4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to
This box does exactly what it says it will. no more no less. We used this platform for our monitoring service and so far so good.
Published 20 months ago by Carol Sedam

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited Linux support (gfx)
I bought this to use as a home media PC. The proprietary gfx drivers are required, but have limited functionality. Driver requirements include: 32 bit Linux install, outdated X11 libraries.
I will need to accomplish further research to find a quiet barebone system which will meet my needs.
Published 22 months ago by Frank W Welton

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited Linux support (gfx), April 22, 2013
This review is from: SHUTTLE Intel Atom D2700 2.13GHz Intel NM10/ A and V and GbE/ 40W Slim PC Barebone System, Black XS35V3 (Personal Computers)

2.0 out of 5 stars No video driver for 64 bit Windows, June 8, 2013
Update: Buy the Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190. By the time you add Windows, a hard drive, memory and an optical drive it is cheaper than this unit and the Celeron processor, even clocked at a lower speed, seems to smoke the Atom processor. I have an SSD in this computer and the Lenovo Q190 is still faster.

Original review: Iam a computer enthusiast and have built many computers prior to this (and from scratch, too, not with the processor and motherboard already paired). I have never had as much trouble setting up a new machine. Ultimately I had to find a download for 32 bit Win7 and start over from scratch to get the proper video driver installed.

I was also unable to find the right size DVD drive to fit in this bay. It is smaller than a full desktop, but larger than a laptop bay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to, June 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Like However..., February 13, 2013
S. Shotack "Steven" (Merced, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I really like the unit, however there is something to keep in mind. The tech in it doesn't allow for installation of win xp or lower. I bought the win 8 update to use on the unit. I was going to install xp then upgrade to win 8. No luck. Best I can see at this time is I'll need to either buy the full version of win 7 or win 8. I have been able to clean install win 8 but can't register windows as it's the upgrade version and it can't find previous win 7 or lower OS on the system. What I have seen without registering is good though.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Windows 8 support is a deal killer., December 24, 2012
Intel GMA Graphics do not support Microsoft Windows 8. It works great as a Media Center PC running Windows 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little form factor barebone pc, January 5, 2013
I've rated 5 star because for it's class and price it does perform well, don't compare it against high end pc's or gaming riggs, altough you can use it well as htpc along with your flart screen tv, which I do. It arrived as described, and I have build it the next day by adding inexpensive 60GB SDD SATA III by OCZ, stick in it 4GB DDR3 laptop memory by PNY, also a low profile SATA multy DVD-R/RW optical drive, all very easy to install, easy inside access to the little case by removing the 2 side pannels, it comes with external power supply just like the laptops have, got plenty of usb ports, SD card reader, HDMI port, for networking has LAN port and build in wireless adapter, did install also an inexpensive bluetooth adapter, installed Windows 7 Proffessional edition 32 BIT version, did all the updates, trow at it lots of productivity and other usefull software and...let me tell you: boy this little baby does perform more than what I've told could do. I did retrofit it in the back of my big flat screen tv with easy access to the optical drive, did install wireless keyboard and mouse and I sit on my couch browsing internet wirelessly, streaming videos or doing paperwork, also Skyping with my familly and friends(did install a powerfull little camera right on the frame of the tv)....I'm really impressed! You can also install on it the new Win 8 and attach it in the back of the new touch screen monitors that you can find now more accessible and themarket as the $ goes down. Highly recommended for tight office space and dorms or little appartments. Still can play some graphical games like arcades, or board games and so forth, not the high end with lot of video demand games. Over all a very affordable, inexpensive alternative for budget desktop pc!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 19, 2014