4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of testers in a small train case
Published on December 2, 2010 by DIYer

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product, poor packaging.
Published on March 11, 2011 by Sheldon Brandt Spiers

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of testers in a small train case, December 2, 2010
This review is from: SHANY Carry All Trunk Professional Makeup Kit - Eyeshadow,Pedicure,manicure - Gift Set (Misc.)
I would like to give this item a 3 1/2 star rating, but the quality of the item pushed me to opting for a 4 star rating. Why no 5 star rating? Although there are a few dozen different colors/types of make-up, all are tiny sample-size or tester size pots and tubes of make-up (with three very small bottles of nail polish with scant pedicure/manicure items) with most items almost too small to use more than a time or two (although testers are always helpful when figuring our what color looks good/bad and so on). The interior of the case held a very large silver cardboard box (which I filled with some "real-sized" make-up palettes and tools as this was meant to be a gift for a 17 year old girl). The case is a rather small-sized train case without trays or dividers inside like some I have owned (although the description did not note there were dividers etc.).

I probably would not buy this again primarily based on price as I feel I could have purchased a similar case and added several nice nontester-size palettes of make-up and kits and the like (especially readily available during the holiday season) for a similar price, however this arrived in excellent time, was well-packaged (nothing broken/cracked etc) and ultimately saved me some time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product, poor packaging., March 11, 2011
Sheldon Brandt Spiers (Trinidad, West Indies) - See all my reviews
The actual make-up was fine...mostly...but the carrying case was inferior and arrived broken apart. This was a Christmas present and could not be given as the case was completely broken in pieces and one or two pieces of make-up were also broken. Though I contacted the seller about this almost two months ago, they never replied...very poor service. Overall, poor packaging for shipment and even worse customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just FYI...., March 18, 2012
I purchased this item for my daughter-in-law who is 27. I thought she would enjoy having a variety of makeup, as well as the case to keep it all in. As she opened the sealing wrapping, I was embarrassed to see that the makeup ONLY LINES THE OUTSIDE OF THE KIT! When you open the kit, it has a big cardboard (silver) empty box. When she put the makeup in the kit, it looked so empty and I couldn't believe that I had paid that much for so little. I called her later that day to apologize...it was truly a major disappointment that there was so little makeup in the kit that gives the appearance of so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift idea - came on time - will buy one more soon., December 3, 2012
I actually need one more of these, based on picture I assumed there are two sets in one. But when it came, I found out picture is showing the back and front, I don't have time to complain for that, since description said about that and I didn't read it. I like the case, its two sided clear aluminum box, everything is squeezed between. Colors are good, but lipsticks are small. Eye shadows are 6 color kits, thankfully mine came with different colors. The bronzer is not bad, but I its too dark for my skin, im too light and won't be able to use the powder and bronzer. More likely I will give this as a gift to my cousins. I bought this and red one from shany for myself, but now I feel like its better to give them as gift, since the price is so cheap, I think I can afford buying one more for myself. Only this time of the year you can buy makeup gift set for under $40. In the mall, I paid $40 for estee lauder makeup gift set, but inside that big box, was just 4-5 makeup samples. Of course that's a nice brand and everyone will love that gift, but with this set, I paid $40 and I have about 30 good makeup in it, also got a free aluminum case, I'm already dreaming about how to use the case, since its clear , it will be great to put the nail accessories in it, or my sewing accessories. Overall good purchase, will buy one more of this before Christmas. I will update my post when I use the makeup, I haven't used them on my face, since this will be a gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars its very good make up, January 1, 2011
it is good make up but its not completly filled there is a box in the middle holding it to the sides

3.0 out of 5 stars nice, January 17, 2013
did not have as much product as i thought, but it was very nice and my daughter was happy!! thank you

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Sturdy, January 15, 2012
Product was delivered in a timely manner. I would not recommend this product to anyone. The carrying case is made of a really cheap plastic and arrived with the handle broken. This was a christmas present so no time to return and receive a replacement. I tried to contact seller with no success. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT OR BUYING FROM THIS SELLER.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makeup = great --- Case = garbage, February 20, 2012
MAKEUP= 5 stars, CASE= -1 stars.

Very good quality makeup for my little 'tween-ager'. Lots of colors & types for her to experiment with. She is quite pleased! :-)

HOWEVER....I have a big negative rating for the plastic-sided box/case itself. It's held together by metal rivets that go through the clear plastic sides, but that plastic is far too thin and weak and as a result it has broken/cracked at nearly every rivet location. Because of this, the box itself started falling apart pretty much immediately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caught off guard, February 8, 2012
When I ordered this make up set I did so thinking how nice it looks. So I ordered it and when it came it was in a small silver suitcase looking box. I know that everything in that carry all trunk was not in my "box".. I was very disappointed in this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosmetics Train Case, January 23, 2013
Well worth the money, all I need in one case, just grab& go.Only thing I had to buy to complete the set was mascara.
VERY HAPPY & PLEASED with product<3