4.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound Quality In A Walkman
I imported my NW-F807 before it was available on Amazon, so I did not buy it here. I want to share some information on this PMP to hopefully help out those who decide to purchase this. This Walkman has an improved sound quality than all previous Sony Walkmans. When compared to the A Series Walkman, this device has a wider soundstage and does not sound muffled at all...
Published 22 months ago by Jamil Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Conflicted
Published 1 month ago by Alexander Mccracken

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound Quality In A Walkman, January 12, 2013
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)

Now for a few tips to help you:

You want to order an AC adapter for this. I use the Sony ACNWUM50 Walkman USB Charger with Walkman USB Cable. Also, make sure you charge the battery for at least 30 minutes before you turn it on for the first time.

Secondly, with this device intended for the Japanese market, it will default to Japanese text and onscreen keyboard input when you first power it on. If you cannot read Japanese, unplug the power cord and simply hold down the power button until the Power Off window appears. Tap the text at the top next to the power button icon followed by tapping the OK button on the next window that appears (the button at the lower right). After the device shuts off, you will see language selection the next time you power it on. You may choose English to see all text in English. You may now configure your wireless router, your Google account, and all other settings. Remember to plug the power cable back in to allow it to fully charge.

As I write this, the Music Analyzer is not stable. It will crash while running, so be prepared to restart it several times after you see application error messages. Also, if you choose to perform a detailed analysis, the analysis will run for a very long time depending on the size of your library (mine ran for three full weeks).

Finally, this device is compatible with the Sony Noise Canceling Headphones for Z1000 Series Walkman | MDR-NWNC200. There is a specific option in its settings for these headphones, so you are not constrained to in-ear headphones for noise canceling.

Improvements over the A Series Walkman:
* Better sound quality
* Larger screen
* Built-in mono speaker
* Android 4.0.4 (offers multi-tasking that was not available with A Series)
* FLAC file support
* Playlist management from the device (playlist creation; add/removal to/from playlists)
* You can see a portion of the playlist for the current SensMe channel you choose (both previously and to be played songs)

Disadvantages to the A Series Walkman:
* Removal of the one-touch SensMe option to play songs based on the current time of day
* Music analyzer is not currently stable (it worked flawlessly on the A Series)
* A single battery charge does not last nearly as long (even with wifi disabled)
* Bigger, heavier, and more likely to damage when dropped.
* No physical buttons to control music playback; A Series is better for no-look touch control

I suggest ordering one of the Sony cases specifically made for this Walkman if you decide to purchase. Sony has two different types of cases for this model. I do not believe either are available on Amazon yet.

Final note-- this Walkman is different than the F Series released in the USA. I have not listened to the USA based F Series, so I cannot comment on sound quality differences. The F Series was released in the USA before it was released in Japan, so there most likely are more differences than noise canceling and larger storage size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 8, 2014
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)
Its Basically a smart phone without contacts and only runs on wifi I would have never guess an Mp3 would ever get to this point Absolutely amazing and it comes with an aluminum back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Conflicted, October 6, 2014
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)
I bought this 64GB Walkman because my music library is very large and I was only fitting a fraction of it on my 16GB walkman. I was very excited when I first got the languaged changed over to English and started using it the next day. As the other reviews have said the quality of music is great with this product and it holds more than almost any other MP3 out there, but that is where the positive points end. The software developers must have been drunk when they made this. First of the all the software is terrible. I don't even like changing songs because it could take up to 45 seconds with how slow the software is. Often times I have to click the song I want 4 or 5 times before it will actually start playing. The MP3 player also has to "update my library" almost every time I turn it on, burning up another minute past the obnoxiously long start up time. And as the other reviews have said the battery is unbelievably short. My old walkman could make it 4 hours a day of play and last till the end of the week. I have to charge the NW-F807 about every other day as listening to music for an hour could easily drain 15% of the battery life.

3.0 out of 5 stars not very happy. basically stopped working while on long drive., October 25, 2014
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)
player froze when i tried to turn it on. less than 6 months use. not very happy that product is freezing during update. i am happy with storage space, which is why i bought, but not quite as user friendly as i had hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job Sony, December 11, 2013
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)
Its fast, and the sound quality is far superior to the I-pod, everything I need and more. worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, February 1, 2014
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)
This model became my daily essentials, as I gather it everyday in my backpack.
Every moment has its music, and this model brought me the invaluable.

Really enjoyed it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality but nothing more, March 31, 2013
This review is from: SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black (Electronics)
Pros. Good sound quality.
Cons. Sony player Software crashes all the time.
Built in speaker is a joke, battery very short, android is terrible on this player ( slow and buggy)
Built in microphone is terrible.
No camera, slippery, no accessories.
Very raw product.
I have an IPhone 5 which is so much better then Sony in anything but playing music.

SONY F series Walkman NW-F807/B 64GB Black