From the Manufacturer
SKLZ Hit-A-Way Baseball Swing Trainer
The #1 baseball swing trainer of all time provides a legacy for helping batters with their swing mechanics and hitting consistency. The SKLZ Hit-A-Way solo batting trainer simulates real pitches for improved hand-eye coordination, timing, and confidence - without having to chase a ball. The batting trainer allows you to perfect your swing or learn to switch hit without the headache of lost balls or broken windows. It's height and weight adjustable, attaches securely to most trees and poles, is easy to set up, and can be stored or carried in bat bags, backpacks, or carryalls. The new sleeve design improves visibility as well as contact feel and sound.
- Attaches securely to most trees and poles; easy to set up in seconds for hours of use
- Adjust the "pitch" height to raise or lower the ball to your desired hitting height
- Practice for switch-hitting; great for right or left-handed batters
- Practice solo-anytime, anywhere
- Post not included
- Ages 7 and up
Attaching Hit-A-Way to a Pole
1. Find and secure a suitable hitting area, pole, tree etc. with approximately 12 feet of free space around pole in all directions. Do not attach to any street signs.
2. Take the hook and loop strap labeled Top Collar and unhook. Slide the collar out so you are holding the red tab in your left hand and the Hit-A-Way cable in your right. You should be able to read the instructions on the strap. Wrap the strap 5’ to 6’ high around a suitable pole with the rubber padding against the pole. Pull the red tab thru the metal strap connector. Wrap the strap back onto itself and secure the strap with the hook and loop fabric. Repeat on the bottom, with the approximately strap 2’ from the ground.
Using Your Hit-A-Way
1. Wind ball once around pole (clockwise for right handed hitters) and pull ball and cord toward you. Fully extend cord and set home plate down (not included) so that the ball is over the center of the plate. Stand 2 feet back from home plate to hit the ball near the thick end of the bat. If the bat can reach the adjustment sleeve or beyond, you’re too close - move back.
2. With the ball centered over home plate, throw ball forward towards imaginary pitcher until the cord winds up. The ball will wind around the pole 4 to 5 times.
3. Wait for the ball to unwind 3 to 4 times and hit the ball. If cords unwind completely, do not hit the ball; catch it and start over. This is critical, as swinging into the cord can cause you to lose control of the bat. Keep hitting as ball returns. (Do not step toward pole after hitting.) NOTE: Never stand closer than 2 feet from plate to avoid bat tangling with cord.
4. Repeat and build a rhythm. You should strive for repeated, solid contact. Hit continually for a minute and build up the length of your hitting intervals as you improve your swing.
SKLZ is committed to elevating the athlete in each of us by guiding and serving athletes on their journeys to be their personal best. As the flagship brand of Pro Performance Sports, based in San Diego California, SKLZ develops innovative athletic performance and skill development training products, technology and knowledge for serious athletes of all ages, skill levels and sports including baseball, football, soccer, golf, softball and basketball. SKLZ is known around the world for delivering durable, high-performance training products used by professional and amateur athletes as well as their coaches and trainers seeking to improve on a sport-specific skill or a performance-focused goal such as speed, agility, balance or core strength.