Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop System
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 5, 2011
I bought this to use for our pool next season. In the meantime, I figured I'll put it together and use it in our driveway until then. Here's what I think so far:

-ASSEMBLY-
This took me about 90 minutes to do put this together by myself. I took my time and only used the tools provided (two double-sided wrenches). If you have a helper or better tools, I'm sure this can be done in under an hour. Unlike many toy assembly instructions, these were clear and easy to understand.

-FUNCTION-
This is a nice basketball system for mini-balls. The ball it came with is regular mini-ball but the rim can take a much bigger ball. I'll probably use a volleyball-sized ball when I move it poolside. The backboard is a clear plexiglass and looks very professional though I wish it was a little bigger. The breakaway rim is a really nice feature.

-FUN-
The kids love this since they can actually reach the rim with a ball (my oldest is 4 yo). They never touch my big hoop since they can't get the ball anywhere near the rim even at the lowest setting, which is like 8ft. My oldest made his first 3 shots with the rim set at 4'. Made him pretty happy! Can't wait to use this at the pool next summer.

-EASE OF HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT-
There are two height "buckets": ~3.5' to ~4.5' and ~6.5' to ~7.5'. I'm using it at the former. Being able to move it up and down about a foot at the lower setting is really simple and can be done by relocating a pin and moving the handle attached to the pole. However, in order to switch it to the latter, the higher setting, it requires me to install an additional included pole using tools. Not a big deal for me since I plan on keeping it at the low setting. Just keep this in mind since it's not simple to go from say 4' to like 7'.

-DURABILITY-
This is very sturdy with what appears to be quality parts. Not sure how it will withstand the Pennsylvania climate year round. Let's also see what happens when it's next to a salt water pool for a season. I have my fingers crossed that this will last me a decade.

-EASE OF TRANSPORT (or lack of)-
Sure, it has wheels but it's still not easy to move. The wheels are on the wrong side of the base! My big basketball hoop system has the wheels on the same side as the pole, which allows me to tilt it toward me and control it easily. This one has the wheels on the back side, opposite the pole. It's very awkward to move since I have to pull the entire thing backwards. Additionally, the wheels don't let me tilt back very far so there is a very small range that will allow this to roll. Due to the location of the wheels, it's much easier for me to move my 10' system, which is 2x the height and 3x the weight, than it is to move this one.

-RECOMMENDATION-
Overall, this is a fine product that I would buy again. Luckily I won't have to move it around too much. Buy it if you're looking for a pool hoop system or want something a toddler could play with. Once my kids are 6-7 yo, I'd prefer them play with a full-sized basketball system.
on March 28, 2014
I was really excited when I found this product that had the type of backboard, adjustment handle/height variety and price point I wanted. The adjustment handle was what I was looking forward to the most-in order to adjust the height for the pool or varying heights for my son as he grows. We have put the product together and we have used it for two weeks now. Two issues we have come across. The info said adjustable heights from 3.5'-7' in 6" increments. This is not very "accurate" It can adjust from 3.5'-4.5' or from 6'-7'. There's a bar you have to add that fills up the 4.5'-6' that is not adjustable. So be aware of that clarification. Second, unlike some other systems where you lean forward to move around, the labels state to push back on the post to push unit around. When you follow the directions, then a 2" slit by the post opens and either the sand or water that you use for weight starts to come out. So we won't be moving it as often as we had planned to. If you don't plan to move it around a lot or don't mind taking the bar on/off to make adjustments then it is a good product. Also it takes 130lbs of water or sand, so plan accordingly.
on April 7, 2011
I have 4 small children and this thing is great for all of them. All I have to do is adjust the height of the rim for each of them. I was pretty rough with this thing and had absolutely no issues. The first day I opened it, we had 50 mile per hour winds and this thing did not fall over. Pretty impressive! This is the perfect product for kids and for anyone that doesn't have the room for a full size basketball hoop. I highly reccommend to anyone. Great product! Lots of fun!
on May 7, 2011
We bought this for our 5 and 2 year old boys and our 3 year old girl. They LOVE it. We chose this one because it can go so low, which is a plus with our young kids. Very sturdy construction, very happy with product.
on June 24, 2011
I bought this 'system'-their working, not mine-for use in our pool. We'd been shopping around looking for one that would work around our pool, and not be so flimsy it would be trashed by the end of the season. I saw one at a 'pool store' that I thought was perfect, until I saw the price. Over $250! Didn't buy that one. Then I came across this one on a gold box special for I thought a good price. Decided that we would try it.
Came in a timely fashion (thanks Amazon), got it set up-mostly one person can do it, but there is a portion of the assembly that will require 2 people. Set-up was not difficult, but it does take 45min to 1 hour to do. Instructions were easy to follow, no major problems there.
The system is pretty good, except...The info page read like you would be able to adjust the height a lot more than you are really able to. There are two poles, use one for pool side/small child, two for more full size action. We wanted to use it pool side, so one pole. We have it adjusted to the highest it will go, and it's still a bit short for full-grown people. If you are using it for the 7-11 age-group-it's probably just the right height. I knew it was supposed to be a 'mini' set-up with a mini ball. The ball itself is really small. But the hoop is decent sized anyway. You can't play with a traditional sized basketball, but we have a 'waterball' that works perfect in the pool. Regular balls make a big slat when they hit the water (like the one that comes with the setup), a waterball is a rubber ball covered in some kind of fabric that displaces half the water the other balls displace when it hits the water. Our waterball is about the size of a volleyball. They are not cheap, but they are the best for pool side use.
So 4 stars for me because perfect adjustment is unreachable, and the ball/hoop is almost too min.
on July 6, 2015
Solid basketball hoop. I am 14 years old and this is great for the pool. Only problems I have with it is that the base I filled with water leaks a lot and the bounce of the backboard veries on where the ball hits off the backboard. (If the ball hits in the white box the ball dies but if you hit the part where the support bar is it will bounce hard off) I have had this for 1 1/2 years and if I could go back to when I bought it I would buy it again.
review image review image review image
on March 12, 2016
Very disappointed little boy. We this hoop up for two weeks and the hoop literally fell off the backboard. Maybe we got a bad one but now my little boys "Christmas" present is ruined and I can't return because of the 30 days.
review image review image
on May 30, 2015
I used this for a few weeks in a row but after awhile the side of the backboard cracked and the rim tilted. Although, it worked extremely well when in use and was very fun.
review image review image
on April 7, 2015
Very nice... I bought this for the grandkids and from the littlest (3 years old) to the oldest (8 years old) it is adjustable for each and they love it.... Only one small drawback... You can NOT use a full size basket ball... ONLY the mini basket balls... 6 inches diameter ONLY... Full size will not go thru the net.... Assembly is very simple... The base plug keeps falling out so don't fill with water... fill with sand instead...
on September 22, 2013
My son bought this with his birthday money to put by the pool. It is a bit tall for that so we eliminated the middle pole. He loves it but the hoop is already broke off - Disappointed.