Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Customer Discussions > Physical Graffiti forum

SHM-CDs sound excellent!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2008 8:25:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2008 9:40:24 AM PDT
RegF says:
I already own 14 of these SHM-CDs and they all sound fantastic.
This is not a gimmick or another rip off. They say that they are using 1994 remastering , but , they are using the 2003 / 2005 warner / japan paper sleeves versions , as their base.

This is now the best sound for CDs out there. As good as , SACD , HDCD and / or MOFI.

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 2:54:16 AM PDT
John McQ says:
I'd lost my SHM of this, but desperately needed to hear the album, so I downloaded the MP3 from Amazon, and well, if you consider yourself any kind of audiophile, MP3's of this type of music are offensively limited in their sound quality. Why is there not a downloadable version that can match the sound of a SHM-CD? So far the only thing that comes close is a .WAV file. MP3's are like listening to it on a Mattel close + play toy record player. It's an absolute sin!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2013 4:58:09 AM PDT
hugh parker says:
John, I agree completely. MP3 is the equivalent to the 8-track. I wish the studios would give us the actual studio versions, like Pink Floyd and S. Dan tried to do. And some others. My son, who thinks he's a guitarist but does not know anything about Hendrix, listens to MP3 and says it is great. I am grossed out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Physical Graffiti forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Physical Graffiti
Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin (Audio CD - 1994)
4.7 out of 5 stars (958)