Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 91 questions
votes
Depend what you want to use them for, the sound bar is primarily designed for TV viewing, but note there is only an AV optical input which sort of limits its AV use. The sound bar is the only sonos component I don't own so cant comment on the sound quality. As to play 3 or 5, the play 5 will sound better than play 3, but you can get two play 3 and set them up as a stereo pair which will sound better than a play 5, the play five has a handle in the back and designed to be used a a mobile ghetto blaster. ( though you can easily do the same with a play 3 but without the handle) They all are best for back ground music to really get more of a thump you need to add a sonos sub. but watch out for router compatibility, I had no end of trouble with the new Asus router, there is list on sonos website highlighting all the issues with various routers.
Oct 24, 2014 by rick
votes
it works with just about any streaming service. I use it with Pandora and Apple Radio, for example, as well as my local FM radio station that streams its broadcast. Havent tried with Google Music, but see no reason why it wouldn't. You just tune in your streaming service on your device and the Sonos takes it from there...your device, once set up, is no longer necessary. For example, I turn on the Sonos App on my Iphone. Dial up Pandora on the Sonos app on the Iphone and select the music. I can leave the house and go to work and Sonos keeps the music playing without any more connection with my phone.
May 12, 2014 by William L. Cryer
vote
Christina is correct. The bridge is small and everything is easy to set up. I will say, in my opinion the Sonos 5 has superior sound quality, but the 3 is certainly adequate. I have 2 5's and one 3. After purchasing the first one with the bridge, adding the other two was as easy as plugging them in and then following the simple software instructions to add them to the group. I play from my Pandora account and also a number of radio stations. Good luck, enjoy!
Oct 11, 2014 by Amazon Customer
vote
Dan, Sonos has a Controller for a Windows PC. I don't believe they currently have a Windows mobile controller though. Sonos provides excellent customer support. You may want to checkout their web site at http://www.sonos.com/support and ask one of their support staff.
Dec 31, 2012 by G. Sealey
vote
The specs state that it does not have an audio line in on the Play 3 model, but it does on the Play 5 model.
Oct 2, 2014 by Thomas L. Irvin
vote
Spotify Dec 4, 2013
This isn't a question. It's a word, or more specifically a company. Why are you so lazy? Can't you write out a full question?
Jul 20, 2014 by Yorn Rubas
votes
It depends what you need. The Play:3 has more power and more speakers than the Play:1, but it still doesn't offer any external inputs. The Play:5 has a 1/8" Line-in and a 1/8" headphone jack, along with Stereo imaging and 5 speakers (including a small woofer). The Playbar is best suited for TV since it has an optical digital input. There are no other inputs or outputs on the Playbar though, so make sure your TV supports optical signals. Also note that the Playbar will accept an IR remote control so you can still use your TV's remote to control the volume on the system. None of the other Sonos speakers have IR remote control.
Oct 7, 2014 by Chuckmeister
votes
Yes, it does surround sound. You'd want to get the Sonos Playbar, Sonos Sub, and (at a minimum) two Play:1s. The setup from my iPad specifically has a setup for surround, and has a calibration for both the surrounds and the sub. This setup is very good, though I wonder how much better it'd be if I replaced my Play1 surrounds with Play3s. Oh, and expensive? Well, not counting the required bridge, with the four speakers, we're at about $2,000, but installation is a snap. A very good setup, and it can also be used to stream music when you're not watching a movie and remember, the Play1s and Play3s which you may use as surrounds can be moved to other rooms and used there. I hope that helps.
May 4, 2014 by Hale Storm
votes
If its an iPod it must be a iPod touch . You must have a wifi connection . If its just an iPod you will need a dock .
Jan 16, 2013 by Jimmypowder
votes
No you need the sound bar.
Dec 19, 2014 by Anthony B. Good
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers