Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SOG Specialty Knives & Tools TFSA98-CP Flash II Knife with Partially Serrated Folding 3.5-Inch Steel Blade and GRN Handle, Hardcase Black TiNi Finish
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 24, 2009
I have a SOG folder that is no longer produced. But this adjustable clip I just love. I broke the tip off my knife.

I was willing to pay to have it fixed because you can't get this SOG Knife model anymore.

I sent it to Warranty Repair asking them to replace the blade and I would pay for it.

Nope. They told me they were replacing the blade for FREE. Huh? This knife has to be about 7-8 years old with heavy heavy use. Regardless, they promptly called me (CALLED ME!) and stated the alloy was too brittle and I could get a replacement blade (my original was black, they were out of production) but a satin steel was available. Do it!!!

Yet, no questions, no hassle, they sent my knife back with a brand new RAZOR sharp blade.

SOG has a got customer locked-in for life.
11 comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2008
This is a great knife. I have several SOG knives and this is the one I carry every day. Razor sharp and the serration near the base of the blade is great for cutting rope, etc. The deployment mechanism is as close to a switch that you'll find. A slight thumb pressure in an opening direction and it "flashes" open. I've NEVER had it open accidentally. And if you are paranoid, there is a small flip lock for that as well. The clip is extended and hides the knife just under your pocket rim but places it in optimum position for quick access. Light, strong and SOG quality. By the way, if you are thinking the Flash I is just a little smaller, it's not. It is a lot smaller, almost a toy compared to this medium sized all around all purpose utility/defense blade. Buy it! You won't be sorry.
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2010
This is basically the same review I wrote for the non-black standard Flash version. However, the difference is in the look of the knife overall and not in the function. I like the looks of this all black version very much. Side-by-side I would choose the Black version over the standard Flash, however, they are both good knives and it is a matter of preference if you can only choose one. The black handle and black blade of this version makes it quite appealing. Even the clip is black with this version, which is a nice touch.

I would recommend lubrication and any personal preference adjustments to the "action" of the knife immediately so you can begin to use the knife right away with optimal results.

I already own one of these as an EDC knife and that is why I have purchased more. This knife is quite sharp out of the box and it opens quickly. I like the "safety" feature that locks the blade so that it doesn't open accidentally. The best feature for me is the low profile clip that allows the knife to be carried but not seen. It is elevated a bit off the end of the knife so that no part of the knife shows outside your pocket. All that is visible is the clip. Most knifes have a small portion of the knife end that sticks out of the pocket. With this style of knife, you can't see any of the knife outside the pocket. This makes this a discreet EDC knife that is also functional and of an excellent quality.

The handle is quite sturdy and has textured feel that increases the grip. The partially serrated blade is quite helpful in getting through boxes, rope, plastic, etc. Overall this is a lightweight and handy knife that is worth the price and superb for EDC. If it is stiff or doesn't open the way you like, just adjust the end screw and lubricate it with a drop of oil. I have also used WD-40 on this style of knife and it does wonders cleaning it and making it look brand new again.
on February 24, 2011
First of all, the good things about this knife. #1 the locking mechanism is not in the direct path of the blade, you don't have to put your fingers in harms way when closing it. (start rant against linerlocks) Why the "liner lock" is so popular is one of those great mysteries of the world to me... at least put a button through the handle!! The idea of putting my finger where the blade will be folding to unlock is not my idea of a good design (end rant against linerlocks). THANKFULLY this knife is designed with the locking mechanism on the handle, where it should be.
The blade is sharp right out of the package, and it just looks cool! I like the fact the steel is AUS8, should keep a good edge. I'm a fan of serrated edges... they add more utility to a knife. If I'm in the bush and need to chop branches in a pinch, a serrated knife will do that. This knife has a nice sharp serrated edge for sawing through twigs, branches, reinforced cardboard, rope, packing tape, etc. The knife also has a locking feature, which I like to have on a everyday carry knife. It's very lightweight, so I think I'll keep it for hiking trips.
The assisted opening feature is very nice, I prefer it now. And hey, my box came with a sticker saying the knife is "Gunny Approved" by Mr. R. Lee himself. Can't go wrong there.
Now for the negative features... LOTS of blade wiggle. Too much for my liking. The locking switch is in an awkward place, hard to switch, and hard to get to with only one hand. Definitely not a one-handed opener. The belt clip is strong, too strong. I had to struggle to clip/unclip from my pants pocket. Definitely not a fan of the clip for everyday carry. Might be good for clipping on a backpack and knowing it won't fall off. Overall the blade seems very thin compared to my Benchmade Barrage 585, or even my Gerber FAST assisted opener.
I won't keep this knife for everyday carry, but I will probably use it for my hiking pack. AUS-8 steel, light weight, bionic-strength clip, and serrated edge makes it a decent backpack knife.
on April 9, 2013
This is the best every day carry knife I've personally ever owned. As someone else said, the steel is not the best in the world, and that is my only issue with it; it is still very above-average quality steel though, and shows 0 signs of rust or corrosion, the metal is just softer than I think is optimal... D2 or something would make this knife a dream. I just have very high standards for the steel that my tools and guns are made of, and for the price, you won't find better in my opinion. Even for a brutal task, I believe it would hold up fine, though it would certainly need a sharpening; I still haven't had to sharpen mine in over a year.

I think once or twice, EVER, the safety has engaged in my pocket unintentionally, probably from reaching to grab keys or something. It's not really as big of an issue as it's made out to be, I actually think it's quite a good design. In addition, there is no "stop bar" in the knife to stop the blade when closing, so you never get a dull spot on the blade. Also, the unlock-thumb-lever thing is an awesome addition; no more putting your thumb directly in the way of the blade to push that awkward and uncomfortable locking mechanism!

When I first got it, I was REALLY sketched out by the plastic housing/handle, but just like my other SOG knives, it is extremely durable! Literally, not a single scratch after all the time I've owned it, which is amazing. Also, the black tini coating on the blade isn't only for looks; it is very durable, rather similar to the chemical coating on a Glock barrel, and does a very good job at preventing any glare or flash in the sun, if that concerns you.

This knife in particular, in my opinion, is the perfect size for carrying always. It is very lightweight, has a very ergonomic design, and doesn't look flashy or cheesy. The blade is big enough for anything you might need it for, but small enough to be a realistic to stuff in a pocket. Honestly, it's so unnoticeable that I clip it in the pocket of my sweatpants if I'm lazy that day.

I really love SOG knives, and for real work, camping, defense, etc., I also have 2 seal pup elites, partially serrated, in black tini which have also held up quite well. Loyal customer here, mostly due to the very good quality to cost ratio, from the research I have done. I like to own things that will last as long as I take care of them, and these knives do. Don't forget, they have lifetime warranties against manufacturer's defects; don't take that for granted!
on April 6, 2010
This is my first SOG knife; I was torn between this and the Benchmade Griptilian, but after many recommendations I decided to buy this one. I am thoroughly impressed. The SAT springs the blade open after very little initial effort. The grip has a good feel to it and the clip keeps it buried deep inside your pocket without being seen. Blade stays sharp for awhile and it hasn't failed once yet. Definitely will be buying another SOG knife in the future.
review image review image
on August 26, 2015
The SOG Flash II is a rockin EDC knife. Rides low in the pocket, opens with a touch of the thumb--locks open, first time, every time. The customer's choice will come down to personal preference. If you read about this knife in the manufacturer's information, they make it sound like a rocket ship :-). There's a discreet looking "patent pending" number on one side of the blade for that S.A.T. assisted opening technology. Once locked open, user presses a button on the handle to unlock the blade, to close. It is ergonomically correct--it's not hard to get used to it, sort of like the typical liner-lock on other knives. The blade is 3.5", half serrated, TiNi coated black blade made out of AUS-8 steel that SOG says they have subjected to some sort of process to further strengthen the steel, and the knife has a lifetime warranty. Besides the 3.5 blade (slightly longer than the average 3" blade), the zytel black handle is very lightweight. This knife weighs 3 oz. I'm satisfied with my SOG!
on October 31, 2015
After few days of use (when i say few are few), normal use, having in my pocket few amazon open boxes and a few bbq uses, the bolt that retains the clip fell off. Have tried to "contact" SOG on their official website to ask for a free bolt replacement, with no answer at all even when they claim they do replace those. Tried to purchase the bolt here at Amazon, guess what they don't sell it.

It is my THIRD SOG knife probably the last one.

on May 2, 2013
im not going to lie i did expect the blade to be a little bit bigger when i first recieved it but it has become a real staple in my tool box and it is a really nice knife. for the price this knife is very much worth it. i have never had it just open up in my pocket ,EVER! so these other genius's must have been playing with it in thier pocket. there is a locking mechanism on it also which doesnt allow it to open whatsoever if you choose to put it on. highly recommend this knife its an amazing EDC and has been a joy to own.
on April 3, 2015
Superb quality despite the price. Blade comes shaving sharp out of box, and takes a nice edge once it does eventually dull, which it is somewhat prone to (it's AUS-8, that is just a reality). The blade centering is nearly perfect even after months of use. The finish will wear with use, and shows scratches pretty well, but its a user knife not a display piece so that shouldnt matter. lock up is very secure for a folder, although its by no means as solid as a triad lock. Theres a VERY tiny amount of side to side play, and no obvious way to fix this. In hindsight i would go with a plain edge as the serrations are poor, and seem to tear more than cut/saw. All in all I will give it 5 stars because of the high value.