5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality
I wasn't sure if I want to buy this product, 78 Color Palette for that price? Too true to believe.
But it was tempting to give it a shot and being a make-up artist I am always in search of new products. I don't believe in only one brand.
I got this palette very nice packed.
None of the shadows were chiped or damanged.
If I was to compare SHANY to...
Published on November 17, 2009 by Bernadetta Soja

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
I just received these in the mail today and on one of the eyeshadows was a nice fuzzy patch of mold! I'm also returning the lipsticks because they looked like they were used (smudged fingerprints on them). I'd rather pay more money for a good, quality product now instead of trying to save some money.
Published on October 8, 2012 by seeking_peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality, November 17, 2009
This review is from: SHANY Professional Makeup Kit, 78 Color (Health and Beauty)
I got this palette very nice packed.
None of the shadows were chiped or damanged.
If I was to compare SHANY to another Brand name I would compare it to MAC, because they are in a way creamy but not exactly and the shadows apply beautifully!! On my first night out w/ my friends I did a silver dar smokey eye makeup applying only the shadows from this palette to test it and I was blown away, the makeup has stayed all night long the same as I applied at 8pm that evening.

I am so EXTREMELY happy I bough this palette, I want to buy more.

Sorry MAC, I don't think I could have afforded your prices for 78 shades of eyeshadows but I certainly can afford SHANY!

5.0 out of 5 stars good variety of colors, beautiful neon eyeshadows, loved it, May 28, 2009
I would recommend this to everyone, this is the first time I get an eyeshadow adn I really liked it, I used to buy mac and sephora, but now I see I was wasting my time and my money. this 78 color palette does it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant colours, low price, great value, October 19, 2009
As a recent cosmetology school graduate I felt limited in what I could buy from a store like Sephora where the prices tend to be pretty high. I love MakeUp Forever but one shadow colour is about $18. The colours in this palette are vibrant and will last a long time since you only need a little bit on your brush. A wide array. Try some of them wet as well.
Its a great idea for anyone on a budget who loves the art of colourful makeup application!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Stage and Screen, May 12, 2011
I bought this product for my younger sister, who plans to pursue a career in cosmetology. I was attracted to the low price, and thought if nothing else, it wouldn't be a financial loss if she didn't like it. After viewing the palette and seeing how great the pigments applied, I quickly bought myself a set as well (I also bought the brush set with each purchase--another great investment). I was immediately in love.
I am a stage actress, and depending on how large the cast is, I sometimes have to do my own makeup. With these vibrant, highly-pigmented colors, makeup is a snap. The set also includes highlighters, blushes, and bronzers for creating the contours needed in stage makeup. I've had this set for over 6 months, and despite using it on a daily basis, I still have enough to last me atleast the rest of the year.
I also produce a webseries, and when our makeup artist isn't available, I use this set for some great special effects makeup, or just wet the more vibrant shades for a highly polished pop. The colors are beautiful under bright lights and hold their own for HOURS on end, making them perfect for my busy life as a performer--I apply once and go.
If you are looking for great stage/screen makeup, or simply wanting more bang for your buck in the beauty department, BUY THIS (and get the brush set with it!). You can look like a pro without paying the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value! Vivid Colors!, June 23, 2011
I'm black so finding eyeshadow and blush that actually show up vividly on my skin tone is hard, but this product had an Amazing color pay off and for the price I paid I can't complain! The blushes look gorgeous on my skin, and the highlights are amazing also. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a great quality,color for a good reasonable price;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, February 8, 2013
First let me just say I am totally a make-up Queen, especially when it comes to eye shadows. I am extremely picky which is why I always assumed the expensive make-up was the best and Only option for me. MAC, Mary Kay, Bare Essentials, etc were the only brands I would wear. In my mind they were the best. The only reason why I ordered these shadows was because MAC discontinued one of my favorite colors and I needed a backup while I continued my search (not to mention it was a great price.) Well needless to say I am shock by the array of beautiful, bold colors in this palette and the quality of these shadows is phenomenal. My make-up last the entire day without wear. I especially love the way the palette is designed so that the shadows, shimmers, and blush complement one another. Unlike my Mary Kay shadow's which are predominately sold separately so you are forced to guess which color truly complements the other. Needless to say, I am truly impressed with this Shany's product. I would definitely recommend this make-up kit to anyone looking for a glamorous, professional look. You will be extremely happy with this kit, I know I am.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, October 8, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars dry skin, April 2, 2012
I ordered this item, after reading almost all the reviews. honestly, I thought it would be better, as people wrote better to buy this item, then spend lot of money on expensive ones. First time in my life I tried to save some money:) but I was mistaken, colors where just like it was shown on the photo, no doubt on that. But the thing was it wouldn't stay long on my face. I had my makeup done in the morning, went to work, at lunch time I looked like I had no makeup on my face:( It seemed like I had washed my face:( Other then that everything was fine. Maybe it's because of my skin, I don't know for sure but definitely it isn't for dry skin, as first time I put it on on washed face and it didn't stay on long, second time, I put it on moisturized skin, after moisturizer and foundation, and it stayed on a little bit longer. Thanks for ur attention:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely pigmented but much smaller than I expected, March 5, 2014
The eye shadows are good but you don't get much. Definitely the smallest I've seen in a set - both upscale and downscale. Still good colors and fun to play with.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not USA made, April 23, 2013
I was looking for eye shadow made in the united states. This is not. Very unhappy because it was stated that it was.

SHANY Professional Makeup Kit, 78 Color