4.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing card game
Love the real card game, so this is nice when no human's around to play with you. You can choose to play against 1 or several computer players (I think up to 3? Can't remember now) and choose among 3 levels of difficulty.

Published on November 26, 2009 by Ratqueen

3.0 out of 5 stars too easy
I always loved this card game but the computer version is too easy. The other players always give you the opening to win. They also have the opportunity to play a card from their pile but don't. It's like playing with a little child who doesn't understand the game.
Published on October 23, 2009 by numainer

3.0 out of 5 stars too easy, October 23, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SKIP-BO - Castaway Caper (TM) [Download] (Software Download)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing card game, November 26, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

There are also several game modes to choose from: Adventure (just a somewhat level-driven game where you can earn awards and unlock different card decks), Classic, Speed (play with 10 cards in stock pile instead of the classic 30) and team play (you with a computer player against another computer player team -- in this mode, you can use both yours and your team-mate's visible cards).

Another reviewer mentioned the computer player not always playing cards they could have played. While I have seen this happen too, I think it really simulates human error pretty well. There are 3 levels of computer player to select -- the easy setting definitely makes mistakes like this, which would allow a child to play against it without getting frustrated by losing every time. The medium level makes those mistakes less often. I haven't tried the hard level yet.

The sound effects are very nice: quiet card sounds, points amassing, bonus, etc, as well as background beach sounds like waves and sea birds -- nothing annoying and everything relaxing.

The only thing I found to criticize is that there is no option to save a game in progress. The adventure mode automatically saves its state when you finish a round, but we can't save a match in progress otherwise. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice.

(Playing on Vista 32 bit).

3.0 out of 5 stars Game Review, March 27, 2012
I love the game and play it often. It has a problem starting sometimes and I have to shut down 4 or 5 times to get it to start.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit Working, June 15, 2014
I purchased this program for my 85 year old mother and it quit working within a week. So much for ordering cheap games on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun challenges, adventures and colors, January 29, 2014
I bought this game for my grandma who loves this game. She and I have played for years and now that I've moved out of the house she has this game to keep her company on the computer when I'm not there to play with her. The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the computer players don't always play up to the skill level selected (not playing cards off the stock pile when they can). It irritates her, but she plays anyway! Better in person...

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted, January 17, 2014
This game has become my new addiction. I play it constantly. There are 4 modes and I enjoy all 4 which is hard to do in most games. It is a fun way to play solitare as you feel you are actually playing against others. I must say BRAVO!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skip Bo, December 29, 2013
Just like the card game. It is fun to play these on the computer. I did not know you could play as couples so I was glad to get this game. It is so much more fun to play with couples or two instead of each playing because you can play on the other person cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 11, 2013
I like that it is not connected to the internet.Now they need to make a version for my kindle fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, November 10, 2013
This is a very fun game. I wished this same game was on the smart phones. But I have very much enjoyed and still enjoy, playing this. This does work on windows 8.1.

1.0 out of 5 stars rating, November 4, 2013
I thought out was for kindle, but it's not. I have it already for my pc and love it, would luv to have it for kindle

Rate and Discover Movies