Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 22, 2011
This bundle (if purchased while on sale) is a great value for some old school fun. The only downside I found with this bundle is that it consists of 12 separate downloads but luckily the largest is only 29MB. Also, none of the games come with a product code/key so they can not be redeemed via Steam.

UPDATE: The 12 downloads all install to the same folder and the individual games are accessible through a single main "SEGA Genesis Classics" menu. Unfortunately the games are not in alphabetical order but rather by the list you see under "Product Description" above. You only get to see one title at a time. This is a little cumbersome, but not terrible. I also found out that at some point I had purchased "SEGA Genesis Classics Series 1" through Steam and now the rest of this pack is playable through Steam since it's all added to the original install folder. Nice.
review image review image
on May 26, 2014
Be advised that although these titles are available on Steam, you will not be able to register this product to your Steam account.
on April 10, 2015
This is a rather expensive bundle, but for 48 classic games it's still a pretty good deal. And let's face it, a lot of these games are classics. Several Sonic the Hedgehog games, two Streets of Rage games, two Shining Force games, Gunstar Heroes, Golden Axe and the first sequel, and a lot more. Not every game is great and the sheer variety means that there are going to be some games that don't appeal to you, but nevertheless there should be several games that are more than worth your time.
on February 17, 2015
I already owned packs 4 and 5 on Steam. After reading that there would integrate with Steam, I bought them in a second. Not only did they integrate with the Steam version, they did so automatically, they installed to the correct directory by default. It was all fast and easy and I checked it afterwards to confirm that they all showed up. Definitely worth every penny at less than $5 right now.
on January 10, 2015
Cool games, and they were a good deal. The individual downloaders and installers though were a pain to install everything and created a lot of clutter in the downloads folder and on the desktop. Amazon has good software downloading speed though.
on May 16, 2013
I want to confirm what another review posted: if you buy any of the SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics packs through Steam, these games will install to the same directory and you can access them from the same menu. The only thing Steam does is provide a shortcut to the game launcher.

So do like I did, pick up Collection 5 on Steam (not included in this Mega Pack) and you'll get a big pile of games and convenient Steam access for minimal money.
77 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
I mainly bought this for the Sonic games as they were my favorite when I was younger. I didn't go through steam like some of the other users have but I find that if you pay attention to where everything is installing you can make a folder, I named mine Sega Game Collection, and they will all install there. That way you can just fire up the Sega Launcher and get to playing. The games work flawlessly with an Xbox 360 controller. Haven't tested on my tv yet but you seriously can't expect these old games to be perfect on an HDTV. It's just not going to happen. If you want to enjoy some nostalgia for cheap you can't go wrong!
on January 3, 2013
When i bought it, it was a LOT cheaper, only a few dollars, so for that it instantly gets 5 stars. The games themselves are amazing and they run in a Sega branded emulator which is always cool. All the games work flawlessly on windows 7.
on August 8, 2013
Lots of great classic games for a dirt cheap price. I like to play these games on my laptop using my plug-in Xbox 360 control. Love the old Golden Axes! One problem, where is the awesome Herzog Zwei?
on July 9, 2013
The advice in other reviews about getting this to work in Steam pushed me over the edge. I picked it up and wasn't disappointed! A huge pile of fun goodies to play is all I can ask for such a bundle. The controls are well mapped, the UI is a little odd until you realize that they're really just running a virtual machine and booting each cartridge as you select each game.

The graphics smoothing helps, though there's obviously nothing to be done for it being low-res.

Definitely recommend this to gamers who remember the old days.