5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised
My other lap top battery broke rendering my laptop next to useless. Searched around and found a cheap replacement here on AMazon....so far (after about 3 months...) so good.
Published 16 months ago by Douglas J. Robertson

2.0 out of 5 stars Product is fine, but beware!
Published on March 4, 2011 by Maureen E Skall

2.0 out of 5 stars Product is fine, but beware!, March 4, 2011
This review is from: SONY VAIO 19.5V 3.9A 76W AC Adapter Power Cord For SONY VAIO Laptops,W/3ft Power Cord (Personal Computers)
I purchased this product July 2010 for a Sony VIAO laptop that I own. The adapter no longer delivers power to the laptop. I saw a one year warranty and thought great, I am covered! I called PWR+ and they said their warranty is for 90 days, call Sony. We visited the Sony store and they claimed PWR+ isn't an authorized retailer, call PWR+. The computer was at Sony backstage who said it was covered under a one year warranty and call Sony customer service. Sony customer service said that because it was purchased separate from the original laptop, it only has a 90 day warranty!

Lots of finger pointing, different stories on accountability, and no one willing to take responsibility for what it still says to this day, as the 4th bullet point under Technical Details: 1 Year Warranty.

What a misrepresentation. Buyer beware, if you purchase this product, make sure you have no more than a 90 day warranty expectation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Safety issue, December 21, 2011
First, this adapter overheats to the point of being dangerous. Very hot to the touch and I'm worried about something laying on it and igniting.
Second, I do NOT believe this is an OEM product. It looks and acts like an aftermarket unit. It has a Sony sticker on the back but this thing does NOT look or perform like the original adapter. For example, this unit has a three prong power cord and the original has a two prong. This unit does not have a green indicator light when plugged in like the original has. No big deal, but don't advertise as "Brand New ,100% OEM".

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 1 hour, January 20, 2013
Do not buy it, it is a complete waste of money.
It stopped working after an hour or so.... .

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, March 11, 2011
I like some of the other reviewers purchased this product as a replacement for a malfunctioning wall charger. Within one week of using the charger I noticed that when I plugged it into the wall it would create a small spark. To my shame I tried to ignore the signs that it was a bad product and continued to use it. Several days ago the charger quit working completely and I am now replacing it with another. I also had the same problem with the cord from the wall to the actual converter itself falling out continuously. Bad product, bad price, I thought being OEM I could trust it. I hope someone at Amazon or Sony realizes this is really something that can damaged peoples opinions of their companies.

2.0 out of 5 stars What's going on?, December 7, 2011
I purchased this adapter on September 25, 2011 and it stopped working exactly two months after I purchased it. I don't know what's going on. Why are they messing up so fast? My original adapter messed up after a year and a half. I honestly don't know if I should purchase another one because I don't want to be throwing money away. Don't know what to do :(

1.0 out of 5 stars was defective, January 21, 2013
It was frayed when we got it and it made a spark, It was taken back and did get our money back

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Sony product, January 19, 2013
Did not fit VAIO laptop. Adapter was the wrong size. Item returned as unable to use. This was very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, dirty, and burned., September 13, 2011
This product was listed as new but, when i recieved it, clearly it was used, dirty, and the cable was burned!!! Also, it was not the oem product like listed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, February 6, 2014
This was a replacement for the one my dog chewed to pieces. For the first month or 2 this charger worked fine, but after that I have to fiddle with it repeatedly to get it to charge. I have to check multiple times to ensure the charge, and it's a headache. At the end of the day it'll charge my stationary laptop, too much movement and it's not charging. I wish it had a light signaling its charging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with few issues, March 5, 2013
This was a great purchase. The charger works very well and is actually longer than my last one which is really nice. I received the charger quickly, it arrived a few days after I purchased which was necessary because my computer was completely dead. One thing that I do not like about the charger is that it is a 3-prong charger. Now, I love 3-prong chargers because of their safety feature but I cannot use it at a lot of places because they only have 2-prong outlets. Another thing I did not like about the product is that the plugin part of chargers does not stay tightly connected. It falls out and disconnects very easily which is a little frustrating at times. But overall, great product.

Rate and Discover Movies