Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sport-Brella Umbrella, Red
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Red|Style Name: without floor|Change

on November 30, 2010
We purchased this umbrella to use on our vacation in Florida. We had it shipped directly to us at the Resort. It was exactly what we wanted in a beach umbrella. It protected us from the sun and with the tie down cords we had no problems with the wind. The venting system at the top of the umbrella and the open window flaps also helped with any wind gusts. At the end of our trip, we shipped the umbrella to our home in Pennsylvania. We plan on using it often on other trips whether we fly or drive to our destinations.
on December 28, 2009
We go to a beach where it can become quite windy, and this umbrella is perfect. Once the sides are staked down, it's a great wind block as well as sun shade. The only thing I would correct is that the pointed part of the pole (the pole is in two pieces) is stored inside the shaft and it's hard to see since it's all black. We were convinced that it was missing until we saw the small sticker on the shaft saying that the bottom part of the pole was tucked up inside. The same thing happened to friends of ours that bought the same umbrella. They might want to make a bigger sticker! Other than that, we love it!
22 comments|230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2015
This is my 3rd Sport Brella. The first one was the XL and it was way too big to carry and maneuver in my SUV so I bought the regular size one here. After 2 uses, the pole broke after a windy day at the beach but I loved the easiness and weight of this, I bought another. I've used it at the pool, my backyard, and the beach and it does what I need it to do. The window is an added plus to allow air flow. I like that if I want to be lazy, I can just stick the pole in the dirt and it holds in place or add the anchors to make it more sturdy. I do have to monitor my toddler to ensure he doesn't lean on the pole because I'm concern he will bend/break it. I give this product 5 stars for ease and price and 2 stars for durability. Still worth it for my needs.
on December 1, 2014
We installed our Sport-Brella on the beach outside our condo with special wind anchors.

Nov 2014 - Looked good, things went well for about a week then we noticed tearing of material around grommets at bottom front.

Wind seemed to want to blow Brella backwards so we used the plastic anchor clips on the front top to install an anchor on each side. The winds were not storm winds just daily wind changes here on the beach that all other kinds of other sun shades and umbrellas were up.

After a week we noticed that the Sport-Brella material on the top clips had 10" rips in the material on each side.
That's my sandal sticking through the tear on one side.

Zippers on the vent windows were not made for ocean exposure. After the first week they were corroded and stuck open

WHEN OUR VACATION IS OVER, WE WILL DEPOSIT THIS SPORT- BRELLA IN THE DUMPSTER.
review image review image
44 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2016
Good product but one of the grommets came out of the anchor strap (after using only twice). I emailed the company along with a few pictures but never heard back. Will update this review if they actually address the issue.
on February 2, 2015
The old fashioned beach umbrellas are difficult to transport and they don’t have the ability to provide comfort and shade that you deserve. That’s why you need to stick to a beach umbrella like Sport-Brella! I LOVE the sport-brella XL! My family and I take our umbrella to the beach and open the side zip covers (windows) to enjoy the sea breeze. Sport-Brella is an ideal product available for camping, beach, sporting events and general recreation purposes. Setting up the umbrella is as easy as opening up a rain umbrella and then securing with the simple to use stakes. This beach umbrella has two basic options. Either you can stand it straight up or lay it tilted to the ground. You can easily switch between these two modes within few seconds. The package comes with all the stuff that you need to set it up. It includes hook ground stakes and bungee cords as well. This is one of the best beach umbrellas that you can find in the modern world. Any person can think of purchasing it with a hassle free mind. We love our Sport-Brella. It allows us to stay at the beach all day by providing us with wonderful protection. You will be very happy with your purchase!
review image review image
on May 30, 2015
We are dry! Most everyone else is drenched.. Lol besides a few drips here and there!! Originally set it up for shade because it was so sunny and hot and then this major down pour....#indianaweatherlife
on June 20, 2015
Don't waste your money, it didn't last 2 hours on the beach until it was shredded. I added a photo of what was left. My wife was telling me what happened and I thought we could fix it but the braces and connectors were snapped apart and missing. What was left was twisted beyond repair.

Very frustrating because I set it up for my wife, then I had to leave. Was hoping I could count on it to protect her from the all day sun but apparently not. It's troubling to have to depend on something that turns out unreliable like this.
It might work in a small breeze but whatever they advertise, I would cut it in half. If you're looking at more wind than that, forget it.
on August 23, 2014
This is compact and a great design in theory. I really wish it was made better, it will not last long. The plastic pieces that hold the material of the umbrella to the frame broke. Initially it was just one, I thought maybe I stepped on it or something. But soon after several others broke. It appears that the plastic may become brittle from the heat. I want to get another and the umbrella chairs made by the same company but I won't because the clips seem to be the same as on mine and I'm guessing they will not last either.
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2010
Color: Blue|Style Name: without floor|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The SportBrella offers features not found in other products.

- If you have another beach umbrella, you've probably enjoyed the shade while holding the pole to keep those gusty winds from picking the umbrella up and impaling those sunbathers downwind! You need to either hold it down, or tie weights to the pole to keep it in one place. The SportBrella has a variety of vents and screened windows that allows the air to flow through it instead of sending it skyward. If needed, you can also fill the storage bag with sand to make a weight to help keep one of the "flaps" to the ground, especially when those stakes don't work in the sand.

- In Honolulu, to keep those without homes from camping in the parks, the city has banned the use of tents (defined as a "collapsible structure consisting of sheets of canvas, fabric, or other material" with more than one wall). In other words, an umbrella is legal, but the SportBrella with one or two panels staked down is not. However, you can use it, and if a park attendant brings it to your attention that you can't have those two panels staked down, making a "three-walled tent," then just take the stakes out!

- I've worked at a park, and before I got mine, I chatted with SportBrella users about the device. They tended to be keen on it, but these were days with a hot sun, and where shade was at a premium. I don't know what it's like to pack it up when wet and sandy. Ick. Of course, you can just spray it off when you get home (probably a really good idea to get any salt spray off the metal. Make sure it is bone dry before you pack it up.

- It is nice and BIG! About 8 foot in diameter. Turn the thing upside down to allow the top to open (it's next to impossible to push up and open like an umbrella). And watch out for that pointed extension... you don't want it going through your foot when you loosen the nut!

- You won't be using this at outdoor concerts on a flat lawn. It's so big that the folk behind you will stare holes in your hidden heads. However, it's also big enough in the right venue that you can put a couple lawn chairs underneath it.

- Treat it well. I wouldn't toss a heavy cooler on top of it. Those "spreaders" associated with all umbrellas won't take a great deal of abuse.

- To make it fit into the carry bag, lay it on the ground and roll it up. Then the Velcro fastener will be lined up.

Have fun with your new SportBrella!
22 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse