucks and change and the optics were great.
With this, all you'll get is a large blurry image.
I bought two for work so it's not a fluke. Both weren't worth using.
Published on March 21, 2011 by John Cunradi

5.0 out of 5 stars 30X illuminated Loupe, September 19, 2009
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
This Product is great once you get it working. It requires 3 little button batteries ( $3-4 apiece ). The ones that came with it were dead and I assume they were there so you know what size battery to get since this unit is under $5 to begin with. When I first opened the battery compartment with the special tool that is provided a little piece of plastic fell out( Keep this piece !). At first I feared that something was broken but I believe the piece is a tiny shim to ensure good battery contact. The loupe works great and has a really good field of vision diameter.You can`t beat this for under $5. I have ordered 6 more of these and the batteries all worked and the battery compartment has an improved design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeweler's Magnifier Great for Biology, too., September 14, 2011
Thomas H. Ermak (Cambridge, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
I purchased a number of magnifiers to use on biology field trips where a magnifier is necessary to see features of animals and plants that are too small to see with the naked eye. This is one of several jeweler's lenses that I found particularly useful. The magnification is essentially the same as one of the fixed magnifications on a StereoZoom Dissecting Microscope and allows the user to see the features necessary to make anatomical and taxonomic conclusions. They are easy to grap out of your pocket when you need them, protected by a cover, and have a working distance long enough to keep the lens clean and dry (the object of interest does not touch the lens).

On my first purchase, I bought the 20X and 30X lenses. Both are useful for seeing different features, but I used the 30X the most. They were so useful, I purchased a few magnifiers with higher power lenses. In addition to their usefulness, they are consumer priced (much cheaper than purchasing items from a biological supply vendor).

Lastly, the jeweler's lenses are made to observe object held a few mm away from the lens. This is different from a magnifier to see details on a photograph. These photo magnifiers require direct contact with the object for viewing and are not very useful for viewing live organisms. As a word of reminder, the working distance of a lense decreases as the magnification increases, so at magnifications highter than 30X, the lens needs to be held closer to the object, so if the object is wet, greater care needs to be taken when viewing objects with higher power lenses.

My advise - start with the 20X and 30X lenses, and if you want stronger magnification, purchase stronger jewelers lenses.

Happy Field Trips!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice loupe!, October 12, 2009
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
I work with small things like wires, contacts and connectors. The loupe is of great help to review things and the LEDs at the bottom is a great feature since it is always hard to illuminate things below the loupe.

The loupe structure is made of alluminum (the case) and plastic which makes it very light weight, but at the same time I'm not sure how durable it will be with use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good loupe with a bright light!, March 28, 2009
If you need to look at something in a hurry up close, anything, jewelry or coins or just something you want to examine, this little tool comes in handy! The nice thing about it is that you have the light in case of low or limited light conditions. Lens is capable and decent escpecially for the price you pay. It passes all my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Views, August 3, 2009
Josh Van Deventer (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this item at a very reasonable price of less than five dollars. The LED light is what really makes this item a terrific buy. It allows you to view anything you wish at a 30x magnified rate in any kind of lighting condition. I've used it in the dark and it substandard lighting conditions and it works very well in both. I highly reccomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for anyone needing to check blade edges., June 11, 2010
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
I use this to verify the edge of my blades and to that end this product performs flawlessly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Optics, March 21, 2011
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
With this, all you'll get is a large blurry image.
I bought two for work so it's not a fluke. Both weren't worth using.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, December 15, 2011
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
The magnifier distorts objects and just isn't worth the $3. I lost a 10x loupe that I wanted to replace. I would suggest the 30x is more like 15x. Certainly not 3 times more than the 10x I had. I would suggest paying a little more and getting something decent. Something is not a bargain if it is junk.

4.0 out of 5 stars very blue, November 30, 2009
30X jewelers loupe as advertised. the battery is replaceable and the LED's are bright enough to continue working on jewelery after the power goes out...

the LEDs are a little too bright in my opinion and blue which doesnt show off diamonds as well as it could with a traditional lamp and maginfier stand, but for the money you cant get a better portable system than this.

3.0 out of 5 stars 40X Loupe, November 22, 2010
This review is from: SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm (Misc.)
This Loupe is a good buy for the money. It says 40X on the device. I checked it against another 8X loupe and discovered that in reality these are more like 12X. I purchased 4 of these and they all worked as described. The durability should be adequate to hold up for years of use IF YOU ARE CAREFUL WITH IT. The 3 little button batteries can be purchased for 10 - 20 cents EACH if you buy them in bulk on ebay (10 - 100 batteries at a time) I could not get the battery lid open (yes, I was turning it the correct way) so couldn't tell for sure what battery# you need. After some research, I am quite sure they are LR927. The loupe has a really good field of vision. There is, however, some dust/plastic? particles trapped between the 2 lens elements on all 4 of mine. They are not noticeable when you are using the loupe. With shipping, these cost me less than $3 apiece, so I won't complain to much. They are a descent magnifier that will get much use from me.

SE - Loupe - LED Illuminated, 30x, 25mm