5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, but with potential modifications., November 16, 2011
This review is from: MENS SIZING Knee High Boots Gothic Combat Boots Steampunk Hardware (Apparel)
I wear a size 14 and these boots are just right.

I tend to modify things that I wear to fit better, I'm a big guy with particular interests so I'm used to it. In particular about these boots, the insoles that come with these boots don't come out, or if they do they don't do it easily. Thick socks are a MUST but that is probably a rule for boots in general, especially over the Achilles tendon which is a fairly big friction point in these shoes and starts the limping.

Just as a tip, soap the zipper to help it glide a little easier. The teeth are rather large and there isn't a lot of give in the zipper, which I would recommend more of in any future incarnations of these boots, but loosening the boots to get the zipper to close will leave them loose and if you have prominent calf muscles the boot laces will be left short or may not even make it all the way up if you use all of the eyelets so skipping every so many might help.

If you order these I really hope they work for you, they've definitely given me some points with my circle. They make an excellent addition to any steam-punk motif.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 14, 2013
These are the best boots ever! My larping friends (mainly, the dwarves) are totally jealous of my outfit, especially my boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years of drooling, October 7, 2014
Its been a minute cents I had knee highs, if your like me then heavy things don't bother you...
But the 1st session with them, because how stiff they are you feel the boots, at about 10 pounds together. but after that you cant tell there their, exapte for the stiffness.
The pakige looked like a dog ate though, I a bit peeved how bad the box was considering that I like to keep the shoe box.
The boot will make you heels sore, but meh, give em a week to break me in and that wont be a problem. steel toe and a zipper on the side by the by...
wish the leather was a tad thicker on the straps and the buckle wasant so stiff.. flimsy looking.. with that in mind I am glad for the zippers. the shoe lace is really nice, the big round fluffy kind that's easy to tie up.
Dame good boots all in all. love em.