5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I have ever heard!!!
Published 15 months ago by Mackenzie Coffey

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but uncomfortable for even short periods
I bought these after my last pair of headphones literally broke apart when I put them on. In light of that, one of my criteria was quality of build and these are definitely well made. While it's all plastic, it's not flimsy feeling at all. They also look pretty sharp.

The sound is also very good, especially bass if you're into that sort of thing. There are...
Published 5 months ago by Douglas L Rohde

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I have ever heard!!!, June 11, 2013
These are absolutely AMAZING! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for an excellent quality pair of headphones with unbelievable sound. Listening to these I have heard sounds that I have never heard before, every part of a song is so distinguished. Each sound is so crisp. The vocals sounds fantastic and are so pronounced. They have wonderful highs and the bass is absolutely PERFECT, it doesn't sound cheap or canned at all, which I've had happen with headphones in the past. I know some reviews say that the bass is overwhelming, but I haven't found that to be the case at all for me. My music taste is very eclectic and these headphones sound great with every song I choose, ranging from Elvis Presley to Bassnectar and Miranda Lambert to Ludacris or Metallia - every genre is covered with these headphones. These definitely sound better than anything I have experienced before, better than any other headphone I've tried (I've tried Beats by Dre, Skull Candy and Audio Technica) and even better than any car upgraded stereo with subs and tweeters that I've ever heard.
Sorry for the long review, but I wanted to get my opinion out there :) I really hope this helps out someone else who is in the market for some headphones. They are worth every penny. And if you're trying to choose between different brands - go with these. You will not be disappointed at all. These are so so so amazing and I am soooo unbelievably happy that I took a chance and decided to buy these. Pure perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME HEADPHONES!, June 14, 2013
Bama Mom (Madison, Alabama, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SOL REPUBLIC 1601-30 Master Tracks Over-Ear Headphones - Gunmetal (Electronics)
Okay---my teenage son researched and researched headphones as a gift for my husband for Father's day. We finally settled on these and could not be happier. They have the best sound and noise cancelling we have come across. We had gone to the apple store and tried out the Beats, Bose and Logitech ones and these are superior by far and at a ay better price point. My son is now a convert--after believing all the hype about Beats--he has seen the light! He now wants these for his birthday. Also--I bought these 3 days ago, the price dropped $30 yesterday. I chatted with amazon and they immediately and easily issued a refund for the difference---AMAZING SERVICE AMAZON!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of well controlled bass, detailed but mellower highs, and mids that aren't drowned out. Great heaphones!, December 2, 2013
Dan Lee (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Finally! I've been searching for decent pair of over the ear headphones compact enough to travel with for a while now, and I've finally found them in the Master Tracks.

I was specifically looking for something bass heavy with a mellow but detailed high end (I hate screechy harsh treble). I own a pair of original Monster Turbine in ear headphones that do quite well with the right eartips, albeit just a bit shy in the bass department. I also have a pair of original Denon AH-D5000 running through a Headroom amp for home use when I want more detail. I wanted something similar to the sound of the Turbines in an over the ear configuration, with just a slight bit more bass. I've tried the V-Moda M100 as well as the LP2, some Sony XB models, a bunch of Sennheisers, a bunch of Grados, several Beats and Monsters, AKGs, etc... None of them had the sound I liked.

My criteria are as follows:

1) Bass heavy (not obnoxious).
2) Over the ear, or comfortable enough for a few hours of use.
3) Mellow but detailed high end.
4) Can be driven off an iPhone, Android, portable player, etc..., without the need for an amp.
5) Compact and durable for travel (airplanes, cafes, bus, etc...).
6) Won't break the bank (relatively speaking).

My preferences in music are pretty broad. Primarily EDM, with a bit of classical, classic rock, modern pop-rock, folk, singer/songwriter, spanish guitar, instrumentals, etc... Again, emphasis on bass forward heavy kick for EDM style tracks.

The Sony XB series are just bass monsters that have no detail in the cheap models, and screechy blown out treble at the top models. Horrible. Most other high end brands are more neutral and require an amp to sound decent. Not the bass forward sound I was looking for.

V-Moda came close with the M100 having slightly less (but tight) bass and slightly harsher treble, and the LP2 having more (but sloppy) bass and a dulled out treble making for a muddy sound. A mid way blend between the two would have been perfect, and that's exactly what the Sol Republic Master Tracks is. A heavy but controlled bass (closer to the LP 2 but cleaner), and a slightly rolled off but still detailed high end (closer to the M100 but not as harsh) for a mellower sound. Decent mids that aren't drowned out by the bass so vocals still pop through. Something that you can listen to for hours and not feel fatigued.

Comfort wise, the Master Tracks are good enough. Nothing like the giant cushy ear cups you'd get from high end Sennheisers or Denons (old style). They do go over your ear and I can wear them for a few hours without problems. They don't need an amp to sound good, and they're durable enough to get thrown in my travel backpack. Also cheaper than the V-Moda models. Win!

If you're looking for bass heavy over the ear headphones with detailed but mellow mids and highs that work amazingly well with EDM tracks, but surprisingly well with everything else, these Master Tracks are for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLY CRAP!, August 5, 2013
let me start off by saying im in no way a music producer or dj just your average person who loves music, so with that being said these headphones are AMAZING!

SOUNDS: THE SOUNDS IS AMAZING GOOD! better then my bose and pioneers. they highs, mids and lows are balanced so well! the bass is just perfect i listen to alot of EDM and screamo and it handles everything just perfect! awesome things as well they sound better when they are played louder!

COMFORT: These headphones are so comfortable i can use them for hours at a time! the ear cups are so squishy like clouds on your ears!

DURABILITY: Dont worry about this they are mad to handle anything:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these things. Maybe not for an audiophile, but certainly for music lovers., December 18, 2013
Everyone has their bias for sound. I'll save you time and give you my opinions on competitors first, so you can see where I stand.

Bose QC15 - One of the best, if not the best, in "noise canceling" technology. Everyone who says they do noise canceling, it's never active like the QC15's, and if so, not nearly as active. Sound wise, they're good, but not what people go crazy over.
Beats Studios - Too much bass. Great sound, and Monster makes quality products, but you're buying the name and the bass.

So where do I put these? Beneath both of those, sure, but that's where they are intended to be. Bose and Beats are meant to score 10 out of 10, but they're 8's at best. Sol's product is meant to be a 7 out of 10, and it's exactly that. So if you're just a music lover, need good flat audio with a little extra kick, these are certainly a great deal. Insanely durable, fantastic modern design, and great sound.

Note, these bleed a lot of noise, so for the work place, your bystanders may hear a little something. I use mine for drumming, and although there's no active noise canceling, it does a pretty good job since it fits around my ears perfectly. They're also cozy at my desk.

For the price, these are probably one of the best buy's you'll find.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great consumer sound. Audiophiles need not apply., January 3, 2014
B. Toy (San Mateo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have a strange attraction to headphones. Among many, many others, I have a pair of Sol Republic Tracks HD and Beats Solo HD.

First and foremost, if you consider yourself an "audiophile," you won't be cross-shopping these. The sound is most definitely tuned for the consumer. And if you're among the rest of us that just wants your music to kick, these are about as good as they get. The low end is a tiny bit stronger than the Tracks HD. Compared to my Beats Solos, this blows them away. I almost bought the Beats Studio and the Beats Mixr, but after having my Tracks for a while, there was no way I could go back to that brand. The Beats have more thunderous bass reproduction but the sound tends to get muddy very easily. Sol Republic's tuning doesn't over-emphasize bass to keep the sound cleaner. Don't get me wrong, these are definitely tuned to bias toward the low end, but not so much that it drowns out everything else.

I've had Shures and Grados so I'm not going to kid you in saying that the highs are accurate and brilliant. They aren't, but if you're considering these headphones, you're probably looking for reasonably clear mids and highs. Which is what these headphones provide.

My Tracks HD headphones are only comfortable enough to wear for about an hour at a time. Maybe two at the most. I've had these Master Tracks on for an entire work day without feeling the slightest of pressure discomfort. That's not to say it can't be improved, however. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because the ear cushions only swivel in one direction.

Take note that if you don't use an Apple iDevice, the buttons may not perform the function that you expect. I use these headphones with my iPod so the volume, play/pause and track skip functions work as expected. But they're practically useless with my phones (Galaxy S4, Nexus 5 & Nexus 4).

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, but not really over-ear., March 20, 2014
They sound good, so no complaints there. But by "Over-Ear" they really mean "Covers most of your ear but the pads will mercilessly crush your earlobe or the top of your ear"

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sounding headphones I've ever had!!, September 17, 2013
Gadgetguru (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
First let me say that I am not an audiophile but like most people I appreciate good sounding music! In my teenage years I could never understand why my buddies put their music so loud that it was all distorted. Why would you ruin the beautiful sound of music by doing that?!

I am a headphone lover! I have so many of them that my wife thinks I'm crazy. I have both models of BOSE quiet comfort noise isolating headphones, the OTE and standard ones. Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Sure, and my favorite ones up to date Bowers and Wilkins.

I came across these headphones while browsing at Best Buy. They had a nice display with all of SOL Republic's models there with the ability to plug in your own device and sample the different models. Wow! I was so impressed with all of them! they all sound so much better compared with models of equal price. After testing them all with various types of music I decided to go with the master tracks which is their top of the line model. The music sounds so clean and crisp. This model has a more balanced natural sound compared with the others. Don't get me wrong. The other models sounded great too but I liked these the best.

I like all kinds of music. When I tried these at Best Buy I played Michael Buble, Alan Parsons, Kenny Chesney, Boston & Philly Pops Orchestras, Areosmith and Toni Braxton so I could get a good idea of just how they performed. Awesome is the only word that comes to mind! Vocals were all clear and crisp. The Synthesized music from Alan Parsons was so defined. The music from Aerosmith didn't sound muddy like it does with most of my other headphones. You could here the fingers slide across the strings as the artists played from the orchestras. It made you feel like you were sitting in the front row of the stage. Again, amazing!

These headphones go for $199.00 at Best Buy. I bought them from Amazon (as I usually do for most of my stuff) for $131.00. I have not received them yet but I am really looking forward to put these babies to the test! I will update this review once I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legit, August 3, 2013
The first time I heard about this brand was in Maxim magazine. I was already looking to buy some headphones but couldn't bring myself to spend $200+ for over-ear headphones that are endorsed by a certain Dr. I figured I would give these a try since everyone seems to have only good things to say about them and I have ZERO REGRETS! They're comfortable, light, not overly bulky, great at noise isolation by keeping your music in and foreign sound out, loud and have a very well balanced sound. I'm currently deployed and all my buddies ask me about my headphones because they're not Beats which seems to be the standard here. They usually say something like, "They're not as good or loud as my Beats" so I let them have a listen for a comparison and their eyes just light up because they hear highs and mids they never heard before. I'm not saying I'm some kind of audiophile but I used to install home theaters and audio systems for a living so I think I know a thing or two about quality balanced sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOL REPUBLIC NAILED IT!, April 22, 2014
I've had these for about 3 months now, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I bought these when they were priced at $180, and I still think they're well worth it. (still $200 in my local retail stores 4/22/14).

First off, these are some of the best looking headphones in my opinion. The gray metal on the sides of the ear pieces look fantastic, and the electric blue is just amazing.

Second off, the most important thing to consider is the sound quality. Sound quality is always the first thing I look for in a pair of headphones. I've owned the ATH-M50's, but regretfully sold them. I wish I still had them to compare directly to these headphones, but I don't. With that being said, I still enjoy the sound of these headphones very much. They have fantastic bass response, and the mids and highs aren't compromised (in my opinion). One thing they really deliver on is the low frequency bass. If you're going to be listening to hip hop and rap, definitely buy these. With that being said, I listen to a very wide variety of music. I am a huge fan of hearing great vocals, and I think these headphones do well with that. These headphones really do sound great with all kinds of music. (keep in mind, I'm aware there are headphones out there for higher prices that will do better than these.) (by the way, I'm not talking about Beats.. everybody with ears knows they're awful.) At this price point, these headphones are fantastic.

Third major point I want to make.. THESE THINGS ARE COMFORTABLE!! The ear cups are fantastic, and the headband is nicely cushioned. I don't have an overly large head by any means, so I can't speak for everybody, but that goes for all headphones.

Overall, for your average consumer looking for reasonably priced headphones, I think these will more than satisfy you. I actually turned a friend of mine onto these and he loves them as well.

I do wish to directly compare these to some other pairs in the same price range soon, so I may update this when that time comes, but for now, I will continue to love these.

Rate and Discover Movies