"This program is a great value for any demographic... I have received numerous comments and seen the positive impact SOAR® has had on are students. Parents alike say the simplicity, speed, and efficiency that the SOAR® system brings, is as vital as learning addition for math class." -- Gary Thompson, Director of Toledo Technology Academy in Ohio, ranked 2nd Best High School in the Midwest
"To say our team is thrilled about the results we are seeing in the work ethic and academic progress of our students would be an incredible understatement." -- Robyn Ellis M.S.Ed, Principal of Maeser Prep Academy
"I got this for my 10 year old son. It takes you through prioritizing, setting personal and academic goals, organizing your school gear and your study space, study skills, including how to maximize textbook reading, paper writing, interacting with teachers, taking notes, and taking tests, and tracking progress. I think it's worth its weight in gold." -- Sharmian L. White, Parent
"This (book) is very easy to understand. It is laid out neatly and the strategies have helped me a lot! Thank you for everything!" -- Adrienne G., College Freshman
"I was getting C's and D's. Now I am getting A's and B's! I learned how to be organized and how to study...it has made such a difference!" -- Katie H., 11th grade High School
"Thank you so much for this wonderful resource! I am teaching a new study skills class this year. The information you provide is invaluable. These materials are lifesavers...literally." -- Deb P., Middle School Teacher
From the Author
"I have investigated many programs and yours is the best!"-- Stephen D., Tutor
"Your program helped me change into an A average student in High School after struggling with C's and D's. I'm looking forward to using it in College. I have also shared the knowledge that you passed on to my ten siblings and many friends. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and if you need any help please let me know. Thanks again." -- Chelsea S., 12th
"Susan ~ This is very exciting....the SOAR® Binder System and handbook are the cornerstone for my study skills class for all 6th graders at St. John's. We have had great success!" -- Valerie B., Learning Specialist
"I can't believe how much easier it is for me to keep my papers organized. Since I started using the Binder, I have not lost one assignment! My parents are so excited and I feel so much better about school. -Thank you!" -- Michael Z., 9th Grade
"I wanted to let you know that our parents are still saying great things about SOAR®. Many of the comments center on how practical everything is...Several parents are doing the weekly meeting and they love it!" -- Dave S., Assistant Principal
"I loved the binder. What a simple but effective idea!" - Jennifer G., 5th Grade Teacher
- Strategies must be time-efficient.
- Strategies must be effective.
- Strategies must apply across all content areas.
- Gary Thompson is the Director of Toledo Technology Academy in Ohio, ranked the 2nd Best High School in the Midwest. His building has been implementing SOAR® Study Skills for 5 years.
- Beth Brandes is a counselor at Theodore Guerin Catholic High School in Noblesville, Indiana. Theodore Guerin implements SOAR® Study Skills with the whole freshman class.
- Tobi Flair is the principal at Harry Hurst Middle School in Destrehan, Louisiana. Her building has built a 20-minute session of "SOAR® time" into their daily schedule.
- Lauri Oliver is a teacher at Winona Senior High School in Winona, Minnesota. Her building chose SOAR® as their study skills curriculum due to our extensive research basis.
- Done-for-you lesson plans. The ready-made lesson plans can be the basis of a study skills class, or embedded across the curriculum.
- Multiple Assessments give you plenty of options for monitoring progress.
- 180 done-for-you slides with interactive visuals for demonstration and instruction.
- Clean, bright, colorful presentations to capture students' interest and reach your visual learners.
- A lot of support! If you are unsure of how to teach study skills, we've incorporated background information and teaching tips for each step of the way.