5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!
Published on September 28, 2010 by AmazonAddict

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not always work in standard impact driver spring-chuck
Published on January 8, 2011 by M. Gamage

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, September 28, 2010
AmazonAddict (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE 3 Pc. Power Extension Socket Bits for Drills (Tools & Home Improvement)
I needed an adapter to connect my sockets to my cordless drill. I came across these on Amazon for only $3.50. I really only needed them for one repair project I was working on, so I didn't care if they only lasted me for the one use. To my amazement, the are actually built really strong! My Stanley sockets and drive extensions snap on really tight. Actually almost too tight. I had to really pull to get them off. Which is fine with me. I would rather they be on tight then fall off every 30 seconds.

You get 3 adapters to fit sockets for: 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch and, 1/2 inch.

I am so glad I opted to buy this set vs. just the 3/8 inch one I found at our local Home Depot. Home Depot had the one adapter for almost twice as much as this whole set. In the end I ended up needing the 1/2 inch too so it was so worth buying the whole set.

The quality of these way surpassed my expectations. Now, instead of throwing them away after my project was complete like I expected, I am put them in my tool box with my sockets. I definitely will be using these more often!

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap good tools, November 17, 2010
For this price I received 3 drill socket adaptors for light use and so far they have held up well. those of you looking for adaptors for high torque applications should look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the price!, August 23, 2010
MrHans (Chicago, Illinois!) - See all my reviews
I used the largest adapter with a 5/8" socket running 6" lag bolts into sill board. The drill complained but the adapter did not. If I have any problems with any out of this set I'll edit my review.
August 22 2011 edit:
I just bought a second set to keep with my Bosch cordless drill/impactor setup. Chucked it in my 18V Bosch impactor to remove 2" long 5/16" socket head seized up bolts (were holding metal track into concrete). Worked nicely. What bolts didnt come out simply had their heads broken off. Havent yet had need to use impactor with any of the lager size adapters yet. If I have issues with them I'll update my post to reflect.
September 2011 edit:
Used the 3/8 chuck adapter with a 3/4" socket to run 6" lag bolts into predrilled holes. worked ok but the torque deformed the body of the adapter slightly and the quick release chuck on the 18V impactor didnt want to release it. A few taps with a hammer on the side of the adapter and it got unstuck. Looks like it's time to get a better adapter set for the impact driver!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed up tedious assembly, January 27, 2010
CK in house "CK" (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Amazing how many items come through my house requiring assembly with sockets or hex keys. These guys take the socket wrench out of my hand and replace it with a drill ... They've gotten me back to the sofa ahead of schedule on many a weekend. Make sure to adjust the torque on the drill to avoid over tightening - can pretty easily damage what you're working on OR twist the drill out of your hand. Only concern I've noted is that the finish seems to have tarnished over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Effective, November 4, 2010
This served the purpose of exactly what I needed, to be able to use my drill with my many socket sets. And for only a few dollars, I cant complain. Obviously this was not made for impact wrenches, but then again neither are drills. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, August 20, 2010
For three of these in decent quality they are good for the price. Now I can use my cordless screwdriver for bolts on my car, going to be much nicer at taking things apart than using a ratchet that takes forever. I recommend these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not always work in standard impact driver spring-chuck, January 8, 2011
M. Gamage "M.G." (Burlington, VT USA) - See all my reviews
I have purchased two of these from the same seller via amazon. The first set was perfect and exactly like in the picture with one slot in the shaft for the bearings in the driver chuck to connect. I liked it, and ordered another to have one in a dedicated portable tool chest. The second set was ordered using the same link, but was not the same socket adapters at all. There were two slim slots in the shaft and got immediately stuck in my dewalt 18 volt impact driver. I had to rip it out with the assistance of vice-grips and persistent knocking with a second wrench. The first set is nice, but the second almost damaged my far more expensive tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Set, July 22, 2010
Excellent fit, seems to be high quality. I recommend this set to anyone desiring use of sockets with a power drill.

1.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, October 28, 2011
Philip F. Locke Jr. (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
On two of the three extensions, the spring-loaded ball would NOT compress, and you couldn't attach a socket to it.
I tried hammering it, and even put them in a vice, but no luck. That ball wouldn't budge.
Chalk it up to experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my impact driver, December 31, 2010
A year or two ago, I purchased a Makita 18v impact driver. Great tool! Best I've yet owned (and I own a lot of tools).

Anyway, it uses the 1/4th inch hex attachments, and these are just what the doctor ordered. Fit all my sockets, seem to be of good quality, and didn't break the bank!

Rate and Discover Movies