5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value!
This has turned out to be everything I hoped it would be. I purchased it mostly for checking details on old coins. It was inexpensive and arrived quickly. The construction is very solid and it has been easy to keep the lenses clean. It is compact enough to store and carry easily, but large enough to be useful.
Published on May 28, 2009 by Matthew Decker Maurer

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.
Published on April 12, 2011 by lichen_guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value!, May 28, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., April 12, 2011
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
I knew this was a low quality product when I ordered it, but for under 3 dollars I wanted to compare it to my B&L 10x Hastings Triplet. No competition. The triplet has a smaller diameter but objects are in focus throughout while the SE with it's larger diameter can only focus on a very minimal field of vision. Spend the extra money and go for quality if this is to be used for anything other than a toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Price, March 21, 2009
N. Luna (Barstow, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
Highly recommend this jewelers Eye. You can't beat the quality and/or the price. I have used it for everything from a splinter to working on a watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, January 12, 2009
M. L. Goodson (Davis, CA United States) - See all my reviews
For the price (and it wasn't much), this loupe is really quite nice. The Case is metal and the magnifier is glass and I don't see any imperfections or distortion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids and amateur botanists, September 14, 2011
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
I'll be distributing these loupes to kids for field use and they are perfect for that purpose. You can tell that they are a little cheaply made, but I ordered a similar product from Forestry Suppliers (10x pocket loupe item #61136 - don't buy it!) last year for almost twice the price and was terribly disappointed - they were damaged, greasy, and covered in fingerprints that were hard to remove. I left a review with that vendor and never received the courtesy of a response. With this product, there is also a little notch that you can loop a string through so that you can wear it around your neck. It comes with a plastic case, but I'm not really sure it's all that necessary. There is a cheap plastic holder inside the case that is molded to fit the lens, but I ended up throwing those out so that I could fit the lens in the case better with a string wrapped around it. If I could improve this product, I might suggest that some of the edges be beveled or sanded a little more since they might be a little sharp - not sharp enough to do any serious damage, I don't think. Don't buy this if you are doing precise work, but it's perfect for kids and amateur botanists.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Magnification-but low price for what you get, March 6, 2010
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
I'm not a jewelwer so when I saw this jewelers loube which I have been wanting to buy because I am a collector as far as buying jewelry goes, I assumed it would provide me with some type of magnification, but it is very poor quality.

Also aesthetically, the plastic carrying case it came in was deeply scratched, and the metal sides of the loube itself are very rough to the touch almost unfinished like if you are not careful one day you can get badly cut.

I guess I got what I paid for.

Never tried resolving the condition of the carrying case itself with the seller, maybe I should have.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for science class, May 18, 2010
S. Baker (eugene, or United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
I purchased 40 of these for the middle school science classes I teach. These are perfect for this use. Large lens and good magnification. Some distortion around the edge, but what did you expect for this price? Of the 40 only 2 had minor defects (chips) in the lens, but they were still functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great., April 26, 2010
M. G. (Omaha, Nebraska, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
It does exactly what it is advertised to do and is very sturdy. A great deal.

3.0 out of 5 stars 10x lense, February 28, 2010
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
Shipment was fast, and seller was prompt and courteous. However, the Loupe is tiny! This is my first, so I didn't realize how important the size is!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looped, February 1, 2010
This review is from: SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X (Jewelry)
Not so sure about this one. The 30x is a killer deal. The 10x focus distance is about 5mm, way too close to use much without a light source. So I wasted $2, big whoop.

SE Jeweler's Loupe - 10X