5.0 out of 5 stars Living up to other good reviews
Published on November 28, 2010 by Andreana Menesez

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but...
Published on October 31, 2010 by D. Daugherty

5.0 out of 5 stars Living up to other good reviews, November 28, 2010
Well, my feet are happy and I am definitely pleased with my new slippers! These slippers had a lot to live up to after all the reviews I read about them on various sites, and so far, they aren't letting me down. Honestly, I would have not regularly paid for this much for slippers for myself, but it was my 40th birthday and I told my mom I wanted some new slippers that I could slide on without having to bend over and use my hands- plus something I could wear in or out (to get the mail and such). She sent me a link with the Sorel Nakiska slides (same as these, but the part by the heal is down a little lower). I started reading reviews on those and then came across this style, with more coverage of the heal and was getting really excited at trying these for myself.

My hardest decision was the sizing. Half of the reviews I read said if you were between sizes to go up a size and half said to go down a size. I was so confused. I did not want my toes squished but I did not want to get a half size up and then have them flip flopping. I did however, decide to go up to a size 8, since I am normally a 7 1/2 and figured I could wear socks if I needed to. Well, so far- perfect fit! Glad I did not go down a half size. I mostly wear them without socks (am right now and so cozy), but I also wear them with thin socks. I do wonder if someday they will loosen up some more and then feel too loose. I hope not. I had read another review that said that they did not do that, but only time will tell.

I have to add also, that my mom did not end up getting me the slippers since I actually got a better gift, but then my mother-in-law got me some slippers that were not Sorels. They are Dearfoam and they are nice slippers- what I'm really used to. No problem with them really, as I've always worn slippers like that, and they really look similar and even have a sole I can wear outside. If I had never read all of the reviews about the Sorels, I would have been thrilled with the new Dearfoams and been happy. However, since I had now had my heart set on sinking my feet into the Sorel's, I went ahead and ordered them for myself. In the meantime, I was wearing my Dearfoams and happy with them.

My Sorels arrived and it was just as I expected after reading other reviews. I put my feet in and they felt so good- the arch support is so comfortable and the overall design makes the slippers fit like a glove to my foot. There isn't any flopping around, but they aren't tight, they just seem to form to my foot. The sole is different than the Dearfoams, as they curve up a little in the front and remind me more of a running shoe, that helps your foot as it curves to the ground. Also, a big difference from the other slipper, they are whisper quiet. The soles grip my floors (laminate and linoleum) without any slipping, and because they don't flip flop, they are more like wearing socks. This is a nice feature to me, but maybe no big deal to anyone else. I was then able to try on one Dearfoam and one Sorel at the same time. Wow! The foot in the Dearfoam was just a foot in a slipper, but my foot in the Sorel was like a foot getting a hug. Dumb analogy maybe, but really, the Sorel foot was SO comfy. I feel bad, because I am certainly not trying to bash Dearfoam here, but I'm sure it sounds that way. Really, if you just want an average slipper that doesn't cost much- then they are fine. Now though, that I've tried the Sorel's and I am expecting them to last a long time- I can't imagine not spending the extra money to get these quality slippers for my feet! I am a new Sorel customer that plans to be a repeat customer. I'm even considering giving some as gifts, knowing that other people would be just as happy.

One last thing I wanted to say- I almost call these "shoes" instead of slippers, as I am wearing them all the time I've worn them beyond my mail box and trash can outside. I've worn them to church, to the store, just wherever and whenever I can. They are that comfy. They are sturdy enough for me to wear them out (and stylish, I think), but yet, they don't feel heavy or bulky like a shoe when I'm inside. I even slipped into bed with them on my feet one night, because it was cold and I didn't to take them off. That time, I did wish I had put socks on and then I would have slipped them off. Anyway, because these are so versatile for me as well as so comfortable, I am sold, sold, sold on Sorel Nakiskas. I am certain I will buy more Sorel products for my feet! I never review, but I always read reviews. I always think that I should review on so many products that I like, but never take the time. For these though, I finally took the time. Hopefully I'll review more items from now on. The Sorels are just so great that I had to start here.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but..., October 31, 2010
This review is from: Sorel Women's Nakiska Slipper (Apparel)
I love these slippers - they are very comfortable and warm. However, after only having them two weeks and wearing them each night after I get home from work, I notice that a stitch has come loose that attaches the sole to the main body of the slipper. I know that once these things get started, it's only a matter of time before it starts unraveling altogether. So while the slippers are very comfortable, I'm a bit disappointed in the quality. When I pay a little more for a pair of slippers, I don't want the stitching coming apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars best slippers I have ever owned!, July 6, 2009
I Love these! I wear them all the time! they are perfect for any and all indoor wear as well as perfect if I have to run outside for a minute. They are lightweight and very warm! I couldn't be happier! I have recommended them to all of my friends! They run true to size!

5.0 out of 5 stars love...love...love these slippers, April 14, 2009
This review is from: Sorel Women's Nakiska Slipper (Apparel)
I purchased these slippers this past spring as a birthday present for myself. My feet are always cold and as a stay at home mom I needed something that held up for those quick runs outside to the mailbox but were also comfortable & warm...these were the solution. They are so warm and easy to put on I wish I would have found them earlier.
Every slipper lover needs a pair of these...you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmm!, February 27, 2010
J. M. Peterson (Fredonia, NY United States) - See all my reviews
These are the best slippers I've ever had. I had a plantar fasciitis problem, and needed something more supportive, and these seem fine. They are really comfortable, and look great. They seemed snug at first, but the fleece packs down a bit, and conforms to your foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven!, January 8, 2010
SF Penguin (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorel Women's Nakiska Slipper (Apparel)
I think my feet just died and went to heaven! These are the most amazing slippers. I just received them in the mail today and just ordered a second pair! They are soft, have great arch support and cushioning and the traction is excellent. The suede is incredibly soft and the stitching on the top and sides is beautiful. They are so warm that my frigid toes warmed up shortly after I slipped them on! The fit is true to size. I wear a size 6 normally and occasionally a 6.5 depending on the brand (for example, keen I am a 6.5 and merrell I am a 6) and I ordered a 6 in these and they fit perfectly- plenty of room for my toes to move around. These are highly recommended! Thank you Sorel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Warm & Comfortable, April 15, 2009
Gail "Gail Murray" (PHOENIX, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
If you're looking for warmth and comfort, these are the slippers for you. You can't go wrong with the quality of Sorel (Note on quality; I have had the same Sorel snow boots for over 20 years). Great for wearing while driving, they have an outdoor sole, they're perfect for cold weather and keeping your feet warm, they're exactly what I was looking for in a slipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars great slippers, March 31, 2010
What a wonderful surprise! I have worn LLBean slippers for years and these are more stylish and comfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wearing out after 10 days, February 20, 2013
I'm disappointed in this slipper. They are comfortable, but poorly made. I have had them for less than 30 days. The mesh fabric base of the 'wool blend' lining was exposed in less than 10 days and the 'fluff' was shedding all over the house. Some of the stitching was coming undone as well. Definitely not worth the almost $60 per pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Comfortable, November 15, 2011
I received these Sorel's in British Tan about 3 weeks ago. They are solid, have good support; great to use around the house and outside. The sole is thick and feels so shoe-like that I have to remember to put on real shoes if I run to the store. They don't scream "slipper", so no one would notice anyway.

We've been keeping the heat down to conserve energy and heating bils, so I wear them at least 6 hours a day. Though the back is about 3/4" lower than I'd like, they stay on without "flapping" or making me hold on with my toes. I normally wear a 7 1/2 or 8 shoe so I decided on Size 8. They slipped on so easily I was worried that the fluffy interior would mat down and I'd have a loose slipper. Well, the interior has matted down, but they still don't fall off when I'm walking. The top comes back far enough toward the ankle that they stay on even when walking up stairs. I can wear thin socks which keep my ankles and feet warmer still. Warmth was the deciding factor when deciding on the Sorel's.

I'm satisfied with the fit and the quality spot-on. They're not as cheap as some of the other slippers on Amazon, but $55 for foot comfort that will last at least all this winter is fine. If a good product is made, people will buy them. In my book, they deserve the high ratings seen here.

Sorel Women's Nakiska Slipper