5.0 out of 5 stars FOR EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES
Published on September 3, 2011 by James W

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me at all
I bought the adapter cuz I wanted 2 play some SNES games and I looked at most of the reviews and they were all pretty good... but it didnt work at all for me. I have an original SNES controller but no matter which usb port i plug the adapter into or which controller port I plug the controller into, only the b button works... I even tried it on my other computer and still...
Published on January 21, 2012 by Grrrrrr

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES, September 3, 2011
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
For everyone having issues with their controllers I have found something interesting you should try first. I have many Super Nintendo controllers and have found that some work, some don't. On the back of each controller you will find the model number. The most common is the SNS-005. The SNS-102 is the controller that came with the smaller edition Super Nintendo. I also have the aftermarket Super Pad by Performance.

What I have found after testing the different controllers is that the SNS-005 controllers are hit or miss. I have one SNS-005 controller that only the B button works yet the other two I tested work perfect. I have found the SNS-102 works fine as does the Super pad. I have no idea why some refuse to work but I can understand your frustrations because the same happened to me.

Defiantly try out the different controllers that you have lying around because if one doesn't work chances are the others you have will. The first controller that I plugged in didn't work and immediately I thought I was out eleven dollars. My heart sunk as I tried different usb ports and searched for a driver. Then I jumped up with joy as the next controller I tried worked! Hope this helps guys, feel free to ask any questions. This adapter in my opinion is so well worth the money for any SNES collector because there is nothing like having an actual SNES controller in your hand while you play. It totally changes the whole experience.

One last thing, I have found the best way to play Super Nintendo with people over the internet. You need to download and install a program called ZBattle.Net. Also you must Google ZSNES Version 1.36 since it is the most common used even though its not the latest. Once you have both open ZBattle and click File, Options and give the location of your ZSNES application. Do the same for the games. After hitting OK go to File and click Connect. You will see people playing SNES in different servers. Create your own or find someone who is hosting a game. The game they are hosting will download really quick and then start. It opens up ZSNES and you are ready to play. If it keeps saying its waiting for Host click the cancel button then uncheck "allow udp connection" and then hit either connect to server or create server. Make sure you are joining someone with the same version 1.36 SNES and if your are hosting a server be sure to list that 1.36 is the version you are using. While in ZSNES hit the "T" key to type to who you are playing with. Good luck guys! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try to respond. Long Live The Super Nintendo! (The greatest console of all time!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 & ZSNES compatible., August 9, 2011
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
I can happily confirm that this works on my Windows 7 64 bit machine on the ZSNES emulator.
You just have to configure it correctly in ZSNES's settings.
Time for some Super Mario World! Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with PC and Raspberry Pi, August 19, 2013
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
I desperately needed an SNES adapter to work with my Raspberry Pi, and this was the only one I could find on here that actually worked (the Gtron ones have a driver issue where the D-Pad gets stuck). Tried it on Windows 7 as well and it worked

Plugging in controllers after the adapter has been connected is a little flaky; sometimes it seems to cause both controllers to not work. However, the solution was to just pull out/plug back in the USB adapter. I chalk it up to the Pi board though

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm on my Mac, October 6, 2012
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
I just wanted to let everyone know if you have a Mac, this adapter will work even though it says PC on it. I play lots of games with my SNES emulator on my iMac. It is a new model desktop, and operates with Lion. I plugged my two SNES original nintendo controllers into it, plugged the USB into the computer, configured the controllers on the emulator and was playing 2 player mario kart in no time! Very cool, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Macs & ZSNES, December 23, 2011
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
I have two of these: Super Nintendo Turbo Controller (AsciiPad) and the adapter works great with them - the turbo functions and slow-mo even work! My Mac is running Lion and I use ZSNES. SO GOOD to be able to play Mario Kart and Mega Man X for real instead of stumbling through using a keyboard. It even makes RPGs better. I haven't used one of those clone controllers but I'm willing to bet this is way better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as promised., January 10, 2010
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
I wanted to get my snes out of my room and this allowed me to use the original controllers with my computer. Both controllers are immediatly recognized and work right away in snes9x, fceux, and vba with a quick remaping. Highly recomended, now I have no need for the old consoles.

the usb length is about 18" but since I have the snes extensions It's not a problem for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to fix the SNS-005 issues..., October 4, 2013
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
One of my two SNS-005 controllers does not work reliably, and it seems to be due to insufficient filtering on this unit. I've had some success by using a "choke" on the cord. This can be as simple as coiling the cord tightly into a loop (6+ loops around my finger seems to work) and zip-tying the bundle together. I've had better luck by using a couple clip-on RF chokes. I think maybe connecting a capacitor from the signal lines to ground inside the USB box might fix the problem more permanently, but I haven't investigated this yet.

I should also note that one of my SNS-005 controllers works without modification, and it is an earlier model which seems to have more built-in passive filtering, based on a quick inspection of the PCB. Also, even with three chokes on the cord, the troublesome controller only works on one of the two ports, and even then, the select/start buttons are still finicky. I'm sure I can get it working flawlessly if I spend a bit more time tweaking it.

Please help your fellow gamers, and report back if this works for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars For those worried about input lag:, February 4, 2014
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
I'm pretty sensitive to input lag issues and would like to point out that this adapter doesn't really cause any that I can notice. If you're noticing lag while using this adapter, read on:

Many emulators have fundamentally flawed Vsync approaches that cause both input lag and non-smooth scrolling. Many emulators/frontends like Retroarch have the ability to fix this issue by syncing the game's internal clock to the refresh rate of your monitor, which is usually just a variance of less than 1% on a standard 60 Hz display. This nearly eliminates any perceived lag and greatly increases motion quality.

For example, you can do this in Retroarch by turning VSync off and Hard GPU Sync on. Mame has similar options:
[...]

Anyway this adapter runs with both my original 2 SNES controllers that came with my console as a kid, as well as the short-cord Super Famicom controller I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with OS X too !, June 30, 2011
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
This Item does what it's supposed to do! ive had it for a week now and its still works.
when i first bought it i wasn't expecting it to work with my computer since its a mac and the description in the package clearly sates "for PC" but it did work and at its full potential. The only thing i had to do was open my emulator "Snes9x" and map the controls on the control pad which was very easy. I recommend this for those seeking to play 2 player games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works -- Raspberry Pi Compatible, June 24, 2013
This review is from: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB (Video Game)
This adapter just works. I bought 2 classic authentic snes controllers. One of the controllers was an SNS-002 model and the other was the typical SNS-005 model. Both controllers worked from the get go. I've read other reviews about how the -005 controllers were hit or miss. I can't speak to that as I had no problems. What I can say is that amazon stands behind their products and you can just return this product if it misses with your controller.

I am using a raspberry Pi with the retropie image. It takes some time to set up 2 controllers, but I was able to get them both to work by editing a config file in retropie. This is an awesome little gaming rig, and there's nothing like emulating on a cheap micro-computer with the original SNES controller.

SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB
SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB by Mayflash (Nintendo Super NES, Windows 7 / XP)
$11.47