5.0 out of 5 stars SE Spring Bar Tool
I received my SE Spring Bar Tool very quickly and well packaged. I was originally put off in my buying decision by some of the negative feedback regarding tool breakage, but decided to purchase it anyway, due to the low price.

When I received the spring bar tool, it was well packaged and appeared to be well made and finished. The knurling was not too...
Published on July 8, 2011 by Robert

1.0 out of 5 stars NOOOO!!
This tools broke in a heartbeat! Looks nice but is made cheap, didnt last a week! It offered replaceable tips, turned out to be just one that was on the tool itself, so not really having replacements like it said.
Published on June 16, 2010 by J. Sanchez

3.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built, but didn't do the job, May 16, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
A sturdily bult tool (easily worth the price paid) that just wasn't able to release the pins on my Seiko diver to replace the rubber watchband. I wound up using a razor knife blade to release the pin. It seemed the big end was too big to work slide in and release the pin, while the small end was too small to hold on and release the pin. I'm looking forward to having another attempt at pulling a watchband to test it again and verify that it wasn't "opearator error".

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, suitable for easy situation but no more, May 8, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
I accidentally ordered two of these, which allows me insight into the consistency of the product manufacture - which explains the very different reviews here. Neither of mine were of great quality, but they differed significantly - so perhaps there's a good production line too! First one has a very poor quality 'large V' design head, and threads on both ends are very poor making it impossible to secure the head without using pliers (and a lot of torque for a poor quality item). The second had decent threads on both ends, but the 'small v' head was distorted (one side half the length of the other).

I purchased this (these unfortunately) to try to deal with a particularly difficult Casio where the pin fits to rubber, holding a rubber band - which needs to be pressed very firmly into place. I have never had issues adjusting bands or removing and refitting bands - but needed a special tool to try to resolve this for this watch. I did, finally, manage to get the pin located - however I required sufficient force to have removed the last sign of the other half of the 'small v' head - it was a use once experience. It is asserted somewhere in this thread that if you are using force, you are doing something wrong - well I agree and disagree as this watch, and apparently some Seiko rubber designs both need incredible force to align/place the pins. If you have a regular situation, and you get a decent 'copy' of the item, it will likely serve the purpose and is cheap. I could not find a good alternative without going up to a $30 tool, which was not warranted for a $70 watch.

Good luck.

3.0 out of 5 stars spring bar tool, April 25, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
I bought this tool for the next time I have to change my watchband, so I haven actually used it yet. Tool itself looks fine and able to do the job. The problem I have is that I didn't receive any replacement tips.

2.0 out of 5 stars spring bar tool, April 22, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
the interchangeable bits will not stay in the collar, they fall out while you are trying to use the tool. it is a heavy metal and I thought it would be better

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the job done, April 6, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
This product was perfect for replacing my timex watchband. It was simple and easy to use. Great for standard style leather bands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, January 28, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
Not much to tell, it is fit for purpose, a good tool to have on my home desk. If you need to change a watch spring bars you need this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool, January 12, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
Before buying this tool I had to go to watch repair shop to have my watchband changed. Now I do it myself, this saves me time and money.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, January 4, 2013
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
I understand this isn't meant to be the best spring bar tool, but I thought it would be stronger than it is.

The vice on the one end doesn't tighten enough to hold the tool tip in place. The tip that is a straight cylindrical bar bent the first time using it. Luckily, it didn't break. I just bent it back into place and it looks fine now. It does bend when ever I use it though.

The ad makes it seem like you will receive replaceable tips with your purchase. I'm not sure if it was just the seller I got it from, but I did not receive any replacement tips.

I would not buy this again. Instead, I would buy a more expensive one that would last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, December 23, 2012
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
This is my first tool for changing watch straps, and it works like a charm. Great thing to have for watch people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine was messed up, but still works, March 19, 2012
This review is from: SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips (Misc.)
This tool is much better than the mini ones that might come with a watch- the mini ones don't give you the leverage on really tight watch bands.

The process for creating the flat fork is to grind the surface until its very thin. Mine was over-ground, and either melted or caught fire, and one of the tines is visibly warped/bent, and blackened. However, it still works for its intended purpose, and I can fix any other blemishes, so no worries.

SE - Spring Bar Tool, with Replaceable Tips