5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't originally impressed, but now I am
I was originally sent a set of collar stays that were not only non-magnetic, but had burrs all around, which damaged the fabric of my shirts, and could even potentially cut skin. Sharkk representatives offered to send me a complimentary replacement, which I accepted.

The replacement collar stays are great. No more burrs! That's great customer service...
Published 18 months ago by -1

2.0 out of 5 stars Actually a little disappointed.
Funny how excited I got about these. Had never seen metal collar stays. Ordered the Sharkks as they seemed to be better than some cheaper ones yet still very reasonably priced.

They do work. Problem is they have sharp unfinished edges. For a cheap shirt, fine. But there is no way I would put them into one of my nicer ones.
Published 19 months ago by MrMetro

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't originally impressed, but now I am, January 24, 2013

These collar stays are much better than the flimsy plastic ones you get with a new dress shirt. This is simply because they won't bend, and they add a little weight to help keep the collar down. You also have the option of using neodymium magnets to achieve the button-down look, if you like. (I'm confused on this point, since the new set of collar stays I was sent are most definitely magnetic, but the product description, as I write this, says "Does not work with Magnets".)

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to look sharp then these Sharkk metal collar stays help you look great!, May 30, 2013
Length:: 1:13 Mins

I wore a suit to work for 35 years and I owned a lot of shirts that use collar stays. They help your collar stay flat and sharp and it makes the collar look like it is supposed to look. I like metal collar stays and I always owned some. Most shirts come with plastic ones but they can get bent and they don't always lay flat. I didn't like having to worry if one side of my collar was not in the same shape and place as the other side.

Let's face it, if you are going to put on a suit coat and a nice dress shirt you want to look nice and you obviously care about your appearance. These metal stays make your shirt and collar look sharp and first class. I put together a short video to show what they look like and what's in the package. I rated them at 5 stars.

I was supplied with a sample for test and evaluation and I promised a fair and honest review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Actually a little disappointed., January 3, 2013
This review is from: SHARKK® Set Of 24 Metal Stainless Steel Collar Stays 4 Size Options For Dress Shirts (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect collection of collar stays, March 18, 2013
This set of collar stays is everything you could possibly want in collar stays (also known as collar bones, sticks, tabs, and knuckles). The handy assortment of four different sizes assures a stay for every occasion and every taste. All 24 tabs come wrapped in soft, clear plastic and are housed inside of the smart, sturdy plastic SHARKK box shown in the photo. The stainless steel insures they won't warp or bend or wear out anytime in the present lifetime of the user. You just can't go wrong with the SHARKK collar stays. My one caveat is that if you prefer a little flexibility in your collars, you may feel just a tad bit constricted by the rigidity these snazzy support implements afford. But if the more staid look and feel of the stiff and stalwart old school is your preference, then you will be in collar-heaven. You can pay far more for similar products elsewhere, but you'll not get a finer set of stays at any price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 7, 2013
TheCloudX (Nacogdoches, TX) - See all my reviews
I finally got tired of wearing the cheap plastic freebies that came with my dress shirts. Doing a quick search on Amazon really surprised me. For something so basic, there are a lot of options. To be honest, I chose this one due to its price and prime shipping. The package is a simple clear flimsy plastic box, but really that's not an issue. The collar stays are nice, I didn't notice any defect and have a good weight to them. They do the job required of them, and make the appearance of dress shirts look like actual dress shirts. Very pleased with the purchase, and honestly, I can't figure out why anyone would spend more than this on a simple product. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better than plastic...maybe, December 31, 2012
Nice alternative to plastic stays however the edges are somewhat sharper than other stainless stell stays I have. I am slightly concerned that over time they will wear the collar from taking them in and out because of these sharp edges. Not sure if I'll use or not. For the price its impossible to return and get any money back. These stays are concave on one side, this is the side where the edges are sharp. I suppose I could finish the product by filing the sharp/rough edges off with a file, but really should I have too?

No problems with shipping, they arrived as stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 3, 2014
This product was exactly what I hoped it would be. I was tired of standard plastic collar stays that come with most shirts. However I was reluctant to purchase metal stays as the pricing I had seen tended to be too high. I stumbled across these while doing my holiday shopping and the pricing seems very reasonable. I gave them a try and I am very happy I did! My pile of old plastic stays is not long gone and replaced with this neat little plastic case on my dresser valet. They work perfectly and for a very reasonable price.

Note: I purchases the mixed size set as I own a variety of shirt brands and styles. I am happy with the selection of sizes and I use most of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, July 18, 2013
Nicholas Morphis (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
The plastic ones that come with the shirts were getting broken and bent and cracked so I tried these. They are much better at keeping the collar firm and more importantly they last so I don't have to buy new ones every few months. The only downside is that I have to take them out of my bag and put them in the bin every time I go through security at the airport or else they want to search your bag. They are very sturdy and I haven't been able to bed one yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, May 24, 2013
jeffrey morrell (Northfield, IL United States) - See all my reviews
These are inexpensive stays so my expectations weren't very high. They feel very cheap and chincy, but they work very well. A large assortment of sizes, and they bend with the proper force; they won't bend inadvertantly, which is nice. So they work well and come in a lot of sizes...that's my review I guess.

When I inevitably run out I will be ordering more! I always leave them in my shirts when they go to the cleaners...

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy product at a great price, April 29, 2013
Adam Jeffrey (St. Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
The package includes four of the most common sizes, they are well made, and they even include a convenient case to keep them organized!

Rate and Discover Movies