Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 29, 2014
Where to begin. I received this today, and the first thing I need to say is it's roulette. Maybe you get a good one and maybe you don't. Maybe you should buy two, three, or four. I gave this item one star for the price point, and I gave it another star because one tip works. The problems start with what another reviewer had alluded to.

The threading for the tightening/loosening mechanism is terrible. Some of the threads have little 'burs' in them that just add to the already fatal flaw. I was unable to properly tighten the three round tips (you get three flat and three round tips) so every time I tried to put in one of the round tips it would constantly fall out. The flat tips seem to stay rather well and I was able to make due.

I plan on purchasing a pricier tool for this in the near future because while this tool has an amazing price, my time and patience are worth far more than $6.18.

For the price and the amount of 5* reviews it has I won't be surprised if this item keeps on selling, but I warn you that you may get a defective tool like myself, or you may get lucky. Buying a tool for a bit more $ may prove to be a wise investment not only for your watch, but your patience.
66 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
Armed with this simple tool and online video instructions (YouTube), changing a watch strap can be done in a matter of seconds. Never going to a jeweler again!
on February 24, 2012
I'm sure this is the same as a bunch of others listed but I chose this one because it didn't have the same manufacturer name as the ones with the really bad reviews. I also like that it came with spare bars since that's one of the big complaints - that the bars break. So far, so good. I have a bunch of watch bands to remove and the only thing is that I should have gotten more spring bars because they can shoot really far LOL. This tool works great!
on March 17, 2013
The tool is priceless for replacing batteries, watch bands and band springs/pins.
This specific tool isn't the greatest quality but will get the job done no problem as long as your not overaggressivee with it the price is right for what your getting.
I would recommend this tool for the avJoeoe but not for someone that does watch worfrequentlyly or for a living.
on July 9, 2012
I chose this tool because of its price point, and it looked like a good product, upon receiving the tool I had a slight problem, the seller reached out to me and managed to solve the problem, excellent customer service, which is rare to find, I recommend this item.
on May 16, 2012
The watch tool arrived on time, in good condition , had all parts and works great. Just as advertised! No problems at all.
on December 22, 2015
Someone warned me that this product was too cheap to live but I was really broke so I got it anyway. After all I only needed it for this one occasion for a Christmas gift. However this is such a poor tool it is really just luck that it worked even for one watch band change. I was following instructions from a professional video so I know it's not that I was using the tool incorrectly. First I tried to use the smaller tip because I had a very small window to get in at the bar. However as I was pushing down to try to encourage the spring out The tips of the thing just bent, as you can see from my pictures. The top tip is how it came the middle one the prongs just smushed right down the bottom one they bent to each side. As a result had to remove a piece forcibly with pliers in order to use the larger tip. Then that one bent in the middle of my attempt to remove the spring bar resulting in slight damage of the leather band.

In the end after destroying for tips I was able to accomplish the task. Granted this is the first and probably only time I have ever done this and I may have been using more pressure than is always necessary but I don't have the finesse down, so a little extra for us was the only way I could get the thing off. Bottom line: these the metal is very soft. It's no wonder they send you a good jillion extra tips.
review image review image
on May 27, 2014
I should have known but this thing is junk. First time I tried to remove a strap the "fork" broke and scratched my watch back. Even opening the package brand new the chrome was flaking off the pot metal this tool is made out of. Not even worth the money.
on March 19, 2015
Rusted parts are stuck in the tool. Im about to get pliers to pull one of the heads off which is BY THE WAY, chipped and broken. I wouldnt be angry if i paid 3 dollars for this product, however, it cost me 10 dollars to received something that was obviously used before.
review image review image
on March 17, 2012
So glad I finally got this. If you know what you're doing and love changing straps or adding or removing links, then this is pretty good tool to have. I wouldn't use this for removing links in all my watches - there are better tools for that; but it's great for changing the straps.