Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on September 6, 2010
After hauling a semi durable nylon bag for 3 years daily to work and through about 30 international trips I really was looking for a slightly larger capacity, definitely a more business formal look and something sturdy. This bag has pleased me on all accounts. The leather is very nice look and feel - and is sturdy. I do like the blue interior - the lighter lining color (it is not gaudy) helps to see items at the bottom of the bag vs a dark color where items tend to be obscured. Enough pockets - but not too many so with this bag you are not always playing hide and seek.
UPDATE - Now ~3 months using this bag during 5 international trips and daily office use... this bag is worth the expense. Travels great. Sturdy, attractive and roomy enough for long trips. I recommend this bag.
UPDATE2 - Now 5 months and still very pleased. Look is like new after daily use and multiple international trips. Excellent buy... and I noticed the price has dipped a bit.
Update 3 - Now over a year. Still great decision to purchase this back pack. Retains orginal look. Been on ~10 international trips and to work 5 days a week. I'd buy another.
Update 4 - 19 May 2012 - still just fine. Very good value and construction. 18 months and it looks like I will have another few years on this bag at least.
Update 5 - 13 Dec 2012 - even better value as I see the price decreased about 20% since I bought it. Since previous (May) update I've used daily and been overseas 4 to 5 times. Still holding up and looking fine.
Update 5 - 5 July 2013 - still very pleased. Looks great and no defects.
Update 6 - 26 Oct 2014 - 4 years and 40 international trips... Looks great and no defects. The reason I update is that I use it 5 days a week and it remains a solid product value. Still pleased.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 12, 2009
An excellent bag with one caveat. The bag is labeled as 15.4 inch, but it does not specify explicitly what size computer it will hold. The documentation included with the bag gives the dimensions of the computer compartment as 12 x 14 x 2. I recently acquired a 15 inch laptop. Its dimensions are 15 x 10. It barely fits. A 15 x 11 laptop wouldn't. If your computer will fit into it, I agree with the other reviews for the bag. It has good quality and is designed to conveniently hold a large number of accessories and other things. If the bag fits you'll love it. If it doesn't, you'll have to return it.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 12, 2009
As a professional, I have always preferred a backpack over a briefcase or shoulder bag because a backpack is easier to carry a greater weight. My problem was that I have always been very embarrassed carrying around a canvas bag with business clothes. This leather backpack looks nice enough that I can get away with it. It is very well made, very sturdy, and stands up by itself. It has a great, roomy laptop computer compartment and enough other compartments to separate items without being overly complicated. Very easy to access whatever you want. My only complaint (very minor) is that I wish the interior was some other color besides tourquise (dark green would have been better). Other than that, a perfect, great looking, well made backpack and highly recommended.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 4, 2009
I bought this bag several months ago because I was flying a lot for work. Even some of the airport security folks have commented on how nice it is. I use it now exclusively instead of a briefcase or other laptop case for work. It shows absolutely no wear and will probably get even better looking with age. If something ever happens to this one I'll buy a new one immediately.
on September 23, 2010
Another reviewer claimed this bag isn't for women -- I disagree. I'm about the same size as she described (5' 3", 140 lbs) and I don't have any problems with this bag. It's sturdy, has lots of room and compartments. I'm always looking for the perfect backpack and this is it. I find it to be very well-designed. Plus I love the brown leather exterior and the truly beautiful blue interior lining. It's not a dainty backpack, but I wasn't looking for dainty -- I wanted something that looked good and could carry all the stuff I lug around with me every day. I'm very, very happy with this backpack.
on May 25, 2010
I undertook quite a search when I needed to replace my aging laptop backpack. I'm a fan of brown leather, and this Solo bag was one of very few options available. I decided to order it and was not disappointed.

First things first: the "Kingfisher Blue" interior is NOT as bright as the photos seen on Amazon. It is a much more natural, muted shade of blue. Look at the photos on the manufacturer's site for a better representation.

The leather used to make the majority of the bag is excellent. It is a rugged, masculine leather that will show wear and gain "character" over time. The panel that faces the wearer's back is breathable nylon of the same color.

The interior is spacious and offers just the right amount of organization for my needs. My MacBook rides in the laptop compartment, and one of the front compartments features pockets that hold my power adapter and wireless mouse comfortably. There's also a zipper pouch that holds a variety of cables and adapters, and an exterior pocket that holds a couple of quick-access items.

In the center pocket, I usually carry a binder, two notebooks, and two textbooks. This bag is big, as another reviewer mentioned, and it is capable of sitting upright on its own due to the large flat bottom panel.

This is a very unique bag with a lot of character. Other than a few minor details I might have designed differently, I think this bag is fantastic.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 4, 2011
SOLO Vintage Collection Colombian Leather Laptop Backpack, Holds Notebook Computer up to 15.6 Inches, Espresso, VTA701-3

I have had this since late April 2011.... one of the shoulder straps is starting to tear along the seam between the leather and nylon.

Depending on the weight of your computer, you might want to be very discerning with this purchase.

I will contact Solo and see what they say. I will post the results as soon as I get them.

Update July 2012
Solo did not offer any resolution. I had high hopes. Too bad as they had other products I was considering. They lost a customer over this issue. Perhaps they have so many first time customers that they don't need to address issues. Perhaps my experience is the exception.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 28, 2010
I rarely write reviews and I'm quite difficult to please. The Solo Vintage Collection Backpack, however, is a superior product and worthy of my time to critique. The first day I carried the pack to work, one of my employees said "Good Morning, nice backpack." Leather usually adds an unmistakable look of quality and craftsmanship to most products. There are also very few leather backpacks available for purchase. The number of compartments and the thickness of the straps make this backpack one of the best that I have seen or owned. Some reviewers don't like the interior color - to each his own. I think the color is fine and of little consequence when you consider the quality of the product.
on April 4, 2011
Negative: I purchased this backpack about 4 weeks ago and unfortunately I just dropped it off at a place where they can repair the strap. The strap opened up at the seams and the foam was showing. I have been very careful at not putting too much weight in the backpack, so I was rather surprised at how quickly it came undone. It didn't come undone where the strap attaches to the backpack itself, it was on the sides of the strap about 1 inch from the base. It appears the sowing is not very good on these bags. It looks great though. They charged me $12 to repair it at a shoe store. A tailor said they didn't have the equipment for backpacks and recommended a shoe store instead.

Negative: Additionally, I find it too small for all my files and papers I must carry everyday as a teacher.

Positive: It does look more professional than a regular backpack.

Overall: I won't be buying the same one again when this one finally gives out completely. For a teacher's need, it's too small, and now I'm worried of not overloading it. If you are looking for a professional leather look and you don't carry too many things and you are very gentle with it, and you are willing to pay $12 for repairs every so often, then its for you. I'm going to keep repairing it until I can't anymore.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 18, 2010
I would strongly recommend this backpack to anyone who wants a classy looking backpack. I wear a suit or a shirt and tie to work everyday, this was the only backpack I could find that fit my needs that wasn't going to be an eye sore. I see so many other people wearing backpacks that look like they borrowed them from their kids, and that is exactly what I was looking to avoid.

My work commute includes walking 7-8 blocks from the train everyday, and when I first started this job my chiropractor recommended that I find a comfortable backpack instead of using a bag with a single strap which would dig into my shoulders. This leather bag is wonderful!

This backpack goes far beyond just looks though, as it has a lot of pockets and can store a ton. I primarily use it without a laptop, but when necessary my HP laptop fits inside without any problems. This backpack is very well made, and is very comfortable on both hot and cold days. I love the mesh underneath the shoulder straps!

On a side note, don't worry so much about the blue inside, I found that it really isn't that noticeable.

I have used this bag every day since I bought it, and I have nothing but high praise for this Solo Backpack.