Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on August 6, 2012
The packaging was well cared for, and was in good condition. Great price and best choice for a simple wig holder.
It isn't an exact replica of a woman's head, it's a bit smaller than what you'd consider to be average. (But luckily for me I practically have a smaller sized head and it's the exact same shape and size as mine.)
It also has a hole on the bottom for stands and such if that is what you're looking for.

In all, good purchase!
on March 8, 2013
I bought three of these heads with three wigs and fond the heads to be much to shall for the adult wigs. The title should read SHANY Cosmetics Female Child's Styrofoam Head, 12 Inches, 4 Ounce.
on August 8, 2012
The head is really small and the neck is really short. This means most of my (fairly short) wig just sits on the table, instead of hanging down.
on July 14, 2013
Who has a head this small? A toddler? I tried to use this to make a wig but it threw off all of my measurements. Wasted hair and time. Ended up tossing the head in the trash.
on January 18, 2013
This is the first Styrofoam head that I've ever owned and I purchased it to store a costume wig in place of it's plastic bag and to style when ready to wear. This head measures 10" tall not 12" & the head circumference is 20"(small) which is the perfect child size head....not quite adult size which is typically 22 inches. I have no experience with this type of product, so I'm unfamiliar with industry standards, but I expected a Styrofoam head to be both taller and a few inches larger. However for the price, I'll simply keep it to measure headbands and hats that I make for my daughter while she's in school. I've ordered the Styro Manikin (Styrofoam Mannequin) Head which is 15 1/2 inches tall and I think the added height will make it perfect for both storing & styling, even if the head circumference is small.
on December 17, 2014
The think about these heads is that once you get them they grow bodies and now i have 12 more family memebers. It's ok at the begining but then at times like these I have to shop for 12 more people. Since they are not citizens then they can't work so I have to support them and I mean they do keep the house clean and mow the lawn but at the end of the day I have feed them and now they even want clothes! I swear I should of just gotten the 6.
on June 3, 2015
I purchased two of these back when they were about $4/head, but I would not re-purchase them at their current price of $8/head. I use the heads mostly for temporary wig storage/display and as a place for pinning wigs when I'm styling them. I don't style using the size of the head or its features as a guideline - the head is much too small for that. The wig head is also made of light, foamy styrofoam, so you'll need a wig stand or some pole to keep it upright if you're styling longer or heavier wigs (I have an old drum major's baton that I pop the head on - the head has a hole in the bottom for a wig stand). The foam doesn't have the nice, sealed look that higher-quality foam heads have, but it's durable enough for my needs.

If I ever were to model prosthetics or perform more intensive wig styling, I would do the plastic-wrap-and-masking-tape alteration to get a more accurate hairline and head shape.
Tutorial for adjusting a wig head to fit your hairline and head shape: <http://silencedrowns.tumblr.com/post/33849463668>
(if Amazon removes the link, search for "how to wig head hairline silencedrowns")
on April 21, 2014
This is a great foam head but the neck is super fragile. Mine arrived cracked nearly the entire way through the neck. I needed it for an art project I had to complete in a hurry so I did my best to glue it back together so that I could turn my project in, but if you are using it for wig storage or anything else you will want to be careful with it because it gets damaged easily.
There's not really much you can say about a styrofoam head. I bought several of these in both men, women and child sizes so that I have something to model the knitted hats that I have made. They seem to run pretty true to size and they work well for fitting my hats.
on January 13, 2015
this wig head is nice because it is straight on. some of the ones with more "delicate/feminine" looking faces actually have their heads cocked, which could make for uneven styling if you are not as experienced.