Samsung 4.2-Inch Galaxy Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $109.95
SGP 4.2 Kies Problems Is anyone else having issues connecting their 4.2 to their computer using Kies? I've tried troubleshooting it but to no avail.
asked by Duster on June 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
I have two suggestions if you have installed Kies on your computer and then find that you cannot complete a connection with your Galaxy Player 4.2.

1. Ensure that the USB setting for your player is set to "Samsung Kies". There are three USB settings -- "Samsung Kies", "Media Player", and "Mass storage". Select "Samsung Kies" using the following sequence -- Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Wireless and network -> USB settings -> Select "Samsung Kies".
2. Get the very latest version of Samsung Kies at http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ . I don't advise using Kies from the Galaxy Player Support web page for the 4.2 because it may be an older version. I used the latest version successfully.
JohnnyShipIt2Me answered on August 23, 2012

A
votes
The only reason I want to use Kies is to make sure my firmware is up to date on my 4.2. I know it checks automatically and tells you.

I have been using the "drag and drop" method to actually get my files on it though. It works great that way.

Is there another way to update my 4.2 other than using Kies?
Duster answered on June 23, 2012

A
votes
So far, I have no problem using drag & drop method.To be honest, I'm not familiar with Kies.Sorry, if I can't answer your question.
Renee Li answered on February 15, 2013

A
votes
Yes, absolutely. In my experience, Kies is a very cranky piece of software. Don't install it, and don't use it. Use "drag and drop" in Windows Explorer to load files on your 4.2.
The Dude answered on June 23, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›