Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 28, 2013
I had bought this along with the donut bun shaper (that Sodial sells as well, wrote a review for that too) and after using both I can tell you that this hair bun sponge maker works better with thin hair, and the donut bun works better for (mostly) medium thickness hair. (thick hair girls, you already have the volume, u dont need one of these!! ;P)

Since I have thick hair, this hair bun sponge maker was too flimsy to use in my hair, it wasn't able to wrap around entirely and bend into place bc there was too much hair. Maybe if it was longer and there was a clasp to hold it in a bun shape....there may be something out there like that already?
on August 30, 2013
Unless your hair is EXTREMELY thin, I don't see this working. It's too thin, flimsy, and cheaply made. I guess sometimes you really do get what you pay for. I did not like this and I felt it was a waste of money and took a very long time to come in. I would not say to waste your cash on this product.
on January 3, 2013
I got this for a great price and both my daughter and myself have had fun trying some new hair styles with it. Takes a while to arrive but it is coming from China
on December 28, 2012
This works great on my long curly hair. Need a bobby pin to help hold it in place but I really liked it. Will order more in the future.
on January 4, 2013
It was pretty good for the price. I tried it out on my mom and it worked perfectly, then I tried it on me and it wasn't so easy. I guess the longer the hair, the harder to stay put.
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2014
Really like this looks very nice when I wear. I cannot do myself yet but does work great in my hair when I have someone put in for me. Trying to learn to do and get tight enough to look good on my own. Great price this would also make a great gift!!
on January 11, 2013
My 5 year old is in ballet and she has to wear her hair in a bun. Her hair is thick and curly. Previously I could manage it if I used a ton of bobby pins and spray. This bun maker reduced my time and her discomfort immensely. Now just pulled it into a pony tail, slipped this over it, bent sides wrapped in and around, and then added just TWO bobbie pins and spritz of spray. Set with a puffy perfect doughnut bun! So cute! Took SO LONG to arrive from China but it is worth. Super cheap and with free shipping whats not to love. I am ordering some more. Honestly the instructions are terrible, translated Chinese to English is kind of funny though, and its pretty easy to figure out.
on March 28, 2013
I was super skeptical when I ordered it, but I was not going to be too tore up if it didn't work since it was so cheap. To my surprise, not only did it come early, it works great! I do have to pull my hair in a pony tail before use because I have a lot of long layers, but other than that it takes me about 10 seconds for a perfect princess bun with only ONE bobby pin (just to hold my layers in!) Defiantly worth the wait and the price.
on April 29, 2013
I mean I guess I should of expected it for $0.74 ea, but they are very small and I can't use them with my thick hair. Also they are not covered in cloth like one would expect. It is a thin piece of metal covered with thin foam.
I honestly was expecting something like one I had years ago that was about 12 inches long and held all my hair and had a strong metal wire inside.

These are about 6 inches long and it is a thin flat piece of metal, I can't even figure how I am suppose to twist it at the ends to hold it together.
on July 28, 2013
This might work for someone who has fine thin hair but def not for thick hair. I have long hair, a bit past my boob area and it is very thick as well. When I first attempted to put my hair in a bun it held it up for a few seconds before unraveling and falling down. It is not strong enough. You get what you pay for I guess.

I was watching a youtube video that shows how to use this to create great waves in your hair. So even though it was useless to create a bun for my thick long hair it will work great for making waves in my long hair. Can't wait to try it with the one I have, if it works I'm buying more of these!

Type in the description below on youtube to show you how to get waves using this product!!!!

No heat Korean Inspired Mool Gyul Waves Curls- Heatless Everyday Loose Waves