Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SINGER Izek with Automatic Needle Threader
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 6, 2001
I just received the Singer Izek sewing machine, and must tell everyone, that it is well worth the investment. At first, the Nintenedo Gameboy component may seem cumbersome to use, but if you have had any computer use in the past, this should be no problem to learn in two minutes. For those without a computer knowledge, it may take a little longer to learn, but let me tell you, it is well worth it. To get such a high quality electronic sewing machine from Singer at a great price, I am very excited to start getting to work on it. So far, I have made over ten different gifts in the past 3 days. It is not only easy to use, but also fun to work with. From it's high-tech space-age design, to the gameboy component, this machine may look different than the rest, but does much more than any other sewing machine I have seen in its price range.
Their are so many stitches built into the Gameboy program, including embroidery stitches and letters for monogramming, and they are so easy to access. In the matter of 10 minutes I was able to make my dog a bandanna with his name embroidered on the top. This project was actually fun and easy to do.
I would highly recommend this machine to the sewer that is looking to upgrade their machine, but not ready to spend a lot for one. Singer's 150th year anniversary machine definitely is worth the price. You will get more than you hoped for.
55 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2003
I love this machine. It's just like any other machine, except it has the capabilities of expansion. If singer made more "games" for the gameboy, it may be more attractve. The only bad thing about this machine is that when you use regular sized thread spools, you have to put them on the attachment, because they don't fit in the spool pin. I found intersting the two different sewing speeds. So far, I've used this machine for making clothes,costumes, alterations, and curtains. I would not trade this machine for any other. It's really easy to use.:0)
on June 9, 2007
I didn't really know how to sew when I first got this machine 5 years ago, but it is so idiot proof that I have learned to make clothes, dolls, and bags and have never need to take it in for service or anything.
on May 19, 2003
This machine is great and easy to set up and use. I sew alot of home decorating items. The only thing I don't like is that it only has l foot.
If you know where I can purchase more feet for the maching, please let me know. I need a zipper foot to sew the cording on the pillows that I make.
on August 5, 2002
it is soe easy and is very realiable