4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at first, but like it now
Published on November 25, 2011 by Casey's Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars impossible to log in
Cannot log in. Between the multiple pages with non working buttons, refusal to accept created passwords, and slow as honey speed this app sucks. I'm cancelling my subscription & uninstalling this. What idiot tested this and thought it worked?
Published on December 25, 2011 by G. Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at first, but like it now, November 25, 2011
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I'm a current subscriber and thought I'd get the Self App and get the magazine so I can read it on my Kindle Fire when I'm at the doctor, etc. The registration process was annoying. You had to enter your magazine info, then your email and create a password, and you also have subscribe to self.com and create username and password there and have your email registered there in order to get the magazine. Both passwords have to match, which I wasn't aware of. Had to email, then call Self to get this straightened out.

Then, after signing in, I was able to download the December issue of the magazine. The download process stopped partway through, but then finally finished. Sat down to read it later, and stupid me, but I didn't realize that you have to have wi-fi connected and be on the internet, and sign in to Self in order to read the magazine. This defeats my purpose of being able to read it on my Kindle anywhere. Can't read it unless I'm somewhere with a wi-fi connection.

This was my first magazine I attempted to get the digital copy of. If all of them have to use a wi-fi connection in order to read them, I'm going to be really sad... but like I said before, maybe I'm just stupid and should have known that.

Anyways, I think I'll just continue reading my hard copy of the mag and forget about this version. The digital copy looked ok, but it's too much bother for me....

REVISED 1/15/12: Thanks to those of you who pointed out that I didn't need a wi-fi connection to read the magazine. When I click on the app on my Kindle Fire I get a pop up message "can't access library - not connected to internet", so I wrongly assumed that I couldn't read the mag without being on the internet. All I did was click "ok" on the pop up and I'm able to read the magazine. I guess if I'm this ignorant, I shouldn't be leaving reviews...Anyway, I increased my rating to 4 stars, and although it kind of takes a little long to download an issue, I like it now!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars impossible to log in, December 25, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, November 23, 2011
Amazon Customer (Indianapolis, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
The app and subscribe process was a little odd for me, but it went fairly smoothly. The magazine format displays very well on the Kindle Fire. This is an interactive magazine where you can tap on some of the pages (like the ads) to get more information. Not sure yet whether I will keep the subscription but that is what trial periods are for, so for now I am only giving it 3 stars and will update later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fitness Magazine e-reader version, January 11, 2012
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
With videos, demos of the exercise moves and more this is BY FAR the best fitness magazine reader version I have found. It's not like other magazines that just throw their print version out there. There are bonuses that make the reading experience come alive. You don't have to be connected to the internet as reviewed by a previous reader. Make sure you have the app downloaded to your kindle and not your cloud and be sure you downloaded the entire magazine before disconnecting from the internet. I love my eversion of Self!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App!!, January 1, 2012
Denise S. (Toledo, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I received my Fire for Christmas and Self is the first mag I transferred from a paper subscription.I hit the current subscriber option entered my email downloaded the mag. and I was off and reading.Pretty straightforward stuff.Each issue took less than 3 min. each but if you have a slow server or poor range it will be slower. Also once I signed in it kept me signed in so I have no problem just pulling up an issue.I was also able to pull up my downloaded issues and read them without wi-fi. This isn't rocket science...get the app :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars motivating, January 3, 2012
M. Hart (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I love the videos! I can figure out exercise moves so easily now. This is my first e magazine so maybe it is nothing new, but wow, that alone makes the subscription worthwhile.

1.0 out of 5 stars unable to open magazine, November 24, 2011
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
have current subscription. log in but still do not have access to magazine! have tried several times. have sent an email as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't download, February 20, 2014
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I had trouble getting the new issue to download. I tried to contact SELF and they asked me to provide the information that I already provided when asking for help.

Content is great, but technical issues forced me to cancel subscription. The print version costs less, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Free but still have to pay, August 4, 2013
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I like that the app is for free, however I didn't know that you have to buy the issue if you want to read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Self App, April 24, 2013
A. Tutino "TT" (Hollywood, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SELF Magazine (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Got it for my wife's K-8.9HD. She travels for business so we have her Mag-scrips as apps. Works well just as most of the K-Fire apps.