5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly what it should
To start, yes, this is cheap. If you are paying $3.50 to try to size your own watch instead of spending $10 at a local jeweler, chances are you are cheap too (as am I :).

Published on December 20, 2009 by that1guy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great
Published on June 1, 2012 by T. Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly what it should, December 20, 2009
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)

The question isn't is it cheap...the question is, does it do the job you want it to. The short answer is yes. It worked extremely well for me. Does the pin remover wiggle? Yes. Just take a minute and line it up. Also, make sure you are pushing the pins straight through and not at an angle (basic physics here...duh, right?). I didn't even break any of the pins (something I have heard some people complain about)...I think this is less likely if you do a good job of lining the pin pusher up with the pins.

One of the reviews mentioned that it was hard to see the alignment of the watch pins and the pin pusher. While this is true, I don't understand how this is a strike against the product. Have you seen the size of the pins on your watch? If you think that somehow this is the fault of this product, I think your expectations may be a bit high. If you have trouble seeing small things, I would just suggest not doing the work yourself.

If you are at all mechanically inclined, you won't have a problem using this. Just make sure you use your patience too.

I would definitely purchase this again. Even if this fell apart tomorrow, it was still cheaper than going to a jeweler, and I really enjoyed doing the work myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than a trip to the jewely store, October 26, 2009
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
First a word aboud the vendor-(Micro-Tools) was great. The package shipped very quickly, and communication was very good.

Alhough the price for this item has jumped up since I purchased it, It's still not a bad deal. My husband and I had both received watches through the mail, and both bands needed adjusting. My last watch ordered through the mail lasted eight years, and for all that time it flopped around on my wrist since I never got around to taking it in to be adjusted.

This little tool works really well, and it takes maybe 10 mintues to resize a watchband. Most of that time is trying to see the pin on the adjustment tool--get a good light and your reading glasses. There are no instructions provided, although there was a sticker on the package with a link to online instructions. There are better instructions out there--google "resize watch band". You just have to make sure that you're pushing the pin in the right direction to remove it (the watch band has an arrow on the bottom to show the direction the pin will go.) To replace the pin, you need to go in the opposite direction (against the arrow) and put the narrow end of the pin in first.

You also might need a small pair of pliers to pull the pin completely free of the band, and a small hammer to tap it all the way back in place.

I was able to resize 2 watchbands in less time than it would have taken to drive out to get them done, and now I have the tool if they need to be resized. Very happy with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and hassle-free, December 22, 2009
Bug@boo (Columbus, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
It is totally worth the price. Its cheap, quick and easy to use. I had to remove 4 pins and put two of them back in to re-size my watch. The entire process took me less than 10 minutes.

The product has a website for instructions but there's a short youtube video showing how to use a similar product which I found to be more helpful (search for "Watch Pin Remover" on youtube) . It really is as simple as it looks on the video. Align the pin remover from the tool with the pin of the watch you need to remove and rotate the handle to push the pin out. Make sure you know which direction you need to push to get the pin out (as others have mentioned, most watches have arrow markings on the underside of the band).

I am extremely satisfied with this product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, June 1, 2012
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
Wasn't sure so I ordered two different watch pin removal tools. This one stinks. One of the pictures makes you think it will push the pin out most of the way. I did read a review that said you need to pull the pin out and they are correct. The unit is hard to see were to start, but not that bad. They should have made the push longer and the unit a little bigger. It is usable, but you are better off getting the SE Watch Band Link Remover Set (5 Piece Set). Comes with a base, smaller hammer and nice long pins. Couple of light taps and most pins are out, no pulling required and it's easy to line up the pin as the band is on it's side. I'm going to return this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars for the price - excellent item, May 26, 2009
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
i have a large watch collection so it was easy to adjust all of my watches to my wrist size - saved alot of money from going back and forth to the jeweler - definitely worth the price

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but works., April 16, 2009
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
This item is fairly cheap (both in the way it's constructed and price) but works as it should. I had my watch sized within a half an hour of opening the package. I thought that I got the five extra bits but one of the collars was missing it's bit so I acutally got 4 instead of the advertised 5 (hence the 4 stars). Oh well, it's cheap and each bit should last a long time as long as you line it up properly and don't force it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexepensive and works just like it should., July 31, 2010
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
I purchased this recently in order to be able to resize a newly purchased Invicta watch. It worked like a charm. Before using you should make sure you're lining the pin up on the correct side of the band. And you should have a very strong pair of reading glasses to line the pin up exactly. There's a reason you see those huge magnifiers in watch shops. If you don't have the pin lined up exactly it will bend and break, it's that simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, Can't beat the price, December 7, 2009
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
I am a watch guy and I'm always buying new watches and looking for deals. I'd read a few unfavorable reviews on this product but thought for the price it was worth a try. I'm glad to say after using it a few times that it absolutely does what it's intended to do and anyone who has problems with it probably should be taking their watch to the jewelry store in the first place.

The tool is plastic and the handle threads are very coarse, so as you turn the handle it appears that the "pin" is wobbling all over the place. It is, but once you snug it up to the pin in the watch everything lines up and the pins push out very easily. I even used it to snug the link pins back in on one watch just to make sure they drove in all the way and 'locked' in place.

I noticed that the seller has had to defend the product a few times. Shame. It works as advertised and you CANNOT beat the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty close to aweful, August 16, 2011
1) came unwrapped
2) came with only 1 pin
3) broke when I removed my third link

Abysmally poor quality. I knew I was buying a cheap device, but I didn't know it was built to break. And to top it off I didn't even get everything that was advertised! I wasn't expecting much, just a product that worked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, January 7, 2010
This review is from: SE - Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins (Watch)
It is a simple tool for fixing/adjusting watch strap and it works -- works well! It is actually better built than I expected given the price. Needs little bit of attention when inserting the pin. Instruction on how to use it is missing (as mentioned by other reviewers), but a simple googling would solve that problem.