Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 20, 2011
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!
This product is NOT what is pictured or what is described. Instead of 500 lights there are only 100. And instead of an 18 foot long trail the trail is only 4 feet long. It is very disappointing and the response I received from the seller is that the star I received was the only one that they had. What a rip off !!!!!!!
22 comments|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2011
The shooting star only has a 4 foot tail. The picture is highly deceiving. I'm not sure how to hang the star yet since our trees are more than 4 ft apart. Perhaps take single strand lights and hook them to the star... however the star is the size of a small laptop computer and is made out of plastic, therefore I am not sure if it will hold the weight. I bought 3 stars and will probably spend a few hours and $40 more to make them half what is presented in the picture. Huge disappointment.
11 comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
Buyer Beware! The listing pictures show the "Martha Stewart" star however, this is a cheap knock off. Pictures are deceptive as they show the "real" product as well as the version you will receive. Product is smaller, with considerably fewer lights. "Tails" are short with only 16 lights. Go with Gardin.com for ordering the original Martha stewart star.
11 comment|134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
The photo makes this item look like it has some size, and 'wow' factor, to it. The star is only 16 inches wide, and longest tail is only a yard! I was literally stunned when I opened the box today! The trees in this photo must be like 12 inches from each other. What arrived was not at all what's pictured. And, not worth the price, I even paid for shipping- as I felt it would solve a problem in my outdoor display. If it was $10 or so, I'd keep it. I think it's going back!
on July 11, 2012
Very unhappy with this purchase. It's poorly made and very small. Not as pictured. The strands are really really short. I returned the item for a refund.
on November 28, 2012
The item is nothing like what is pictured. It is cheap, small and looks nothing like the picture. VERY disappointing.
on December 27, 2011
The picture of the product is not what you recieve, you get a cheap plastic star with no long train of lights..huge disapointment for me and way over priced.
on December 3, 2012
I just recieved this about 10 minutes ago and was very exited (my son really wanted it). This is super cheesy!! There is a plastic star that looks nice enough, then then only three strands of lights coming off it. 47", 54" and 47" (I measured). No way is this worth $40 (maybe $10)! I am returning it now. What a waste of my time, I should have listened to the other reviews.
on December 6, 2012
Sorry you all had this problem. We too wanted the "Martha Stewart" looking star. We made our own. We cut boards to our own size that worked for us. If you don't have that ability then you could use 1" lath strips from your local lumber yard, Menards, Lowes, etc. 48" star, 2 runs around the star with the lights gently stapled down, and then sent the extra down for the first tail. Connected the next string of lights to the first, went the length we needed/wanted and then headed back up to the star for the second tail. Tie wrapped the string to the star and headed back down for the third tail, did this for 5 tails. We have lots of trees but none were where we wanted them or the length of tail we wanted. So we pounded a "T" post metal fence post in the ground where we wanted it for the right length tails. It wasn't as tall as we wanted so we cut a 1" X 1" pc of wood and held it to the T post with ball bungee cords. You could probably use a lath strip here too. Any light in the tail that make the turn to go back to the star for the next tail will leave lights going from one tail to the next on the fence post. We covered these with black electrical tape so they would not show up. Just thought we would share our project to help you save your plans for wanting a nice shooting star. Tried to add a picture but couldn't get it to work.
on October 20, 2013
I bought this last year amid all the reviews and put it on my roof top...looked awful ...just awful... so I moved it and put it on the wall of the house
it looked pretty good so I left it there... people liked it... it is way smaller than you can imagine...not what you think it is... if they reduced the
price to 9.99 then it would be a deal... don't pay the 29.99 price... you will be disappointed... trust me ...it is cheap looking but it is bright if
you put it in a darken corner ...the tail is so short and they make it look long in which its not... so don't be fooled in buying this... wait till the price drops to 9.99