Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on January 15, 2012
I love Real Simple. It's easily my favorite magazine, and it gives me hope that even I have an organizing, well dressed, crafty wonder goddess in me somewhere. I love that it helps me simplify my life. Each month I will eagerly await new issues, and will drop whatever plans I have to get lost in its pages.

What I don't love is the aftermath: stacks of well worn magazines scattered across my apartment. Even my best intentions are lost under these coffee stained passports to my organizational past. When my husband and I got a Kindle Fire for the holidays, I thought it could be the answer to my clutter woes. Unfortunately, Real Simple did very little to help my situation. What is simple about having to be a print subscriber in order to get e-reader content? It seems counter intuitive and against the purpose of the magazine. I'm definitely holding off until this is fixed.
1212 comments|480 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Amazon customer, digital subscriptions for REAL SIMPLE Magazine are now available on Kindle Fire, and can be purchased from within the app.
on December 14, 2011
First let me say that this app is very nice in the way it looks, feels, operates, etc. My only real issue with the app itself is that I wish there were a way to bookmark ... or that at the very least, whenever I opened the app it would open at whatever page I left off. As it is, it always opens at the first page of the magazine, and then I have to scroll through the mini-pages to try to figure out where I left off reading; this is very annoying. I e-mailed the magazine's customer service about it, but got no response.

However, my real problem with this is the fact that, in order to get it, I also have to be a print subscriber. I am extremely disappointed with this. For me, the whole point of getting magazines electronically is that I don't WANT to receive the printed magazine anymore. I am a person who never reads an issue of a magazine a second time, and for the past several years I have been anxiously awaiting some way to read this magazine electronically ... because tossing the issues of this very large-sized magazine when I'm done with them seems like a HUGE waste, and I live in an area where recycling them is difficult at best. It is my favorite magazine, though, so I have subscribed for probably the past ten years.

So ... I was elated when I learned I could read it on my Kindle Fire and be done with all that. But, not so fast ... I then learned, of course, that the only way I could access it on the Fire was by keeping my print subscription. HUH??? That's exactly what I am trying to get away from!! I am even willing to pay exactly the same price for the app as I do for the print subscription ... I just don't want to actually RECEIVE the print subscription. I wish there were a way to get the app, pay the same for it as the print subscription yet opt out of the print subscription, but ... no; can't be done.

I also e-mailed customer service about this issue but have not received a response on it either.

Bottom line: love the app; hate having to keep the print magazine. So, I can only give it two stars at this time.
1717 comments|543 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
this was the magazine I was looking forward to downloading on my Fire. How stupid and wasteful to have to purchase a paper version. Real Simple...I hope you listen to your readers.
0Comment|251 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
The Real Simple app is so frustrating to use that I want to pull my hair out when the latest issue arrives. It is so poorly done...!! Examples: if I want to open my subscription's app it is virtually impossible...then when it FINALLY opens (after following the instructions numerous times to no avail) and I read several pages--get this one--I get to a link in the article, click on it, get sent to their web page which contains follow-up links THAT SAY "page not found"!! They aren't finished torturing me yet, though...because as I attempt to go back to the page in my Kindle Fire app this insane thing sends me back to the cover rather than the page I was on--or worse--all the way back to the "subscribe here" page!!! Its a terrific magazine but I soooo wish I didn't put it on my Kindle. I plan on sticking with my paper copy from now on. If I could give this app minus stars I would.
on January 28, 2012
I don't want paper magazine in the mail!! just give the app!!!!! the whole point of the kindle is to go digital!
on June 20, 2012
Tell me why a customer can not choose to purchase "Real simple " for the kindle fire unless you purchase the paper. Version? I SERIOUSLY DO NOT NEED TWO COPIES! Very disappointed in a magazine that is all about decluttering you life and living simple.
on May 3, 2012
I was looking forward to getting this magazine on my kindle. I was annoyed that you had to get the printed version to get the app but I subscribed anyway. The app does not work at all. I have installed, uninstalled, tried everything. For a magazine titled "Real Simple" they sure made this more complicated than it needs to be. Fix the app!!
on July 10, 2012
I also had considerable problems getting the app set up, but got MUCH faster help by calling than by email.

Tip 1: Call customer service (877-747-1048) and ask to be transferred to tablet tech support. In my experience, this meant much less time on hold.
Tip 2: My email address had been entered in their system when I subscribed to the paper edition... in all caps. Crazy, I know, but the system is case sensitive so it made all the difference in the world.

Now that the app is running and I've lived with a couple of issues... It's a nicely designed app, clean and easy to navigate. I would expect nothing less from RS.

I also agree with the sentiment that the print subscription should NOT be required. Especially since the app is so smooth, it could easily replace all that paper and still expose plenty of readers to their content and advertisers. What could be more "simple"?
on December 22, 2012
I spent 3 hours trying to get the application to work on my kindle and it just kept taking me to the entry website over and over and I even shut down my kindle 3 times to try and clear the buffer. I have been wanting to convert all my magazines to my kindle to clean up some of the clutter in my house and this application is horrible. It's impossible to use and I'm going to try and un-install it so I don't have to deal with it.
on September 3, 2012
No matter what I do, I can't get the Real Simple app to work on my Kindle Fire. I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, double checking my print subscription log in, no luck. This is a lousy app and I can't find any help on the Real Simple site.