5.0 out of 5 stars SGT KNOTS Boot Laces
Published on April 9, 2012 by David Robbins

3.0 out of 5 stars undeniably rugged but less than ideal knot tightness
Published 24 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars undeniably rugged but less than ideal knot tightness, November 28, 2012
Amazon Customer (Lancaster, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I use these on steel toed work boots that I wear from 40 to 60 hours per week. These laces appear to be heavy duty and I expect them to last longer than traditional synthetic laces but paracord seems to be less than ideal as a material for boot laces. It is significantly stiffer and somewhat slicker than traditional round boot laces and because of this the knots do not cinch down as tightly as I am used to. I find that I need to take extra care to confirm the knots are locked in or they tend to work themselves loose over the course of a day. I'm used to getting about 6 months of duty out of the royal blue synthetic laces that I buy online ($2.00/pair) before they fray or break. These will probably last much longer than that but I'll probably go back to the cheaper ones when/if these give out. If you need the longest lasting laces possible this may be the ticket but you give up the ability to tie nice tight knots. YMMV.

5.0 out of 5 stars SGT KNOTS Boot Laces, April 9, 2012
It is hard to find a good pair of boot laces, I have tried quite a few and it seems that I can only get a year our of any of them. I ordered these and they have not frayed and they have a durable feel when I tied them. I broke my left ankle a few years ago and I tie my boot on that foot tighter and that is the lace that will break first. I have no doubt after using these for quite awhile that they will probably outlast my boots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just buy 100' of paracord, August 3, 2013
This product is a great idea, but after receiving it, this is just paracord with metal tips. I'm not sure why I expected something better/else. I would highly recommend you just buy a 100 feet of paracord for about the same price and cut it yourself to 72 inches, melt the ends, and put on your boots - then you have around 88 ft left over to do whatever you want with! Rothco 550lb. Type III Nylon Paracord

3.0 out of 5 stars Double knot, December 8, 2012
Marc G (Marietta, GA) - See all my reviews
I have to "double tie" my laces since the paracord is slick and comes untied in the course of a work day. The metal tips slide off after a few times of wear. I solve that by burning the ends to keep them from fraying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly assembled - good material, shame, December 28, 2012
This review is from: SGT KNOTS® Paracord Boot Laces - 72" (Kitchen)
I got this and the 54" version .. both are excellent material - but they completely botched the clasping (the ends of the laces). They are so poorly clamped that they don't fit through the holes on half my boots - making this product fairly unusable. I've posted a picture. Shame - would have been good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for other uses!!, April 7, 2012
This shoelaces are great color and long enough to save you on some wild experience in the outdoor when there is no rope at hand; yet they get constantly loosened, at first I thought it was because they were new but it has become a recurrent situation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugh problem bad, no sorry SUPER BAD costumer service, June 6, 2014
I bought these laces for my Khyber coyote brown and multicam boot because the originals broke after many years of good use.
great was my surprise when I received them. I got some od green kind of color instead of the color shown in the picture. which they
claimed is coyote brown, the same color as the original laces I have on the boot
after complaining and sending pictures of the old laces and the new ones they told me that the od green color they send to me where coyote brown and that the laces I had on the boot where brown.
maybe I'm color blind. I really not sure !! because I also bought the tan and black color laces and so far I can see they are the perfect color I needed and saw on amazon. so I'm not blind after all
these people don't want to take responsibility for the fault they made and want to fool you, and its not about the money its about HONOR.
so people if you want to buy these laces please be aware that the color shown as coyote brown is going to be green when you get it.
sincerely
Sergei

5.0 out of 5 stars Made In USA, Seem To Be Very Tough, December 10, 2013
These are some very tough laces. The metal tips are a cool thing too! I've had them for some months now, and they seem like they will hold up very VERY well over time. I bought some KG X-Treme Kevlar/Nylon mix ones for my Redwings at the same time, and will compare the 2 later as they seem like items that would be cross shopped given them similar properties. I got these for my Corcoran Jump Boots.

As has been mentioned by others, the Kevlar in the laces makes them a bit "different" to actually use, they behave differently than more stretchy laces. However you become accustomed to it very quickly, and it's not really a downside for me. I have always been a double knot kind of guy, and I think this is the simplest solution. I've had no issues when doubled knotting them, but I can see where they could come undone in a single knot. For the extra strength to have to double knot seems a small price to pay. As I said, I've always done this anyway so it was a non issue for me.

I've had no occasion to test their fire resistance (and hopefully never will!) but I'm sure they'll hold up! They glide quite well and seem to be smooth. On my Corcorans I think the eyelets are a bit rough, and they can catch a bit though. I think this is an issue with the eyelets though, not the laces. I think on my Redwings they would glide like butter!

So on to comparisons. These are a very "refined" lace for their thickness/beefiness, as in they look nice and shiny and uniform. The KGs were more rough and tumble I would say. The KGs would seem out of place in a super dressy boot, whereas these would not. The KGs being not 100% Kevlar have a bit more stretch and bite to them when doing up the knot, they're also waxed which helps in this department. So for those looking for extra toughness with a slightly more traditional "knot feel" perhaps they should try those. They're cheaper too. The KGs I got were not metal tipped, although I understand they do make ones that are. Overall, I'd say it's a matter of what one is looking for between the two. I like them both, and would buy both again.

I'm big on buying American, and these are made in the USA (As are the KGs) which is a plus for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 5, 2014
The only thing I didn't know and not too fond of is the metal tips. Makes it difficult to clear a metal detector at the airport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014