5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy - A great update
I can't really say enough good things about this machine. I inherited my first sewing machine from my mother-in-law, an old manual workhorse Kenmore from 1981 that still sews really well. I wanted to get an all-electronic machine mainly for the pre-programmed settings and updated threading system.

Like most electronic machines, this one is pretty easy to use...
Published on January 8, 2009 by Budget Betty

1.0 out of 5 stars ugly, wall-eyed buttonholes
Sews okay, although the foot feed is very sticky - that is, it won't go and won't go and then suddenly takes off like a goosed horse. Has several features I don't like much: needle ends stitch in "up" position which makes it hard to pivot; reverse lever is in a different spot than any other machine I have ever seen or used; "decorative" stitches aren't particularly good...
Published on May 27, 2008 by Molly A. Dauster

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, June 9, 2008
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
This machine is very good for the money. I have had no problems with it whatsoever. Very easy to use right out of the box, everything works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, I LOVE IT, June 26, 2007
Ramona Brobst (Norwalk, CA. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I have a Singer that I bought in the late sixties. But I wanted to get one with more features than Zig Zag!!! This Sewing Machine was easy to thread and runs so smooth, not to loud and the stitches are great. The price was also great for all that it does. Now I can sew up some really cute little clothes for my two new Grand-Daughters and new Great-Grand-Daughter all under 6 mos. old. This Machine will make it all fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, November 6, 2006
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I haven't used alot of the features yet but this seems to be a pretty good machine for the price. I really like the drop in bobbin. I was glad to see it has an automatic needle threader but I'm having trouble getting that to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars I, January 7, 2013
I love it great product A + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ +

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but trouble, October 15, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
This machine has been nothing but a headache from the day it came out of the box. Defective out of the box and has had chronic issues with the tension set up. It isn't capable of sewing an entire project without ending up in the repair shop. Singer refused to stand behind their product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It sews... I guess, July 12, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I have one of these machines. It works for the most part... It doesn't like sewing through more than 3 layers of almost any fabric and makes a loud knocking sound when it is being taxed. I expect this machine will not last long.

It has an incredibly terrible reverse function. Its a button located to the upper right of the needle. It is annoying because it always sews one stich forward and then starts going backwards instead of just sewing backwards. Also the computerized-ness of it is annoying if you are sewing backwards and stop and then decide you want to sew backwards a little further it will not let you. Pressing the button will do nothing until you sew forward again.

If I was buying another machine I would either buy a nice vintage machine or at least another brand (juki most likely), possibly with metal gears and no computer inside.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible threader, February 29, 2012
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I bought this for the self-threading feature, don't bother. I got it to work once and didn't even know it. I'd been trying a long time, gave up and went to bed. In the a.m. got up to try some more, asked my husband to have a look. He said it was threaded. Used it till I needed to thread again, still can't get it threaded with feature. The light is worthless and I can't seem to find a position for my own light that helps to see what you're working on. It's a big dissapointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me...., November 4, 2011
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
I have read several reviews stating that this machine is sub-par and that there are serious issues with it....personally I have found that it functions just fine. I have owned this machine for about 4 years and have used it on a regular basis. In the last year I have made probably 20 dresses, 2 quilts, a car seat cover, diaper bag, 8 valances, 2 curtains, etc... and it has rose to the occasion every time. I do agree that the pre-programmed stitches are just o.k. but other than that it is a great machine for the money. I have read several complaints about the needle threading being an issue but I personally just stick the thread in the hole and it all works out just fine. I try not to over complicate it. I know that there are probably much nicer machines out there but they come with much larger price tags. If you are looking for a starter machine I would recommend bypassing the other cheap ones and spend the extra $100 and purchase this one or one equivilant. It is my 3rd machine and it has been the only one that I haven't wanted to throw out of a second story window. So, if you don't have the $500 to spend on a super duper deluxe model machine this one will get the job done with little headache and great results.

4.0 out of 5 stars sewing machine, November 19, 2008
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
Haven't used the machine much yet, but satisfied so far. I have limited sewing skills and ambitions and this machine meets my skill level without too many extra bells and whistles. It is as described in the product listing. The only improvement in the listing I could suggest is a more detailed description of the attachments included. I had to go the manufacturer's site for that and was still not entirely confident that all attachments would be there - they were.

5.0 out of 5 stars Singer Sewing Machine, November 11, 2006
This review is from: SINGER 7442 Electronic Sewing Machine (Kitchen)
It works great and appears to be a quality sewing machine. It is easy

to use and does everything I expect it to to do. I love it.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›