Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Sports|Change
Price:$49.99+ $6.99 shipping

on December 6, 2011
Format: Sports|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Somewhat contrary to what the box says, we put our very old Encyclopedia Britannica books to use to straighten the mat out flat in about two days. My husband plays golf to a seven handicap and has had experience with other putting devices of this type and rated the quality of materials and construction of the Accelerator Pro as good. He thought that the white line markings down the center were very helpful in tracking putts. Most importantly, because golf is a repetitive motion sport, this mat is a real aid to developing a putting stroke that becomes automatic. The continuous gravity ball return works fine, an improvement over another trainer we have that requires electricity.

All of the information, diagrams and instructions regarding the Accelerator Pro are written on the storage box; there is no pocket pamphlet included, which might be helpful. On the bottom of the box, it is indicated that this product comes with a 90-day limited warranty and is made in the United States. A website is provided, and after creating an account, it took about a minute to register the product.
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2012
I made 48 putts during a recent round,which is poor performance, and decided to get a putting mat to help.

This putting mat is of good quality compared to similar products (I've putted on a few). The mat itself is thicker than most mats of its type and the plastic return portion is a little thicker than most - although it's still relatively thin. The ball rolls with a normal speed based on my experience with real putting greens. I used some books to help flatten the mat out initially, and I was putting in a few minutes.

The distance guides work as intended. I need help with consistent putting distance. If the putter head moves these distances and the ball is short or long, then the tempo is off. The markings can also be used to pace the distance on the mat without making the ball in the hole, say if you want to practice getting the ball to roll 4 ft and no more.

The ball return feed can be inconsistent. Sometimes a ball will not roll through and it sets in the cup. Typically the next ball will cause both to return. I've only had one instance of three balls getting stuck in the cup in a few hours of use. This is really a minor thing, and the only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5.
on November 9, 2015
Decent but overpriced. The putting surface is a thicker, higher quality composite that lays down more easily without the rippling seen in the older model. But two separate purchases showed permanent creases in the putting surface that made this item unusable. It seems the new and improved thicker mat is more prone to crushing when jammed in the box with the plastic return track during packaging. A simple fix but somebody should inform the factory. I returned the worst one and used a hair dryer to fluff up the synthetic nap as much as possible.
review image
on April 12, 2013
As soon as I started putting with this I was able to see that I was inadvertently pulling my putts to the left. The lines on the mat greatly helped with my alignment. I use this to practice before heading out to the course. It has helped me to stay focused on a straight follow through on my putting stroke.
on January 8, 2014
Shipping time was slow. But it was around the holiday.

Quality is just okay. I guess the speed is consistent and okay. But the return is slow and does not work every time. Not a huge deal. But not great.

I have not played golf since getting to see if my putting is better. I would think it will be better by the fact that I am actually practicing. So I guess it works. 3-5-7 ft marks are good and the backstroke and follow through lines are helpful. But after 50 times they seem to become a crutch. Not sure if I will put better in the field?

7' line is pretty easy though? I guess my longer puts will get better? And I guess locking in these shorter puts will help? But speed and acceleration on this short of puts was never an issue for me. It was more of a slope issue?

Overall it is okay. Is there a better way, and more efficient? I would assume there is? But my putting will get better.

Update:
I just got back from a trip to Houston where I was able to get 2 rounds of golf in. WOW! My putting was MUCH better. I had 32 putts the 1st round and 34 putts the 2nd round. Both are less than 2 putts per hole. And these greens were relatively fast. So pretty darn good. And I am not a pro so I am not putting them withing 5' of the hole? I went back and reviewed my rounds in my Golflogix app, and of my previous 15 rounds, I averaged (pretty consistently) about 40 putts per round. So my putting took 6-8 strokes off my round? Admittedly, I was a really, really bad putter before. I had a old ping blade putter that I liked the sound it made. I purchased a TM Ghost Spider putter. On this trip, my 2 buddies really commented on how good my putting was. They asked what I have been doing?

Also admittedly, I practiced putting A LOT. I have the accelerator pro set up in the front room, and over the break (vacation time), I would regularly putt 10-15 balls at a time, and probably did that 10 times per day. I used it as a nice break between things. So I can honestly say I put about 1000 times on this over the last month. So I think that had a lot to do with it?

Also what helped was the line I marked on the ball. I worked really, really hard while putting on the Accelerator pro to keep body still and pivot from shoulders and get line on ball to roll in line. I think this part was key. Because putting on the Accelerator pro and making the 7' is pretty easy. But getting the ball to roll in line was a little harder and was a very good refining of the process for me. Guy on trip said he has never seen that line rolls so good. He got frustrated in past with line, so he doesn't put one on. But he said my putting made him rethink and we talked a lot about my practice routine on the flight back. So I can really say, that the line on the ball and working to get it stay in line was a very, very big part.

So bottomline, my initial review was pretty spot on. I think overall the Accelerator Pro will help you putting. Is there a more efficient way to do it? I do not know, but I doubt it. The real part is practice, and this give a good way to practice in the comfort of you own home. I also think adding another puttind add (line around ball or putting wheel) will add that extra challenge to keep you using this a lot, which ultimately is the key.
on April 26, 2013
- Very good packaging, I am also using the box to keeping the mat when not using it.
- Mat quality is very good. Straightens easily after unfolding and there is no wrinkle.
- Ball return system is good.
- Good putting mat in this price.
on December 31, 2015
I agree with most of the reviewers in that it is very easy to make every shot. I am a double bogey golfer and I was making 30 out of 30 puts from the 7 foot line in the first hour. I found a pretty simple way to make it much more challenging so I only make 50% from the 5 foot line and 25% from the 7 foot line.

I cut out a piece of cardboard just over 4 inches wide so it would fit snuggly in the hole without sinking down, I then cut an inner diameter of 2.5 inches to take the hole from 4 inches down to 2.5 inches. Like I said it is making it much more challenging and I find that the speed of my put comes much more into play with the smaller hole as well as needing to be much more accurate with the alignment. My hope is that when I get back on the real green this spring the hole will seem like it is a foot wide after practicing on the 2.5 inch hole. The cardboard does sink down a little after every 20-30 shots so I need to pull it back up, I will try to rig up a little support under the cardboard keep it perpetually in place.

As far as the price it seems just a little high for what you get, but I have the newer version and it laid flat on its own in the first few hours. The plastic where the hole is does seem a little thin. The way that I look at it is that I paid less for this than most rounds of golf.
review image
on September 12, 2012
A little pricey for what you get, but it works. Ball comes back 99 times out of 100. If you're looking for a game try elswhere. It is very forgiving of hard hit balls so, yes, you can put the ball in the hole nearly every time if that's what you're looking for. But, if you want to work on your stroke and build muscle memory it works fine. Given that it already has a slope in front of the hole I try for just dropping the ball in the hole. If it hits the back of the hole it was hit too hard and I adjust my stroke accordingly.
on February 27, 2013
I've got a single digit handicap and I use this mat alot. This is great to put on a hard floor to give it a fast putting speed. IF you put it on a carpet, the speed slows down. Perfect.
This is a great training tool to groove your putting stroke. The ramp is useful too.

A great way to groove your stroke.
on March 15, 2016
I was disappointed when the item arrived with two large diagonal white lines across the face of the carpet just in front of the hole. They don't affect the roll of the ball so I'll keep the item. The carpet was also "lumpy" from sitting in the box but settled nicely overnight. I like the markings showing drawback and follow through suggestions printed at each of the markers (3ft, 5ft and 7ft). The item is cheaply made with very thin plastic parts attached to the carpet itself and the return track is three pieces that resemble "hot wheels" track. I fully expect I will be building an improved version of the plastic pieces from wood. The carpet itself seems to be well made and should last a good long time, indoors. With all of the above said, this is a useful tool for practicing putting in almost any place you could think of. It's very lightweight and reasonably compact enough to carry anywhere without wearing out an arm. I expect to see immediate and long term improvement as result of using this system.