Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SIG Sauer SP2022 HPA Series airsoft gun
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 21, 2010
Read my review and it should help you make an INFORMED decision about purchasing the Sig Sauer SP2022 Spring pistol.

Value for Price: Good (depends on where you got it)
Quality: Very Good
Accuracy: Excellent
Appearance: Very Good
Form vs. Function: Very Good
Cons: Little metal, safety and slide release, hard to cock

This spring operated firearm is Kick A$$ accurate... not quite a tack driver but I consistantly hit my paper in the 9-10 rings using stock sights (no laser). NO FLYERS. I'm using .20 gram polished BB's.

It's a little light since it doesn't have a metal slide like its Co2 brother. There's added weight with the stock mag installed... but the extra mag (purchased separately) is heavier and more durable feeling than the stock one. Only one mag comes with this gun.

It is field stripable (may void warranty) just like the real steel and the slide lock DOES work (mine was initially stuck until I took the gun apart). The slide lock and safety seem to be the only vulnerable plastic parts. I've heard of others breaking theirs (in other reviews). I wouldn't squeeze the trigger (too hard) with the safety on. If you don't abuse them and be careful when you holster it, it should last for years. The safety is a little sharp on the edge.

It is a little difficult to cycle (cock) the slide since it's made of plastic and the serrated edges are somewhat smooth, unlike the real steel. I tend not to use them in favor of another (not recommended for those not knowing what they're doing) method that entails "sweeping" the muzzle and pushing... not pulling. I do this ONLY with springers... NEVER with CO2 or real steel! KEEP YOUR FINGER AWAY FROM THE TRIGGER ALWAYS WHEN CYCLING THE SLIDE! BTW, I'm almost 60 and I know what I'm doing... so don't preach to me. I have a bad shoulder and arm, hence I needed to find a stressless way to cock (all) springers!

If you release the drop free mag that's not empty, it'll also drop out a loose BB or 2. Also, if you depress the top part of the mag (behind the BB hole), you'll release a stream of BB's. I did this a couple times inserting the full mag into a belt mag pouch until I caught on.

Overall, I give this firearm a 4 star. If it had more metal (slide, slide release, safety, hammer), it would deserve a 5 (instead of a 3 for that category). Its accuracy is a 5 star (even with the slight trigger creep) making this weapon a gr8 buy.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
This is my first airsoft gun so I obviously don't have experience with any others, but seeing the other reviews I wanted to emphasize a few things. When I first tried it using the pellets that came with the gun, the first few shot fine, but then the gun started to jam consistently. It still jammed occasionally with .20g pellets I purchased separately. Then I realized that the slide seems to require a fairly firm release--no limp wrists here (not unlike a real Sig-I have a P220-but a real Sig is semi-auto so you don't need to do it for every shot). The slide spring is fairly stiff, so this can be a little difficult to do, but once you get the hang of it, with a firm slide and release it seems to be working consistently. The accuracy is amazing, though, just like you'd expect from Sig Sauer. Quite honestly, I purchasesd a Sig-branded model because I figured if Sig would let their name be used, it must be good.

4 for execution
5 for accuracy

I wish I could give it a 4.5.
on January 5, 2011
(I am a guy, this is my moms account:)This is an experienced airsofters review. this is a very nice spring pistol, it has very good accuracy and no wild shots. I would advise you to use only .20g pellets with this gun, and the ad says the mag can hold 25 rounds...well it can hold the rounds, but the gun will jam a lot. I would recommend only putting about 15 rounds in the mag which is a good amount. this gun is easy to cock, realistic and very accurate, excellent side arm.
on May 14, 2010
Sorry I purchased ,should have purchased the CO2 model. The slide is hard to engage,constant jams, a pain to use with plastic BB's that came with unit. I will try the .2g BB's to see if the jam problem is corrected. If not I will trash it.

I have used the .2gram BB since my initial review, what a difference with the jamming problem,a real pleasure to shoot. I will stay with my pistol.I would recommend this item.
on June 22, 2010
this gun is awesome it was one of my first airsoft gun.it jams a bit but thats nothing i couldnt handle.it works great its an awesome pistol
on June 3, 2013
This is a great gun. I have only Jammed it once but it was easily unjammed. It is a powerful gun but kinda hard to cock. I highly recommend this gun for airsofters.
on April 10, 2013
Works great, great weight to it, and very accurate. Only problem with it is that the slide lock back when the clip is empty doesn't work too well.
on August 22, 2013
This gun had a lot more power than expected. It has also been quite durable and is made of heavy duty plastic with metal and plastic insides.
on October 15, 2010
This gun is PERFECT, it is realistic in almost every aspect, powerfull, and has alot of acuracy.
on November 7, 2014
I got this mainly to just carry in a holster for looks but it's not a bad spring gun.