Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on April 12, 2012
If you care about your equipment or ease of transport, don't buy this bag.

(Note: I have a Yamaha MO8).

The bag arrived folded in half, and took several days to lose its compressed shape, never quite getting straight. The way the bag is made (to fold for shipping!) leaves it with absolutely NO center-support, hence, it "sags" when you've got your keyboard in there. This means the keyboard really has no support.

The outer walls of the bag are "supported" with cheap balsa wood inserts (that you put in yourself!) This creates the illusion of a sturdy product, but it is not.

The size of the bag makes it difficult to carry by the handles, which are also not placed well for carrying (unless you're 6'2"). The casters are too small to really make a difference except in carpeted situations. If you go over sidewalks, curbs, stairs, etc, try a different product.

The bag's design makes it especially challenging to port the keyboard UP stairs.

No bottom handle for easy loading.

My bag arrived with a manufacturing defect, too: internal seams were not completely sewn together exposing the foam.

Everything about this bag is cheap. If you're someone that hauls out their rig twice a year to the park, this case might work for you.

I would NOT recommend this product.

PRO's:
> Exterior material is hardy. Handles firmly attached.
> Perfectly sized for Yamaha MO8.
> Thick top-padding
> interchangeable interior padding.

CON's:
> cheap materials elsewhere
> casters to small
> bag sags and bows when picked up
> no bottom handle - hard to load
> size makes it hard to carry with weight - could use better placement of handles and better casters.
> bag design has no central support.

IS BLACK **REALLY** THE ONLY COLOR YOU CAN THINK OF?!?!?
on June 22, 2012
This seems like a well made bag, sturdy material on the outside and looks nice, but after only about 4 uses the thing started falling apart on me. First, the material on the handle side of the case completely ripped out, and then the next day the zipper broke, too. The inside material is really flimsy as well.

I don't have a very heavy keyboard and I shudder to think what would happen if I did. This is going back! Very disappointed.
on October 21, 2010
The case itself seemed good enough - folded, plenty of extra padding included, pretty good build. However, my 88 key keyboard (Yamaha Motif XF8) simply does not fit in it.

I tried several times, and was barely, barely able to squeeze it in. The edges of the keyboard were visibly sticking out against the case, and in order to even jam the keyboard in there, it was necessary to take the padding on the wheels out, so that the keyboard was riding directly on top of the wheels.

This would not have been an issue, except that the SKB website for this case says that it fits the Yamaha Motif ES8, listed there as 57.375". However, it doesn't fit my Motif XF8, which is listed as smaller than the ES8 (56.625")!

So, I returned the case.

Conclusion: if your keyboard is a few inches smaller than a Motif, great, this case is a cost-effective way to get padded protection, and it comes with lots of extra pads to help secure smaller boards. But don't try it with a Motif, as you'll be just as paranoid carrying it around in the case as you would be on its own.
on December 16, 2014
PROS:
- It is very well padded. Has thick padding in the the bottom, sides, and cover. Also comes with a few removable pieces of padding inside to accommodate larger keyboards (I use a Roland Fantom which is bigger than most keyboards, but also a Kawaii Stage Piano for smaller gigs)
- It has ample pocket space for wires, pedals, direct box, etc...
- It has a very sturdy strap and you can wear over the shoulder like a messenger bag, and drag the bag behind you, so its kind of like wearing a backpack and the keyboard wheels behind you.
- Rollerskate wheels that so far have been sturdy
- Has strong plastic track on the bottom, makes loading in and out of my SUV easy

CONS:
- Less than a month after I started using it, I noticed that some of the stitching is starting to rip.
- The zipper pocket on the front has three compartments but 1 long zipper, the "stitching" that separates the three compartments pulled out pretty quickly. (the pocket still works just fine, its just one long pocket now)
- Its probably not going to last much longer

BOTTOM LINE:

It's a fine keyboard case. I gig pretty much every week, and wanted a soft case, since some hard cases weigh more than the keyboard. I probably beat this case up more than it was designed for, but almost 1 year in, its still in decent, not great, shape.

I'm in the market now for a new case, since I'm pretty sure this wont last much longer, but as I said I use it A LOT. Once I get a new case, this one will be used in storage (I have a total of 5 88-key keyboards) so this one will become a cover for one of my ones in my storage locker, and that will be just fine. Still usable enough when I need too.

If you are going to use this frequently, this is probably not the case for you. If you need something for once in a while transport, then it is perfect, and a decent price.

I wish the case lasted me longer, but I absolutely do not regret my purchase.

February 2015 update:

The keyboard case has gone to the great beyond. it is now in storage covering an old keyboard. The wheels (and wheel housing) is completely destroyed, and the seams are ripping. got only 12 months of use out of it.
on January 20, 2011
Bought this for my Korg M3-88. Didnt want to spend a ton of money as i dont use this M3 as my workhorse when i play but i did want the option to be available. Wanted a soft-case with a tight fit. Called around and confirmed my board would fit in this case and purchased with Amazon Prime. Overall decent case for the price and with one of the top paddings removed the M3 fits in very snuggly.

My only complaint is with the pads that are in the case. Which they were more secure than with the minimal amount of velcro in place. They seem to want to come out easily.

That being said for the price this fits the bill very nicely.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2014
This case sucks. I've had it for a year now and the zippers are all broken. One of the nail/screws for the primary handle to roll it broke today, driving me to warn anyone who is thinking about buying this case.

It won't stand up anymore, the bottom stand is not sturdy and looks poorly designed.

The best part about it are the giant pockets.

Sure it's cheap, but I certainly got what I paid for. I would highly recommend saving up more money and getting a much much higher quality soft case that you won't have to space.
on December 6, 2010
This is the perfect gig bag for the Yamaha MO8 (keyboard in the picture)... There is a ton of padding, the fit is perfect, the zippers are of good quality, and there is plenty of pocket space for chords, music, etc (the entire top, the length of the case, is separated into 3 pockets)... Not that I do but I would feel completely comfortable throwing my MO8 in with all our bands other gear in this thing...
on June 21, 2013
This bag is junk. Unfortunately it is the only soft case bag with wheels that fits my Yamaha S90 ES. This is the third one I've had in 5 yrs. the zipper pulls break right away. The stitching frays quickly and the wheels broke after heavy use for 2 years. On the plus side, the dual handles are good for carrying with 2 people and the clips for a strap are convenient - though they break as well if you are not careful.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2014
Be gentle with the bag. As long as you handle with care, the bag will last long. I gig frequently and i'd say I would need a new one every two years. At the end of the day, what's $120 bucks in 2 years? Thats not even ten bucks a month.
on April 17, 2015
Just started using it and one zipper broke already.... not the best made product.....but it is lightweight and it does provide some protection....