4.0 out of 5 stars Check it out locally if you can.
I've had three of the beige because that's the only color I could find locally.

Several years ago they were thicker/rounder and the beige had hefty brass hinges which now come thinner in chrome and the price jumped 10 to the asking price above.

Published on October 17, 2010 by Smoker

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - not as cool as it seems online
Published on November 18, 2009 by T. LeFey

4.0 out of 5 stars Check it out locally if you can., October 17, 2010
Smoker "Smoker~" (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I've had three of the beige because that's the only color I could find locally.

Visually I don't notice anything different on the lid or seat contents - attractive. My first thin seat was dropped when I lifted it from the toilet and a 6" chunk broke off from the side. That probably wouldn't happen with a wooden seat so be careful. I had it nearly 3 months and the local chain store replaced it, no problem.

About authenticity:

I've kept salt water aquariums for 20 years including seahorses, starfish, and things that live in shells. On the bathroom wall across from this seat I have a sandy shadow box filled with things that once lived in my tanks and died. There is no difference from what is in the seat and my once live specimens. Starfish colors often fade to nearly white when they die and seahorse tails curl/coil up totally. (They only get about 3 to 5 inches tall.) Likely the items embedded in the lid and seat are man-made but are superb reproductions, in my opinion.

It isn't possible that the antique silver dollars and other silver and gold coins in those money type of seats are real but they genuinely look the part. That's why we pay such a premium.

When you first replace your common seat with one of these you'll go to the bathroom just to admire the change it made. Then, if you're a single guy, after a couple of days you'll never see it again because you'll leave the seat up all the time. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Use is since 2003, and still going strong, January 6, 2010
I love this seat. I have the pink one, and it is a beautiful pink. It is well built. I have it installed since 2003, and it still works fine. I installed the another one in tenant's bathroom in 2004, and that is still going strong. I have since changed three toilet seat in the other bathroom. The other bathroom is blue and white, and I could not find a blue one until now. I debating between the blue one of this brand or Deluxe Plastic Toilet Seat with Metal Hinges, Silver Foil. I had the silver foil one in that bathroom, it made the bathroom shine. I am contemplating between shine and sturdy.

I saw someone commented that the seahorse, starfish, and shell are fake. I do not know who would want a dead things in their toilet seat. It looks beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seashell toilet seat -- nostalgia and whimsy, July 29, 2010
I had been looking for a seashell toilet seat ever since I watched a television show called "Action League Now," with my kids when they were little. The show was about a top secret group of do-gooder action heros that were out to save the world. They were all little toys made out of plastic. One of the main characters, "Stinky Diver," a deep-sea diver with "an attitude almost as bad as his odor," was often seen diving into a huge toilet (he was only about four inches tall) with a beautiful seashell toilet seat in a nice suburban home.
Oh, the power of nostalgia...well, enough about that. I have always loved going to the beach and I like anything associated with beach decor. I wasn't sure where to get a seashell toilet seat until I found this one. I decided to try another color as well, so I got a rose pink one for our other toilet to go with the color scheme in the downstairs bathroom.
Since we're on a budget, the price was important too and this item is very reasonably priced.

--Candace McCutcheon

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - not as cool as it seems online, November 18, 2009
This looked so good in the online picture. When I got the product I was really disappointed because the large shell (plus the seahorse and starfish) were obviously not real. The rest of the shells and pebbles were real, but the large starfish was obviously a paper cut out and it brought down the whole look of the item. I can understand the starfish and seahorse being fake, as they are live creatures and harder to find, but I see no reason for the big fake shell. You will be as disappointed as I was, take my word.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, February 14, 2011
I bought this to surprise the lady of the house....its absolutely gorgeous! Fed-Ex sucks....arrived broken from being mishandled. Also please heed my advice and measure your toilet seat before you order. I ordered the round one and it should have been the elongated. Barbara of Brown's Linens and Window Coverings is wonderful to deal with, she is very efficient and when they come back in stock all I have to pay is the difference. My lady cant wait to plop down on it. Also on a side note she claims its so pretty that I now have to put the seat down to appreciate its beauty...she may be right, it's a really nice looking item.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, March 18, 2011
I never really thought a "toilet seat" would add so much to the decor in my bathroom. This seat is absolutely beautiful and very easy to install. I am thrilled with it and could not ask for more. I bought the blue one and was a little worried it would not be the same color blue as the picture, but it is spot on! I highly suggest this to anyone!

2.0 out of 5 stars Measure the Hole, March 4, 2012
Zumba Nana (Chicagoland, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Our toilet and tub are a green-gold color (from the 70's when the house was built) and it's been difficult to find a replacement toilet seat that matches. I had seen ones similar to this one in stores and took a chance on buying it online. My husband, as he was installing it, said that it matched nicely with the bathroom. Hooray! But, after he installed it, we realized that the "hole" was almost 2 inches smaller than the old seat. Not a big deal from some folks, but for us was us. I was really disappointed and returned it. Maybe we should just bite the bullet and re-do our bathroom with white fixtures...

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy from this company, October 31, 2011
This is second review. 1st was regarding scratch on lid. Company said they would send new seat with return label. All well & good. After 10 days of not receiving it, called several times & went to voice mail. Gave up & decided scratch was not unbearable & gave company 1 star. That same day, seat arrived but had a chip in the lid & one of the shells was actually coming out of the acryllic! Fortunately there WAS a return label. Wouldn't you think they would have checked for quality before sending it since it was a replacement for a defective item? Sending it back, living with the $67 scratch & taking away the 1 star.

1.0 out of 5 stars Whoa - not a real seahorse, September 3, 2013
It matches the image on the screen, what they don't tell you is that the visuals are 2 dimensional. When you see it in person the images look like paper photos in the clear resin. Also, the colors are red, yellow and beige, not the colors we see on the eastern coast. We would send it back, except their fine print on returns makes that process more expensive than the original total cost. Stay away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seashell and Seahorse Resin Toilet Seat - Standard Size, Blue, June 14, 2013
This review is from: SEASHELL AND SEAHORSE RESIN TOILET SEAT - STANDARD SIZE, GREEN
I purchased a seashell toilet seat 10 years ago from Favorites ($79.99) and still have and love it. Decided to buy another one for the upstairs bath in blue. My only complaint is that the color, which is beautiful is not a true blue. It's more of an aqua blue and doesn't match my colors. I kept it anyway because I like it. Very easy to install, no tools required. Have only had it a few days so cannot comment on its durability yet but do not anticipate any problems. One tip though if you are shopping for one of these - check for the lowest price. I saw this same seat for $99.99 in a catalog and then found it here for only $49.99. I would not pay $100.00 for this, but at $49.99 it's a bargain. I paid $80.00 for my other one 10 years ago so this is a good price if it holds up as well as my first one which still looks like new.

SEASHELL AND SEAHORSE RESIN TOILET SEAT - STANDARD SIZE, GREEN