Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SINGER 2250 Tradition Basic 10-Stitch Sewing Machine
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 23, 2014
The negative reviews on this machine may be from users who are not familiar with it or failed to adjust it properly. I bought it initially as a gift for my kids, but have used it for years without any problems. I am wrapping up a very large project that has required me to use 14 spools of 500 yard thread so far. That's nearly 4 miles of thread, all in about 6 weeks, all with this little gem. I'm sure it will keep humming along for many years to come.
on March 28, 2011
I'm not a great or experienced seamstress, so when the bobbin kept jamming, I assumed it was something I was doing wrong-- nope. I had several friends over (one is a costume designer, for pete's sake), and they all agreed that everything was threaded properly and that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I've had it for just over a year and have only used it for a few projects. Then, this past weekend, it up and died on me. It was working okay-- just the occasional bobbin jam that I have gotten REALLY good at fixing, and then the motor basically gave out. I took it in to a repair shop, and they told me that they see this model ALL THE TIME because it's often on sale at Target and it prone to all kinds of breakdowns. Bottom line: a gear was broken and it would cost more than the machine was worth to fix it. So I traded it in and got a machine that won't make every sewing project a total stress-fest. Yay?

I'm just sorry I wasted so much time and emotional energy (and the initial investment in this machine!) before buying one that actually WORKS.
on January 19, 2015
Bought this from Joann's about two years ago and it has been a problem ever since. The bobbin jams constantly despite adjusting tension, thread types, speed, etc. I was working with it last night and everything was actually going well until it just stopped cold. I checked the bobbin first but nothing was jammed. Hubby took the whole thing apart to find that the bearing inside had broken. I would have expected better from Singer, even for a beginner's machine.
on February 17, 2014
This was the first machine I bought. I am a budding quilter and have moved on to a more versatile machine, but I love this one. I hate seeing it get low ratings for the problems with tension. As other fans have said though too, all it takes is reading the instructions or watching the DVD and you are good to go. Learning to work and adjust the tension is an important skill anyways especially when you change stitchings or work with various types of fabrics.
This machine and I have been through a lot and it has held up very well! I'm holding on to it for my daughter to learn on.
on February 28, 2013
I've had my singer for about a month now and I have had no trouble with it whatsoever! Of course, I've had to make many, many adjustments to it to accommodate the fabric and sewing style for each item. The adjustments took me a long time to sort out at first but once I'd got a feel for the machine it just became second nature.

So far I have made two men's 3 piece suits, 4 pairs of jeans, 2 ladies trousers, a skirt, 4 kilts, one dress, 2 ladies tops, and now I'm working on another suit. I can't believe how quickly I can make clothes from this machine; what would have taken me an hour on my old Easy stitch machine now takes 15 minutes it's just so fast and easy to use. I can go from zero to fully set up in about 5 minutes (including setting up the table).

I really love my Singer and it's sad to see that so many people have had problems with it. If you do experience problems it is worth persevering with them and maybe even consult a seamstress who can advise you to a solution. If you're a novice to sewing it's always handy to have someone whom you can talk with about any aspect of clothes making and repairs.
on March 26, 2013
I am struggling to finish my first project. This machine worked well (brand new!!) but it suddenly started to jam and huge series of knots appeared behind the fabric... I tried to change the tension, tighten the screw on the bobbin, used a full bobbin... I'm afraid this has just left me very frustrated and dissapointed. Threading again and again and again for 10 stitches and then huge knots is not worth the trouble. I'd sew faster by hand.
The needle gets stuck in the machine, through the fabric. My quilt isn't looking its best, I am amazed I've actually managed to sew it together. Unfortunately, I'll have to finish it by hand because I just want to CRY when I look at this sewing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on April 7, 2014
I'll admit I know next to nothing about sewing machines and this was given to me as a gift. I watched the DVD, read all the instructions, researched online when I didn't understand the lingo and was able to make it work.

I had some issues at first with it jamming as others report. This was due to me not threading the bobbin properly. I went back, watched the videos again and figured out what I was doing wrong. I also adjusted the tension according to the instructions. I don't know if that made a difference or not.

I can say that I've made my first costume cloak from a simplicity pattern and it was fun and I learned a lot. I had no issues with this sewing machine. I used the needles that came with it and it had to work hard punching through 5 pieces of fabric but it pulled through like a champ.

I'd recommend this machine to others looking to start out. I can honestly say though, if you know nothing about sewing machines find someone to help or find a local class. I've heard good things about Singer support but so far haven't needed to call.
on December 14, 2014
Singer machine worked well for about 5 minutes, and then the bobbin assembly jams within about 30 seconds of use.
Needle threader is worthless, doesn't work and is just a big frustration.
Actually the whole machine is a big frustration.

Not suitable for beginners, or experienced sewers.
Perhaps the worst piece of sewing equipment I have ever owned in over 40 years of sewing.
I liked the white color and nice lines, but it simply does not work.
on October 15, 2015
Bought this machine at a local craft store because it was cheap and had the basic stitches I needed. When I got it back in April things were good for a while. It was smooth and ran well for the first month and has been nothing but trouble ever since. The machine regularly decides not to work at all, even after a good cleaning of the inside to remove lint and stray thread. When it does work it is now shaky and extremely loud. Having had several other machines work fine for years I feel comfortable saying that this machine is not at all worth the money. Fine if you're learning, but if you plan to use this machine for anything else I suggest paying more for something that will be reliable.
on June 8, 2010
I bought this machine for the various stitches. I'm an intermediate sewer. So help me God, this piece of crap won't allow you to make a four sided square PILLOW without the bobbin jamming every 10 stitches or so. There's no way you will be able to make anything with curved sides or fancy stitches. It can't make a short STRAIGHT stitch without jamming. I ended up having to put it away and go and plug in my 12 year old NON-SINGER machine which finished the job with no problem at all.

And that stupid sideways thread holder at the top only means the thread unwinds too fast.