Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on May 29, 2014
Where to begin. I received this today, and the first thing I need to say is it's roulette. Maybe you get a good one and maybe you don't. Maybe you should buy two, three, or four. I gave this item one star for the price point, and I gave it another star because one tip works. The problems start with what another reviewer had alluded to.

The threading for the tightening/loosening mechanism is terrible. Some of the threads have little 'burs' in them that just add to the already fatal flaw. I was unable to properly tighten the three round tips (you get three flat and three round tips) so every time I tried to put in one of the round tips it would constantly fall out. The flat tips seem to stay rather well and I was able to make due.

I plan on purchasing a pricier tool for this in the near future because while this tool has an amazing price, my time and patience are worth far more than $6.18.

For the price and the amount of 5* reviews it has I won't be surprised if this item keeps on selling, but I warn you that you may get a defective tool like myself, or you may get lucky. Buying a tool for a bit more $ may prove to be a wise investment not only for your watch, but your patience.
66 comments104 of 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
Armed with this simple tool and online video instructions (YouTube), changing a watch strap can be done in a matter of seconds. Never going to a jeweler again!
0Comment45 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
I'm sure this is the same as a bunch of others listed but I chose this one because it didn't have the same manufacturer name as the ones with the really bad reviews. I also like that it came with spare bars since that's one of the big complaints - that the bars break. So far, so good. I have a bunch of watch bands to remove and the only thing is that I should have gotten more spring bars because they can shoot really far LOL. This tool works great!
0Comment57 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
The tool is priceless for replacing batteries, watch bands and band springs/pins.
This specific tool isn't the greatest quality but will get the job done no problem as long as your not overaggressivee with it the price is right for what your getting.
I would recommend this tool for the avJoeoe but not for someone that does watch worfrequentlyly or for a living.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
I chose this tool because of its price point, and it looked like a good product, upon receiving the tool I had a slight problem, the seller reached out to me and managed to solve the problem, excellent customer service, which is rare to find, I recommend this item.
11 comment17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
The watch tool arrived on time, in good condition , had all parts and works great. Just as advertised! No problems at all.
on July 8, 2015
Great tool! Used it to swap out my Seiko strap for a new leather one. I was able to easily change them out in just a couple of minutes. Highly recommended if you plan on swapping straps often.
review image
on March 17, 2012
So glad I finally got this. If you know what you're doing and love changing straps or adding or removing links, then this is pretty good tool to have. I wouldn't use this for removing links in all my watches - there are better tools for that; but it's great for changing the straps.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2015
Rusted parts are stuck in the tool. Im about to get pliers to pull one of the heads off which is BY THE WAY, chipped and broken. I wouldnt be angry if i paid 3 dollars for this product, however, it cost me 10 dollars to received something that was obviously used before.
review image review image
on June 21, 2014
Completely useless tool. I own 7 watches and like to change straps and bracelets. This tool is so big that it does not work with not even one of my watches. Seller told me to send it back for refund ... that's nice of them ... but I only paid 4 bucks for the tool, and the return postage will probably cost as much as the tool, plus waste 30 minutes waiting at the post office. Forget that. So it's cheaper for me to just throw it in the garbage bin ... and that's where it went. Spade tips were like trying to change watch straps with a Sears Craftsman Mechanics Screwdriver. Even the round tip was too big to fit in the lug holes on a couple of old vintage Rolexes that I own. If you have a newer style Rolex with bracelet, forget it. The tool won't touch the spring bars on the lugs, or spring bars on the bracelet clasp.
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse