5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKED WAY BETTER THAN THE REVIEWS SAID.
I ALMOST DID NOT BUY THIS BECAUSE OF THE REVIEWS,BUT I TOOK LINKS OFF OF 7 WATCHES AND IT WORKED GREAT. I THINK PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE YOU HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE PIN IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, A LOT OF WATCHES HAVE AN ARROW POINT IN WHICH WAY TO PUSH OUT THE PIN.
Published on August 12, 2008 by Marvin L. Krastof

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good
I saw mixed reviews on this before buying, but it looked exactly like one I saw someone use in a department store, so I thought it'd be OK for under $10 shipped. I wish I'd gotten something else.

Two major problems
Published on September 27, 2010 by Sean

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKED WAY BETTER THAN THE REVIEWS SAID., August 12, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy tool to resize metal watch band, May 15, 2009
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
Just used this to resize two watch bands and it worked great, took about 3-5 minutes each. Granted, you have to be technical minded, pay attention to the direction of the arrows on your watch band to know which way to push the pin through and line up the pin tap with the hole on the band link. If eyesight is an issue, a steady hand is not available or finesse is not your thing, I'd recommend taking your watch to a jeweler to avoid frustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use & paid for itself after 5 MINUTES!, May 5, 2010
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
I just received this, and after 5 minutes my watch fits perfectly! This pin remover has already paid for itself -- it would have been at least $5 to get the links removed professionally, plus the cost of gas. Even if it hadn't paid for itself so quickly, it would have been worth it due to the time savings alone.

It doesn't come with instructions, but I was able to figure it out very quickly despite having no experience with these things. Like previous reviewers mentioned, the pin must be pushed in the direction of the arrow (assuming your watch has arrows). The vertical alignment (watch pin to tool pin) is very important, but you can easily adjust that with the metal screw on the side... it looks like it's moving only horizontally, but it actually allows precision adjustment in the vertical direction. You can use the tool to push the pins back in.

When I was looking for something like this on Amazon, I almost bought a whole watch repair kit because I wasn't really sure what I needed. If you only need to remove/add links, this is all you need!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective, September 29, 2011
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
I have an Invicta watch that I received and it was WAY too big when I got it. I didnt' want to take it down to my local store and have them charge me $15 to resize it so I ordered this tool and it worked perfectly.

I do have a complaint though...

The points you screw on to push the pin out, on mine they screwed on straight, but the dial you turned to push it into the hole on the link was NOT straight so as you spun it the point was spinning off center. It made lining up the hold with the point very difficult.

Once I got the point into the hole I had no issues at all, just took a little extra focus, but I saved money so It was not that big of a deal.

Do note, at least on the Invicta watch, on the back side of the links are arrows, it points in the direction the link pin pushes out, if you push the opposite direction of the arrows the pin will NOT come out and you'll probably break one of the tips on the pusher tool.

That being said, it does come with multiple tips which is a good thing. Another bad thing, no directions come with this tool. You need to find them online.

If you have a watch and need to resize it, this works, there are more expensive ones you can get but why would you?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, September 27, 2010

Two major problems
1) Today's thicker (men's) watchbands will just barely fit into the slot. (Note to reseller: more product info would help here.) But then you can't see the alignment of the pin remover with where it makes contact with the pin on the watch. I broke a few pins on the remover just trying to line things up.

2) Just as important, the pin on the remover wobbles as you screw it in toward the watch band. (It's VERY loose.) It's like trying to twist a corkscrew, into a narrow space in which you can't see, and have the point on the corkscrew hit the head of a pin dead on. If you're off, the remover-pin will snap ... which mine did repeatedly.

Don't bother with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Idiot proof......Buy this., August 11, 2012
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
I have paid as much as 15 bucks to have 2 links removed. This cost less than 5 bucks and worth every cent. It took not even 5 mins., to remove 2 links without instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great, March 18, 2009
JM (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
Bought this to remove a few pins from my Omega Seamaster. I went to a jewelry store and the guy wanted $10 to remove a few links. I ordered this instead and within five minutes my watch fit perfectly. Great tool for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for me, just take your time, December 20, 2010
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
I have absolutely no experience with adjusting watch bands, but this thing worked great for removing a link from my Orient. Sure it's cheap, and I'm sure it would be easy to break the pins it comes with, but if you are patient and make sure that everything is aligned before trying to push the pin out I doubt you will have any trouble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool at a good price, May 5, 2011
Amazon Customer (Greenville, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
This tool, although not very durable for frequent use, does exactly what the description says. I removed four links from my Casio watch band (two from each side) and reinserted two pins in about 15 minutes. I do recommend good lighting when using because it can be difficult to see the pins once the watch band is on the tool.

A lot of people complained of the tool breaking easily. If you're careful and don't try to force the pin out, that won't happen. If the pin doesn't come out easily, try adjusting the tool before twisting any further.

Also, read the description before purchasing. The picture shows more spare pins than are actually provided with the tool. Mine came with one pin already installed and three spares. The description says only two spares; but either way, it's less than the five pictured above. I do recommend this tool for occasional use, but I wouldn't settle for it if I intended to resize watch bands frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy!, October 26, 2013
This review is from: SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
I had no idea what I was doing but I was able to remove 4 links from my watch in 10 minutes with this little tool.

SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
$2.44 $2.21
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.