1,499 Reviews
 (1,033)

The manufacturer commented on the review below
5.0 out of 5 stars sicky
Published on January 13, 2010 by Philip O. Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun basketball hoop for the office!
We bought this basketball hoop for our office. For the most part it is exactly what you would want for a fun way to pass the time...couple of negatives...

Published on March 13, 2010 by Jeffrey Doden

5.0 out of 5 stars sicky, January 13, 2010
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop (Sports)
I bought this for myself...and I am a 31 year old man...who likes to shoot some indoor hoops during the winter when its cold and there is nothing else to do. Anyway, I hard mounted this to my wall.....it is not set up for that so you need to take the door brackets off ...and you will need a drill, washers and some wood screws, a stud finder..etc. But this thing is sweet. It is like a real hoop and the thickness of the backboard doesnt matter. i have had 5 hoops before this and this is by far the best one. It will not break even with me taking 18 footers! The only downside is the ball seems a little heavy for the hoop. I am using the ball from my old hoop that is same size but lighter material....than again, i bet it holds up to the heavy ball. Highly reccomended!

Edit: After A year and a half the hoop is STILL solid! This hoop has easily seen over 10,000 shots and it looks exactly the way it did when I got it.

Only problem......THE BALL. Why don't they make a lighter replacement ball for this thing? The ball from my old hoop that I was using has died and it is impossible to find the same one or a light one like it that still bounces! I even offered to send my old ball into them as a prototype but they never got back to me. If anyone finds a good replacement ball please let us know! Love the hoop...hate the ball ):

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:50:22 PM PDT
Hey Philip,

Thanks for the review and the feedback. We use this heavy ball to give the whole unit a "pro" type of look and feel. We are in the process of changing over to a ball that will look the same but will not be as heavy. We're also looking at coming out with a much, much lighter ball sometime in the future.

Thanks for your purchase and taking the time to review our product. Very much appreciated my friend!

-Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a great indoor hoop!, February 5, 2010
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop (Sports)
13 years! That's how many years we have been buying, and re-buying indoor basketball hoops for our boys. Not one has lasted more than a few months - until now. This hoop has a strong backboard and a sturdy metal rim. Now, the rim is not a break-away style, and I assume if there is a lot of pressure or hanging on the rim, the plexiglass-type backboard could crack and/or break. But as long as their slam dunks do not get too out of control, this should last for a good long time. Extra bonus is the rubber padding on the back of the hoop and on the top hooks that hang on the door. No scratches on my front door and minimal black scuff marks after hours and hours of use. I would recommend this product to any "serious" indoor hoops player, especially those who keep buying the nerf-type hoops. It looks good, plays good and keeps my boys, and their friends, entertained during the winter months when it is too snowy or cold for them to use their outdoor hoop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dunk de Dunk de Dunk, March 12, 2011
My ten year old loves this basketball hoop. He plays everyday and for at least an hour. He plays while doing just about anything he can do at the same time. He dunks, he dribbles, he shoots, he scores. This is his second one, the first one was not the XL. He and his friends dunked a few too many times and the backboard broke. Believe me that it got a lot of abuse and I got my money's worth

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 11:17:36 PM PST
Hey Dean,

Thanks for the positive review! If your son is playing for an hour per day, I can only imagine what types of dunks he's come up with. Be sure to check out our brand new Pro Mini Hoop Street! Then he can maybe stretch practice time to 90 minutes a day. Ha!

See ya,

Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Fun, February 6, 2011
i live in a small apartment with a door in the kitchen that reveals a washer and dryer. after placing the sklz hoop on that door which is in the kitchen, i now have a witty line whenever my friends come over, heres an example.. "Who wants to take shots in the kitchen?" no longer is this reserved just for drinking, we can now get our (mini) game on, in the kitchen. i must admit it was funny the first couple of times and it kinda lost its luster, however it is fun to have around. small enough to place just about anywhere, games of horse have never been more entertaining. as a college student, its nice to spend free time with friends, not only on xbox live, but in person as well, so when they come over, and they see a legit looking hoop thats actually sturdy, and not a cardboard backboard and a plastic rim, they are more than down to play. ive been wanting one of these with a metal rim for years, not a company saw fit to produce such a thing. Overall, very satisfied, even bought another for my brother who is stationed in ny (army), he says that every now and then they are snowed in, i think this will keep his spirits up while hes miles away from home (which is az).

oh, and the ball it comes with is also really nice, however because its much like a real basketball, it has some weight, only problem i have is that i live on the second story of my complex.. people below me may not want to hear the constant banging of that ball hitting the floor. i did however find other foam balls and rubber air filled basketballs that are light and hardly make noise when thrown around.

In all, great product, and looks awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Hoops Action, November 20, 2010
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop (Sports)
The SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop is a well-designed and well-executed product.
- Comes with everything that you need to assemble the backboard, including a small wrench to tighten the bolts. Simple, painless assembly. (Caution: Do not overtorque the bolts. There's really no advantage to tightening the bolts too much, because the included lock nuts will hold securely. However, overtightening the bolts may induce stress fractures.)
- Good attention-to-detail on net and hoop hook points. Looks nice and works even better.
- Foam backing thoughtfully hidden behind backboard border stripes, so that it doesn't detract from the clean appearance of the clear acrylic backboard.
- All metal parts have a good "heft" to them. The springloaded hoop is designed to give under pressure. BUILT TO LAST!
- Fits nicely over my son's bedroom door. It's a tight fit to close the door, so we don't usually close the door - except when we're trying to avoid disturbing Mommy. (Well ... not disturb her TOO much. ;-)
- At a price point of just over twenty bucks, this is an excellent value.

The only thing that I don't like about this product is the ball. Oh, it is a very high quality ball - one that could be dribbled on a hardwood floor for some serious hoops, just like a regulation ball. However, inside the home, it's too heavy, too loud, and (potentially) too damaging to walls, windows, and anything else that gets in the way of the errant projectile. I'd much prefer it if the manufacturer provided a NERF ball, instead. Although foam balls can't be dribbled, we're just interested in shooting baskets.

Bottom line: The SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop is an excellent, quality product. Highly recommended for kids of all ages (including adults!), who like to shoot indoor hoops. Plan on separately purchasing a foam ball (5" diameter would be ideal, 4" diameter will suffice), if safety and sanity are a high priority in your family.

P.S. If you'd like to see what the product looks like in action, just log onto YouTube and search for "Sklz Mini Hoop". There are dozens of clips available.

EDIT: Nearly four years later and the backboard, net, and hoop are still in great condition. They almost look brand new. The basketball is a flat now - it still works when pumped up, but loses its air over the course of a few days. So, we use a Nerf ball, instead. Still going strong after all these years!

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 3:34:07 PM PDT
Hi Robert,

If I could give stars for your review I would have given it a "7"! Thanks for taking the time and saying so many nice things about our product. Very much appreciated sir!

Always be on the lookout for the "Pro Mini Hoop Challenge" that we hold every year. I have a feeling that you must throw down like Blake Griffin treating that Kia like a Micro Machine! BOOM!

Thanks,

Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun basketball hoop for the office!, March 13, 2010
Jeffrey Doden (Toluca Lake, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop (Sports)

- the over the door hanger is too thick for most doors to close when the hoop is hanging on them. we tried to use it over the door, but just didn't work because we wanted to actually be able to close the door.

- unless you are kobe bryant or michael jordan, you will miss from time to time, and if you miss and the ball hits a wall or door, it will leave marks. we bought a different type of ball and we have no marks. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a great BB hoop!, July 26, 2009
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop (Sports)
Finally after 3 cheap BB hoops this one takes the cake! I wish I would have bought this more expensive one to begin with. From the nerf bb hoop that broke after an 1 hour to the plastic rim that broke after a week, this is awesome quality. Its been 3 weeks and still going strong, for a kid who plays hard and dunks. It fits over the door great! I've given 2 as B-day gifts. No cons!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift!, December 18, 2012
We searched to find an indoor hoop that we trusted wouldn't break the day after we got it. I was looking for something sturdier than a nerf hoop.
This hoop exceeded my expectations. The XL size is awesome because it fits perfectly over a door. I do not like things getting ruined and I was concerned this might damage my door when I hooked it over, but so far so good! We've had this in our kitchen, the closet door, and the boys’ bedroom. They dunk it over and over again and I am thrilled that this hoop has not done any damage.
Definitely the best gift my boys received for Christmas. It has taken a lot of beating over the year, but still works as good as it did last year when they opened it! They still continue to play with it EVERY SINGLE day and it’s the envy of all the boys in the neighborhood!

5.0 out of 5 stars This hoop is great, make sure you get XL, March 5, 2012
This hoop will go over any door. The door I have is really thick but it still fits. Make sure you get the XL. The other smaller version is too small. This XL has a bigger hoop and bigger ball. Its much better than any nerf hoop. Very strong and sturdy like a real basketball hooop.

5.0 out of 5 stars I gots SKLZ, November 15, 2013
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop (Sports)
It's a Nerf Hoop on crack. Love playing around on this. Recommend a four inch foam Poof 875 ball instead of the one that came with it though. It is much lighter and easier on everything else around a room. Not sure how to link to that ball on here, but you can look it up from the information that I provided.

SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop