Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2010
I've gotta admit I really like these mattress protectors. They don't change the feel of our mattresses, nor cause overheating and sweating like our previous protectors.. They fit nicely on our low profile latex mattresses (which are slightly longer & skinnier than our regular mattresses) They also fit our thicker profile mattresses. They wash nicely and dry quickly. The kids spilled an entire glass of water in the center of one and none of it went through. (the top is completely water proof but the sides are not, so if water spills down the side it may or may not protect the mattress) either way they're a great buy! We are very satisfied with our purchase. We will be purchasing more mattress protectors and replacing our current pillow protectors with these as well.
66 comments| 461 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2010
After a lot of hesitation, I finally bought this mattress protector and am so glad I did! It was inexpensive, it fits my very deep pillowtop mattress, doesn't feel like I'm sleeping on vinyl (can't really tell much at all that it's even there), and for the first time in years I'm waking up without the congestion that continually plagued me. Best purchase I've made in a long time.
22 comments| 322 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2012
I have never been a fan of mattress pads because they are noisy and hot. I recently had to replace my memory foam mattress topper, so I wanted to protect the new mattress topper. After some research, I came across this mattress pad. There are a lot of reviews of this mattress pad, mostly good, but some not good. If you are looking for a mattress pad that is 100% waterproof (ie... a lot of liquid, or liquid frequently), this is NOT the mattress pad for you. This mattress pad is more water resistant, meaning if you spill something on the bed, and clean it up quickly, it will not penetrate the mattress pad, but if not cleaned up, some liquid will eventually seep through the mattress pad.

Now, having said all of that, here is the reason why I purchased the mattress pad. I am a hot natured person, so having a traditional mattress pad was out of the question. It would radiate the heat from my body, and I was miserable. The other reason was the noise. I felt that I was 5 years old again, when my parents put trash bags on the bed because I having accidents. That sound always annoyed me. Well, this mattress pad said that it was breathable and not noisy. The vast majority of the reviews supported this, so I bought it.

The pad has multiple layers of a tight, screened fabric and the sides also have a screened fabric. The top layer is more like a flannel material. You can hear the mattress pad crinkle, when you move on it, but it very minor. When you lay on the bed, the mattress pad is not hot at all, it is actually a little cooler than without the pad. Overall, I am very pleased with this mattress pad and it should protect my memory foam mattress topper for many years.
0Comment| 241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2012
There are a couple of customer images posted above that I just uploaded today. They show how much room this mattress protector has.

I was worried that the mattress protector wouldn't cover the whole mattress, which I've dealt with before in the past. This mattress protector exceeded my expectations. As you can see in the images of my twin sized mattress set, it easily covers the box spring, mattress, synthetic down mattress pad, and 2-in memory foam mattress pad, which was too long for the mattress, so I simply folded over the side at the headboard. It did have to stretch a little, but I'm a 40 y.o. woman with a heart condition, so I'm sure most people won't have any trouble.

I washed it and air dried it before placing on the bed, and there were no noticed issues associated with washing it. If I have any trouble, I'll be sure to update.
review image review image
on March 31, 2012
The warranty is a joke. I bought this mattress cover because the place I purchased my mattress recommended it. It came with a 15 year mattress protector "warranty". The elastic sides came apart after a month or two and then we noticed the stain on the mattress, which is what the warranty was supposed to cover. After a lot of hoops (taking pictures, actually sending the protector in for testing) the company determined we had microscopic holes in our cover that allowed liquid to pass through. They also said this is evidence of the protector being "damaged" and not "defective" even though I had followed the laundering instructions carefully and never had it off the bed except to launder. I'm looking at the warranty now and it states is does NOT cover normal wear and tear. WHAT???
4141 comments| 816 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2010
We have a memory foam mattress and we have been using a regular mattress pad/cover which we really don't need. This mattress protector is perfect for the memory foam mattress which fits over the mattress nicely and we can feel the softness of the mattress, and it doesn't trap heat while sleeping on it. We can't even tell that there is a mattress cover on the mattress and it's very comfortable.
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
Okay, so why am I ranting and raving over an item as mundane as a pillow protector? Because this pair, at a price point significantly below the most economical mite-proof products at my very favorite Brick&Mortar Big Box sore for home, kitchen, and, "beyond," has a single feature that makes it far superior to higher-priced competing products.

Upon reading the product description, one statement stood out to me, because I hadn't seen a similar claim by any other manufacturer of items like this. From product description, "The unique design allows body heat to pass through to the pillow maintaining a comfortable sleeping temperature."

While that may seem insignificant to some, I thought it could affect the function of the very pricey (as in hundreds of dollars each) memory foam pillows because the consistency of memory foam is highly dependent upon temperature. As one's body heat warms the foam, it becomes more pliable, allowing the user to sink into the foam, feeling cradled yet supported. This is why the first generation of Memory Foam Mattresses (the ones that cost as much as a Hyundai) tended to trap body heat; as the body warms the foam, the result is a sinking of the body into the foam, thus trapping said heat in the cavity produced in the foam to cradle the body (yes, this argument is a bit like the woman who swallowed the spider that ate the ant that swallowed the flea . . .). As you can see, for those older foam mattresses, the problem was self propagating and self sustained.

Though I've never had that heat-build-up type of problem with memory foam pillows, I've read that some folks have. It might,then, lead one to think that's why it's important for the pillow protector to allow heat passage through it. And that may be true for some, but what is definitely true for all who use any type of foam pillow is that the foam depends upon the heat from one's head to become more pliable and function the way it is intended.

After all, what sense does it make to spend hundreds on the comfiest pillows, then hinder the functionality that was borne of the expensive R&D that drove up the price in the first place (urgh . . . again with the lady who swallowed the spider)? That's what one who doesn't have a protector specially designed to allow temperature equilibration is basically doing. After all, when dishing out big bucks for these pillows made from scientifically designed materials, a significant portion of that cost is due to the research and development of the materials. It is self defeating to pay for that and then slap on a protector that interferes with that exact function.

And, yes, this protector does everything else that a pillow protector can be designed to do, including providing barriers to liquid, dust mites, and bed bugs. To me this one's a no-brainer, that is until Malouf designs one that also makes the bed in the morning.
on June 4, 2010
My husband has been having sinus and lung problems for about 9 months. After going to the doctor numerous times and getting nowhere, he went to an allergy clinic. They tested him for a bunch of stuff and turns out he has an allergy to dust mites. They said it could be in his mattress and to look into a cover. He and I have only been married about 9 months and we sleep on the 4 year old mattress I had from before. It is in great shape, but is a pillow top mattress. I read that mites can live in pillow tops easier than regualr mattresses. So, after looking online I found this cover. I am not joking when I say almost over night he felt better. He is not 100% yet, but this cover has helped so much. It also is long enough for my deep mattress. I cant even tell a difference with having it on. As in, I have a fitted sheet over it and it feels like nothing is between the fitted sheet and mattress. I am really happy I bought it and once I read more about this company and that they are family owned, I felt even better about buying it!
It is seriously a great product and I Will buy from them again in the future.
22 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
If you, like me, hate living in fear, take control of the night! If the idea of bedbugs, spiders, and any other little creepy crawly dudes living in your bed gives you the screaming mimis, you are NOT ALONE. But the sleep tite mattress protector works to suffocate the ever living crap out of whatever horrors are living in your mattress by cocooning them in a web of impenetrable plastic. It uses the spider's technology against them!

This mattress cover launders beautifully, and fits snugly around our mattress. We have not had a spider related incident since purchasing this mattress protector and its matching pillow protectors.
on March 7, 2010
We were so impressed with the quality of this mattress protection. The price was fabulous and it was delivered just as promised. We are extremely pleased. We put it on our brand new select comfort bed. It is soft, comfortable and noiseless. We love it.
11 comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse