Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on July 15, 2013
This is a fun game and its pretty simple. Its not a thinking game, and you can win in literally 2 mins or less, depending on how lucky your rolls are. Its good for my 7 yr old and I to play and it also gives her the sense of playing some games, without having to dive into a 30-60 minute board game when no one else is in the mood to play. It'd be better if this included some way to keep score... and I don't mean a piece of paper and a pencil. Something reusable... like a sliding dial that keeps track of the number of brains you have eaten. Its pretty expensive just for some dice, but Steve Jackson games are generally cheap in the sense that they lack score keeping materials in the non-deluxe versions of the games (for example, Munchkin).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2012
I bought this game for a family game night. Played it with my 10 year old son...

-PROS
*Simple game of chance. The rules are simple enough. First to collect 13 brains wins. Get shot 3 times in a turn you lose the brains you collect that turn.
*Nice dice. Very cool looking dice... and has nice weight on it.
*You can make some twists to the rules for extra fun. We added, if you roll 3 brains you get to steal a brain from the top zombie and give it to the lowest, also if you roll 3 runners you lose one of your "eaten" brains because you were running too fast.

-CONS
*Simple game... not a game you are going to play for more than 30 mins.

-CONCLUSION
*I paid $8... fun factor was well worth it. I plan to use it in our next Halloween Party. Imagine watching "The Walking Dead" or zombie flick and every time you see a zombie... you roll the dice to see how many shots, snacks or pee breaks you get...

-NOTE
*When it comes to board games you shouldn't limit yourselves to just the written rules... The fun part of any of these games is when you make it your own...

BRAAAAAIIIINNNSSSSS!!!
on February 3, 2016
I bought this game to play at break time with some co-workers and it's worked out well. It's a fun distraction that you can play with any amount of people you want. Our breaks last 15 minutes and we can usually finish a game or two between 3 or 4 people easily.
on December 29, 2014
It's a very fun game. Our family all play it, from grandparents to granddaughter. It is small enough to travel on vacation. Easy to learn. It has been a surprise to see who in the family was "risky" enough to keep rolling the dice and take a chance.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 18, 2014
Every year I buy silly/useful things for my family Christmas. Obviously these are part of the "silly" items...Niece is a zombie fan.. this seemed like a good choice. She is an adult, but once in awhile, we adults like to have fun. :) It arrived quickly because I have Prime and in good condition. I will update with any issues.
on January 7, 2013
I can't get my mother to play many games, but she couldn't get enough of this one. The fast and simple gameplay coupled with elements of risk, chance, and competition were perfect for her. She doesn't have the patience for longer or more complicated games, but she was happy to play round after round of this.

I've introduced many people to Zombie Dice since I purchased it, and I've yet to find someone who doesn't enjoy it. It's fun to sit around the table and trash talk each other when someone gets an incredibly lucky set of rolls, and then applaud when they risk it all and walk away with nothing. And there's just something about the game that encourages you to play big or go home (it's much more impressive to get 9 brains in a round and lose, than to win by get 2 brains every round.)

I guess my only suggestion is to hold the bottom of the cup while shaking the dice, since if you shake hard enough the bottom can fall out and dice will fly everywhere. Ask me how I know...
on January 26, 2016
Really fun game! It's easy to pick up, small and there's no limit of how many people can play. It's a kind of press your luck game where you decide to stop and keep your points (brains) or risk getting shot for more.
on July 3, 2013
This is a fun, quick and easy game. I played it with my nine year old for the first time, and he immediately understood the rules and strategy. His four year old kid sister likes to "help" by rolling the dice and saying, "Braaaaaaaaaaaains." The dice are well made, and the dice cup (just a cut down poster tube) is sturdy and well sized. The rules are also clearly written and easy to keep with the game.

We usually play for half an hour before the kids are ready for something else, so it makes for a nice short activity any time. My wife loves Zombie Dice as well, and we recently purchased a copy for her brother. Highly recommended.
on October 19, 2015
I'm excited about this game, it's a gift for a friend who really loves zombis, but I only gave it four stars because the clear plastic glued to the cardboard came off of mine in shipping. I had to rip it off even further to put the dice back in their little slots, to make sure all of them were there. I don't know if it was handled improperly, or it wasn't glued very well, I don't know. Taped it all securely, so I could give it as a gift, but it very easily could have made the game very hard to play if the pieces had become missing.
on January 21, 2015
On an episode of Table Top, Wil Wheaton described this dice game as an appetizer or palate cleanser, perfect for a night when you have several longer, more intense games to get through. I heartily agree. This is quick and simple to understand - my whole family enjoyed playing this over the holidays, even my dad and grandma! My roommates and I made this even more fun by telling the stories of our zombies!