Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2016
I like this game, my kids enjoyed playing it too. Relatively inexpensive and was easy for a nine and seven year old to understand and pick up quickly. Probably played 20 separate times before they started to move on to other games which for the relatively inexpensive price of this game is totally fine with me. I was starting to get bored with it after that many games as well. However for 10 bucks 20 separate occasions of family fun time is still a great value and we play it once in a while still.

The best part of this game was that it happened to be aged right for my kids, & I would think older kids as well, with a seven and nine year old often the games are above the seven year olds head or below the 9 year olds so we had fun with this one. It adds to it if you add a little silliness and embrace the brains and zombies and shotguns that are all included on the dice. We may get one of the expansion sets for a future birthday or Christmas if so I will add to this review
on November 12, 2013
This is a quick playing press your luck dice game. It is a great choice for a fast game with a zombie theme.
If you like rolling three dice at a time, this game is for you.
If you like zombie games but don't like long games, this game is for you.
If you like little cardboard cups with zombie pictures, this game is for you.

It is fun with any number of players as long as you don't mind downtime, if you do mind downtime, I recommend no more than five or six.

Strategy tip: If you get a bunch of brains, think about stopping. If you have no brains, keep rolling. Few brains and a couple shots? I say roll again only if you are a ways behind.
on June 16, 2014
This is a rather simple, but engaging game that is a great option for something that is quick and simple to teach. My 9-year old loves to play the more advanced games - however I don't always have the time to play or teach the longer, more complicated games. This simple dice game fills a perfect niche for something that is easy to learn, involves a little strategy and decision-making, and can be played in under 10 minutes. Easily portable, this is a great filler for any situation where you have 5 to 20 minutes to kill. As a bonus, you can make awful zombie noises as you play - what is not to like?
on October 26, 2015
Great push your luck dice game. We really enjoy it, although like all push your luck dice games it can get very frustrating. There may only be 3 red dice in that cup (higher likelihood to be shot) but it seems like I grab them every time. My ONLY complaint about the game is that the plastic cup is quite loud when we shake it up. BUT if the alternative is a cardboard tube, I'll take the plastic cup for more durable storage any day.

We now own a lot of push your luck dice games ("Roll for it!" is fun too Roll For It! (Red Edition)) so I did invest in a felt lined cup and dice tray. So the cup noise isn't an issue with that accessory purchased Felt Lined Professional Dice Cup w/ 5 Dice by Brybelly.
on October 1, 2014
I really don't like Zombies. As a theme, it's not my cup of tea. But I can't deny this is a great game to play while waiting at a restaurant. The dice are high quality and the game play is simple yet engaging. If you're a fan of Farkle or other press your luck style games, then this is a must have for your collection. For $10, this game is well worth the price. However I do fault Steve Jackson games for the cheap presentation of the game. The game was initially released with a cheap cardboard tube dice shaker. Instead of releasing an updated second edition of the game, the company milks their fans with a separate dice bag and now a separate plastic dice shaker (sold separately!). Really?

I also purchased both expansions to the game, however I've not played either. Like the base game, the expansion contain quality dice, but piss for presentation. The game is all about the dice and the dice are well made, but everything else about the presentation is lack luster. That seems to be typical of SJ games.

The instructions included in the game are printed and worded terrible. Better to learn the game from better written sources. As for the variations of this game, Buck Hunter(?), and Dino Hunter, I would recommend buying the original Zombie Dice. The original has the best mix of simplicity and strategy.

Overall I give this a 4 star rating. I want to say it's a solid 5 star for the press your luck dice gamer like myself. It's a great game and they're quality dice, but the minimal presentation of the game really brings it down in over all review.
on February 5, 2014
At first glance, this game might seem like you don't need a brain to play (pun intended). You just roll your dice and win or lose. However, there's a lot more strategy than that. You have to worry about collecting shotguns, which will make you lose all your brains, while still trying to collect as many brains as possible. It's a lot of fun at parties, where you can get a lot of people to play together. If you like Zombies and Dice, then check out Zombie Dice!
on March 31, 2015
The game is wonderful and so fun to play in medium sized groups or even just between a few people. The original carrier isn't the best quality but with the addition of a case, it's much easier to store and carry. Teaching people to play is super simple and quickly done and I can't get enough of it. A great boredom buster and ice breaker.
on August 10, 2012
There's not much depth to Zombie Dice. It takes about 2 minutes to learn and games with my friends typically run about 5 minutes in length. It's fun, but not the kind of game you'd specifically get together with friends or family to play. It's a game you might play while waiting for players who are running late or as a break between more substantial and time-consuming games. Watch the episode of "Tabletop" on YouTube which featured Zombie Dice for a closer look at gameplay.
on January 31, 2014
What a fun game that you can play as soon as you open the package. There is a very small set of rules that are very easy to understand and even very young children can play with minimal help. Great game and one we keep going back to over and over again. Can play with a few people to many people. Games are relatively quick so you don't get bored waiting for it to be over. Highly recommend it.
on March 2, 2016
I have a 4 year old & 8 year old so trying to find a game that interests both of them is difficult. This one does that! Fast paced & fun. Game can be done in 10 minutes or maybe longer if your lucky. I bought small erasers from the dollar store to use as brain markers to help us keep track. Allows for interacting when it isn't your turn too. All 13 dice are kept in sturdy cardboard, short tube with directions & room for extra pieces to use as counters. Would highly recommend.