Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SHURFLO (255-213) 1/2" Twist-On Pipe Strainer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 1/2 Inch|Change
Price:$7.65+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 7, 2012
I used this strainer on a Fema trailer I purchased for my hunting camp. The water we use for the shower and sinks comes from a cattle tank well and sometimes gets sandy and blocks the shower heads.

This little jewel was installed in about 5 minutes behind my Shurflo pump and that was the end to my sand problem. To clean it takes 20 seconds and you are done for several trips.

Worth the cost!
on June 8, 2013
Was given a rather large plant/weed sprayer for my back yard that uses a mobile home pump and a pre-filter (which leaked). While perusing Amazon up popped this filter which while smaller in size fits the needs and is nice and compact with a clear bowl to see when it needs cleaning. Has 1/2 inch pipe fittings, one female one male , to connect to.
on April 7, 2010
The item received is NOT the old model in the picture, i.e. an in-line unit of white or translucent plastic. It is a new black unit, in the more traditional "T" shaped style. I found that the strainer section had to be upright for the pump to take a suction, and this is not addressed in the installation instructions.
on June 13, 2008
This is a replacement for "Shurflo's" 170-060-09 series, and the new design is vastly superior--- this new design is much easier to open and clean.
on February 15, 2016
The Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 4.8 x 6.2 inches ; 3.2 ounces for the Shurflo (255-313) 1/2" twist on pipe strainer is true to the dimensions. For me this little strainer fits in the palm of my hand. I hooked it to my electric tankless water heater, and it does its job well. The moment I hooked it up, it started working collecting small particles out of the water before it gets to the water heater. From what I see now is that it is a great unit, I would recommend the strainer.

The only thing I would advise if there is a lot of sediment in your source water you would need a bigger strainer, as I stated this one fits in the palm of my hand for me it's perfect for my purpose
on June 19, 2013
This was just what I was looking for. It works great for our rain water barrels for watering our plants. Just hooked it in line before the small pump to keep from clogging it. It comes apart easily for cleaning.
on April 22, 2015
Wish I'd bought this several dozen showers ago....my stock pump filter got clogged almost every other shower I took in my RV. It was a huge PITA to remove since you had to remove the entire filter and fitting.

This filter is soooo much easier to remove! Someone was complaining that they thought the filter design was poorly engineered. At first glance, I'd agree, but after using it a lot, it works great at filtering dirt and debris from the pump.

MUST BE INSTALLED LEVEL or it won't work. Didn't mention that in any of the advertising or included materials.
on March 19, 2016
Fits perfectly on my Shurflo pump. The filter is made to last and the body is constructed soundly. If you have a high end Shurflo pump this filter is a good way to protect your pump investment from getting gummed up.
on May 29, 2016
Disappointed that the male threads don't go to the end, preventing you from screwing the unit into a standard pipe connector. There is about a 1/16" lip past the end of the threads that prevents it.
review image
on July 25, 2016
Was having constant problems from calcium buildup sediment plugging my shower heads (in an older house). Tried a number of things until I came across these. Fit right inline with the shower pipe and shower head hose and works like a dream! Very easy to open and clean too. The mesh size is perfect for stopping the sediment.

For those interested, this has 1/2in threaded fittings, female on the inlet, male on the outlet. They are STRAIGHT threads (ie NOT tapered like a standard pipe). What this means is that they rely on a gasket to seal rather than the threads. Although you can add thread sealant or teflon tape until you're blue in the face, that likely won't prevent leaks in the long run. I added my own rubber washer to the inlet side (get at any hardware store) to seal against the shower pipe. My shower head hose already had its own gasket. Using this approach, it seals fine with no leaks.

Side note is that these had a label on them indicating 'suction side only' as they seem to be intended for the inlet side of those ubiquitous 12V water pumps for RVs and such. Also, not necessarily rated for hot water. However I went ahead and used them anyway as I've used similar items before on pressurized lines. Just be sure to install downstream of any and all valves. The pressure these will see just upstream of a shower head is probably not an issue nor is water temperature that is below the scalding temp of the body.