Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 14, 2012
I run 20mi+ a week, and wear compression socks/stockings not only for my runs, but even for a long walks as my veins have never been in a good shape. I have these socks in blue, and the butterflies are as cool as you'd expect from the picture, especially after those boring medical stockings. They wash well, dry reasonably fast, you can't put compression stuff in a dryer, it will decrease its compression abilities.

As far as the compression quality goes, I doubt these SLS3 are true 20-30 mmHg, because my compression stockings and CEP running socks are a little tighter around the ankle -- the difference is not huge though, maybe these are ~22-24 mmHg? I am not an expert in this by any stretch of imagination, just trying to say that they are tight and make running and recovery more comfortable, but not as tight as 20-30 mmHg medical stockings...

Also, these socks are the same for both legs and don't have a padded sole, which, I assume, means they don't have a built-in blister protection like many other running socks do. I never actually get blisters from running and thus see absolutely no difference between the SLS3 and the CEP in this regard, so can't comment on this, but I can see how the lack of padding may affect someone else's decision.

You should choose the size of the socks based on your shoe size, and for your reference you can check the SLS3 website, it has a sizing chart that shows calf sizes as well. For example, Women's 8-10 (or Men's 7-9, or S/M) corresponds to 5'4"-5'9" in height and 12.5"-15" in calf size.

Oh, and if you're new to compression socks, spend a minute watching a video on youtube or elsewhere how to put your compression socks on, it'll help a lot.

Overall, I'm happy with these compression socks and I'll be running my half-marathon in them (ah... the butterflies!), but the difference in compression between these and my other compression socks doesn't seem right to me, thus only four and almost a half stars. I know, it's too subjective.
11 comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2013
When I first got these socks I could not even get them over my foot. They were so tight! I have compression sleeves and I love them, so I know what they usually feel like, and I wanted to try the socks. I am between sizes and just figured I guessed wrong by ordering the smaller ones. I mean, look at the picture; that woman has no calves!! So clearly I should have gone to the larger size. HOWEVER, never owning compression socks, I searched for a video on how to put them on and that certainly helped a ton. After finally getting them on, I still thought they were WAY too tight, but after wearing them for an entire morning they finally stretched out and now I love them. They are a little long if you really wrench on them (I read another reviewer pulled them up to mid-thigh; don't do that). So, don't yank them up as high as possible and if they're too tight, just stick with them and you might love them like I do after all!
on October 10, 2011
Love these compression socks. I started with compression sleeves for shin splints but they looked like old lady hospital socks. Thsee really help me with stability and recovery and they just feel good. Plus they are cute as heck.
on October 20, 2012
These compression socks are so comfortable and fabulous for recovery. I don't recommend wearing them while running as the top band can cut into the back of the knee (particularly if you're short). I am 5'4" and can easily pull these socks above my knee.
on March 31, 2013
Maybe if I had smaller calf these would work but halfway through my 12h shift, I had to take them off as they were cutting in below my knee.
on October 26, 2012
Bought these for my shin splints and so far they are really helping with my recovery. I have ordered two more pairs
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 3, 2015
This review is for the SLS3 Women's True Graduated Butterfly Compression, Performance, Training, Race, Recovery Socks (1 pair).

These are the cutest compression socks I own. I am a busy nurse and on my feet for 12 hour shifts a day! I have carried my pedometer with me to work and I clock in approx 6 miles a shift. At the end of my day, my legs and feet are BURNING! That’s when I started wearing compression socks and it opened a whole new world for me!

These socks are ultra-soft but still structured. What I love about them is they go on smooth, pull up easily and then stay up all day long. They don’t start to roll on the upper rim or fall down. I think getting the right size is very important, I got a size M/L… I have a larger calf. The material is breathable and moisture wicking. My calf doesn’t get sweaty after 12 hours and there are no imprints or marks where the socks were.

The best part about these socks though is of course the ADORABLE butterflies. I am forced to wear this super BORING nurse’s uniform to work and get NO choice in individuality. There is no SOCKS dress-code though, so I pop these on under my scrub pants. When I lift up my pants leg, its SUPER fun and makes everyone smile. I get so many compliments on these and everyone always asks where I got them. 5/5 stars for materials, functionality and quality!

If you have any questions please post below and I would be happy to answer! I received a free promotional sample of this item for my honest and unbiased review.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 9, 2015
These are LOVELY socks, the color is true to the picture. These 2 pair are the first I have ordered of the SLS3 brand. They seemed very tight across the foot when I first put them on then as I wore them they became very comfortable and I didn't want to take them off. I REALLY like them. These ARE compression stocking, and therefore hard to put on, as are all true compression stockings are. I ordered them a bit large in that my size is at the beginning of the size range and I think that helped. I also have skinny legs. So please keep this in mind if you order. There are videos on YouTube that show you how to put them on properly and make it a little bit easier.

I saw some reviews of people complaining of a long foot and long leg. With compression socks you place them where they should be and then smooth out the extra fabric. Don't pull them up to your thigh, their meant to go high on the calf and just below the back crease of your knee. Same with the foot, set the heel and toe to the proper place then smooth the sock into place and you will be very happy with them.
on February 27, 2013
I have only worn this pair once when running. I purchased the extra large size since my calves are larger than my body would suggest. Regardless, the socks are not comfortable. I am hoping that as my running continues I will become more fit and the socks won't be as bad.
on September 5, 2012
I was hesitant to spend so much money on a pair of socks, but friends of mine who are runners recommended trying compression socks and I am so glad I did. I didn't experience any of the foot/shin/knee issues that I usually do when I run more than a mile and at the end of a 5 mile run I still felt good. I would definitely recommend this product.