5.0 out of 5 stars Great soccer training tool
Published on March 5, 2012 by Sherri

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept!
Not very well executed and the ball comes out after a few kicks and the elastic tears quickly. Needs better construction to be more effective
Published 13 months ago by Jadalion

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soccer training tool, March 5, 2012
Sherri (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
I first bought another brand of this type of training device for my 6 year old daughter to work on her kicking skills. After only a couple of hours, the other brand broke in half. The store replaced it with this version and it's worked well so far. Just a tip for those concerned about holding onto the cord: We bought a metal dog stake that you can twist into the ground from the local pet store and then you can put the velcro waist band around that. This allows you to work on kicking the ball on the ground without getting tangled and it leaves your hands free as well. This solution has worked very well for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Kick Soccer Trainer, January 1, 2012
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
A great product and kept the boys 8 and 11, entertained for many hours. Eventually we were wishing we bought a couple more of them as the adults also ended up taking turns.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept!, June 21, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap / Poor Quality, August 14, 2012
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
Not impressed with the SKLZ soccer trainer. It's made up of cheap elastic. Expected a better quality product from SKLZ.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted, October 21, 2012
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter to help with her soccer kicks. She loved it! She practiced with it all the time and really saw an improvement in her kicks. The negative is that it didn't last. A month later and the velcro won't hold the ball anymore and the strap disconnected from the belt around the waist. It's taped and tied together and my daughter still wants to use it. It's a great tool but I wish it lasted more than a month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ball doesn't stay inside., November 17, 2013
Amy Corneau (Simi Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
Unfortunately, you can't get your ball to stay inside! My daughter was resorting to duct taping the ball inside before we threw it out and bought a different kind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, December 27, 2012
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Misc.)
You can practice safely in smaller areas. I could practice kicking and goal keeping skills at the same time. This could improve your techniques. From the mom: for the price, this is a great option. This allows him to practice juggling without risking the neighbors windows! I'm concerned the harness will give way eventually, but I'll just watch the cord and will replace the item if I notice any wear and tear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Juggling, August 28, 2013
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
After pouring through the reviews, I bought this to try out since it was inexpensive, and my daughter is motivated to improve her juggling skills.

In conclusion, this may be good for other purposes, but it's not suitable for juggling. The cord keeps getting in the way in a very distracting fashion. The sleeve around the ball makes it awkward to control. My daughter asked me to remove it after two minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars great bang for buck, October 15, 2012
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
The SKLZ Star Kick Soccer Trainer is certainly an inexpensive way to improve soccer skills. My 10 year old daughter found it very helpful. However, if you are willing to spend a bit more, the Epic Soccer Training Program ([...]) really helped her get to the next level.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, October 25, 2013
This review is from: SKLZ Starkick (Sports)
Got it for my 8 yr old son who is a beginner at soccer to work on his skills. He loves it!!! And he has improved! It does return very quickly from hard kicks, so putting a cheap dog stake in the ground is a great idea! Has been great for working on more powerful kicks, strengthening leg muscles, and no hesitation before kicking or making a goal. He has been very rough with it and it is holding up fine. Read the other reviews before I bought, but no problems here!

SKLZ Star Kick Solo Soccer Trainer