Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 17, 2010
I've had three of the beige because that's the only color I could find locally.

Several years ago they were thicker/rounder and the beige had hefty brass hinges which now come thinner in chrome and the price jumped 10 to the asking price above.

Visually I don't notice anything different on the lid or seat contents - attractive. My first thin seat was dropped when I lifted it from the toilet and a 6" chunk broke off from the side. That probably wouldn't happen with a wooden seat so be careful. I had it nearly 3 months and the local chain store replaced it, no problem.

About authenticity:

I've kept salt water aquariums for 20 years including seahorses, starfish, and things that live in shells. On the bathroom wall across from this seat I have a sandy shadow box filled with things that once lived in my tanks and died. There is no difference from what is in the seat and my once live specimens. Starfish colors often fade to nearly white when they die and seahorse tails curl/coil up totally. (They only get about 3 to 5 inches tall.) Likely the items embedded in the lid and seat are man-made but are superb reproductions, in my opinion.

It isn't possible that the antique silver dollars and other silver and gold coins in those money type of seats are real but they genuinely look the part. That's why we pay such a premium.

When you first replace your common seat with one of these you'll go to the bathroom just to admire the change it made. Then, if you're a single guy, after a couple of days you'll never see it again because you'll leave the seat up all the time. :-)
0Comment32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2010
I love this seat. I have the pink one, and it is a beautiful pink. It is well built. I have it installed since 2003, and it still works fine. I installed the another one in tenant's bathroom in 2004, and that is still going strong. I have since changed three toilet seat in the other bathroom. The other bathroom is blue and white, and I could not find a blue one until now. I debating between the blue one of this brand or Deluxe Plastic Toilet Seat with Metal Hinges, Silver Foil. I had the silver foil one in that bathroom, it made the bathroom shine. I am contemplating between shine and sturdy.

I saw someone commented that the seahorse, starfish, and shell are fake. I do not know who would want a dead things in their toilet seat. It looks beautiful.
33 comments15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2010
I had been looking for a seashell toilet seat ever since I watched a television show called "Action League Now," with my kids when they were little. The show was about a top secret group of do-gooder action heros that were out to save the world. They were all little toys made out of plastic. One of the main characters, "Stinky Diver," a deep-sea diver with "an attitude almost as bad as his odor," was often seen diving into a huge toilet (he was only about four inches tall) with a beautiful seashell toilet seat in a nice suburban home.
Oh, the power of nostalgia...well, enough about that. I have always loved going to the beach and I like anything associated with beach decor. I wasn't sure where to get a seashell toilet seat until I found this one. I decided to try another color as well, so I got a rose pink one for our other toilet to go with the color scheme in the downstairs bathroom.
Since we're on a budget, the price was important too and this item is very reasonably priced.

--Candace McCutcheon
on November 18, 2009
This looked so good in the online picture. When I got the product I was really disappointed because the large shell (plus the seahorse and starfish) were obviously not real. The rest of the shells and pebbles were real, but the large starfish was obviously a paper cut out and it brought down the whole look of the item. I can understand the starfish and seahorse being fake, as they are live creatures and harder to find, but I see no reason for the big fake shell. You will be as disappointed as I was, take my word.
44 comments19 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2014
That is not the color of the seat. It is a MUCH darker blue.
review image
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2011
I bought this to surprise the lady of the house....its absolutely gorgeous! Fed-Ex sucks....arrived broken from being mishandled. Also please heed my advice and measure your toilet seat before you order. I ordered the round one and it should have been the elongated. Barbara of Brown's Linens and Window Coverings is wonderful to deal with, she is very efficient and when they come back in stock all I have to pay is the difference. My lady cant wait to plop down on it. Also on a side note she claims its so pretty that I now have to put the seat down to appreciate its beauty...she may be right, it's a really nice looking item.
on March 18, 2011
I never really thought a "toilet seat" would add so much to the decor in my bathroom. This seat is absolutely beautiful and very easy to install. I am thrilled with it and could not ask for more. I bought the blue one and was a little worried it would not be the same color blue as the picture, but it is spot on! I highly suggest this to anyone!
on October 31, 2011
This is second review. 1st was regarding scratch on lid. Company said they would send new seat with return label. All well & good. After 10 days of not receiving it, called several times & went to voice mail. Gave up & decided scratch was not unbearable & gave company 1 star. That same day, seat arrived but had a chip in the lid & one of the shells was actually coming out of the acryllic! Fortunately there WAS a return label. Wouldn't you think they would have checked for quality before sending it since it was a replacement for a defective item? Sending it back, living with the $67 scratch & taking away the 1 star.
on August 30, 2014
AFTER LESS THAN ONE MONTH IN USE, I AM DISAPPOINTED TO FIND THE CRONE
HARDARE STARTING TO RUST. AND I HAVE DISCARDED ALL WRAPPING MATERIAL
AND SHIPPING INVOICES, NOW WHAT DO I DO?
on July 30, 2013
The seat cracked in the back, between the hinges, after one week.
A very pretty seat, but not sturdy at all. Not practical for a bathroom that's actually used.

See 1 answered question