5.0 out of 5 stars Limousine's for your feet!
I wear a 12 EEEE shoe and bought size 13 Manawan's and got a perfect fit. My feet feel like they are in a custom made fleece glove. These slippers have a wide toe box but I have really wide feet and these fit great.

Published on May 8, 2010 by Paul 1946

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking slipper, but materials suspect
I like these slippers in general. They look nice and feel warm. I bought on the big side for me (I wear 10s or 10 1/2s so I bought size 11) and the slipper fits okay - just needs a little wearing-in to counteract the bulk of the fleece. The 'bark' color is darker than the image on Amazon suggests, but that's not a big deal.

What bothers me is the materials...
Published on December 1, 2010 by Ian B. Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Limousine's for your feet!, May 8, 2010
Paul 1946 "Paul46" (Caldwell, Idaho, US) - See all my reviews

I got mine at Gear X for about $48 delivered to my front door and worth every penny. The sole will allow you to go outside and not soak up water like a sponge. Nor do they pick up a lot of dirt to get tracked back into the house.

I love these slippers. I tried lots and lots of different brands on my feet but they just didn't feel right. These were a perfect fit right out of the box. I like to wriggle my toes and have plenty of room for my toes and these have that advantage.

After less than a year of use and mind you they are slippers not everyday shoes the soles are falling off. The stitching has cut though the gum rubber sole and the gum rubber sole is falling off. Sorel has a one year warranty with you paying the freight to and from for repairs. I would have expected the soles to hold up a bit better given the only outside use these have seen it to fetch the morning newspaper out of the driveway.

Update 4-5-2013: I initially gave these slippers a low rating even though I loved the fit due to the short life of the sole material. The replacement slippers have been in service for more than 2 years and are still in great shape. I have to assume they had a problem with the sole material and got it resolved. When these are gone I am going to buy another pair without hesitation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking slipper, but materials suspect, December 1, 2010
Ian B. Cooper (Silver Spring, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper (Apparel)

What bothers me is the materials. Amazon states that the slipper is suede outer and fleece (wool/acrylic) inner, with a rubber sole. The sole is definitely rubber, but I wonder about the so-called 'suede' and the lining. The suede definitely doesn't smell like suede - it smells like imitation leather, while the lining seems very unlike wool in terms of its feel. Wool breathes, while this stuff does not seem to. So if there's wool in it, it must be a very small proportion. Also, the complete lack of information on the label makes me a little wary.

Still, the slippers feel good and look great, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and a 4 stars out of 5. One star off, because they seem like man-made fiber, and when I pay over $50 for a pair of suede and wool-lined slippers, I want a label assuring me of the materials. Without that assurance, these slippers could be made of anything.

Spookiewon wrote:
"What's magical about a label? Sorel is a brand with a reputation to uphold."

Really, so don't you think maybe they would have enough pride in that reputation to at least attach a label that lists the materials used? What's "magical" about a label is that it's supposed to reflect the reputation of the manufacturer - it's supposed to give you important information. The label in this case conveys no information at all, and so what it conveys is incompetence at best. If that's the reputation that Sorel wants, they should continue putting useless and uninformative labels on plastic shoes that pretend to be made of leather - and you should continue to buy them like the corporate crony you seem to be.

As for "evidence", I've presented my evidence. You're the one who has not. If you own a pair and they're so good, why don't you tell me how good the slipper is instead of telling me that Sorel is a good company and that I should get used to disappointment and be happy with mediocrity? If you have the slippers and they're so good, YOU present the evidence. The problem is, you're just a Sorel fanboy and you've probably never even seen these slippers. So instead of whining about my review, go buy a pair of these slippers and then let us all know how fantastic they are.

I finally threw these slippers away - they never kept my feet warm, all they did was make them sweaty - yuck! I replaced them with a pair of cabin slippers that are 100% leather with a 100% wool lining and my feet are finally warm. I've knocked off three stars because, although at first I gave them the benefit of the doubt, that benefit was not justified - these slippers are garbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice. Sizes run small., October 22, 2008
F. Winans (Doylestown, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper (Apparel)
Very nice pull-on slipper, but sizes run small. The 10 I usually wear was too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I was looking for. Warm, comfy, and high-quality, December 6, 2011
I am not much of a slipper guy, but I'm even less of a cold feet guy. I found these slippers, made by a brand I can trust, and they delivered on all aspects.

Construction:
-They seem well-built with quality, straight stitching. They are not heavily sewn -- meaning they are strictly slippers -- but seams and craftsmanship are top-notch.
-The sole is attached with only a single stitching of medium-gauge thread. It does appear that the sole is glued as well, so this may purely be cosmetic or as a redundancy.
-The interior is what you would expect of a Sorel product. The "fur" is heavily-matted and dense, warm (even when outside), and will hold up for more than a month or two.
-The exterior is made of thick nubuck or suede.
-It wears like a slpper. Meaning that it is flexible and soft on all accounts. The sole is plenty flexible and it doesn't feel like you're wearing around a pair of shoes.

Performance and Impressions:
-These things are warm, warm, warm! Sometimes borderline "too warm" on days that it's not 20 or below.
-They run small. For comparison, I wear a size 13-14 shoe (a "true" 13 by measurement), a 12 Sorel boot, and I ordered these in 14. They fit perfectly.
-The sole does not come up along the sides. This really is my only complaint. I like that they're "outdoor soles" and I can use them when running outside, but if there's any snow that hasn't been shoveled or compacted, they are going to get your slippers wet. Being that they're entirely fabric, this could be potentially problematic.

Conclusion:
In all, I couldn't be more happy with these slippers. They have a very traditional style, they're a quality product, and seem much better built than most any slipper I've seen. It has been one of the best "personal splurges" that I have ever made and I only regret not purchasing them sooner. I have a feeling many people will be getting these as Christmas gifts this year from me so they can take part in my joy. These are worth their weight in gold and, all things considered, provide a great value for the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worn out in one year, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper (Apparel)
Interesting, the majority of the reviews on these slippers are very positive. I bought a pair for the winter season as a result. I thoroughly agree on the one hand, they are very warm and cozy. I'm a graduate student and spend a lot of time at my desk studying. But on the other hand, the rubber sole around the heal area wore out over one winter season, and I never wore them outside, only in doors on carpeted floors. I'm going to contact Sorel and see what they can do for me, but I rated them #2 because they wore out, and in my opinion, way too soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slipper, but size does run small, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper (Apparel)
Purchased these for my husband who wears a size 10.5 shoe. I got the size 11 slippers. Initially they were very snug. I was concerned because of the others who spoke about them being too small. He thought they felt fine once on. He has now worn them for about a week and loves them.

After 2 days he said they went on much easier and don't feel too snug at all. He loves the sole being hard enough to quick go outside if needed. They are very warm and he is very happy.

So for for those with a 1/2 size difference I guess give it a couple days of wearing and they stretch enough to be very comfortable. He also can wear a sock with them and still feels fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, runs small, March 9, 2010
I purchased these slippers as the style was as close as I could find to my husband's current favorite, but beaten, pair. He was out of town when they arrived, and my son thought I must have got them for him. So he promptly took them out and starting wearing them! He loved the lush material inside with the good soles on the outside. He was quite disappointed when he learned they were really for Dad.

However, when my husband tried these size 10 slippers on (which is the size he always wears!) he thought they were much too snug and not easy to slip on and off. So my son (who typically wears an 8 1/2 to a 9 shoe) got lucky! And because they really are such nice slippers, I ordered another pair for my husband--but we got a size 12 this time. He typically wears thick sports socks as his feet are often cold, and the size 12 was just right for him. So while I highly recommend these slippers (had them about 3 weeks now), I strongly suggest you go up one in size, and maybe two if you like them loose and wear them with socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper (Apparel)
I have had 2 pairs of these now. My first pair I bought at R.E.I. I wear a size 10. I tried on a size 10 of the sorels, but didn't like the fit. They were kind of tight on the upper foot area, but my heal rose up out of the heal, which I hate. Since they don't have the half sizes, I tried a 9. Yes they were tight, but my heal stays put and the length was just long enough. Let me tell you what happens. The inner lining mats down over time and the leather stretches. After 2 pairs of size 9, the size works for me. Size 9 1/2 would be perfect. What I am telling you is DO NOT GO A SIZE BIGGER. The shoes are real leather, not imitation like others have said. They are also a wool blend, wool/acrylic, which is fine. They are plenty warm. I love these and I am about to purchase my 3rd pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Man made wool/fur, December 3, 2013
Glim1000 (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper (Apparel)
Picked up a pair after seeing them on sale at our local Capital Iron and checking out the Amazon rating, I knew Sorel is a Canadian company so how could I go wrong...

They are a cross between a shoe, a slipper and a native moccasin, they have a rubber bottom - looks like a shoe and is soft and very bouncy. I found the combination of the lining, the insole and the rubber sole combined to make a platform that is just too thick - it made me trip several times as I was getting used to them, once almost fell down the stairs.

It is getting cooler up here in the great white north and these shoe/slippers make my feet too warm - so I ended up taking them off at which point I noticed the tag inside the slipper stating 'man made lining' and 'made in China'. I thought they were a Canadian company? Paying this much for 'slippers' should warrant non-man made material.

Off to research I go: Sorel went bankrupt in 2000 and was bought by Columbia. Their boots used to be made in Canada, now they are made in China and Vietnam.

4.0 out of 5 stars All around strong slipper, April 2, 2011
Pros
------------
These are VERY warm and comfortable, they're different from any other slipper I've purchased in that they have a removable insole with a good deal of padding, making it feel more like a really comfortable shoe than a slipper. They're very light weight and fit securely (even while chasing my dog down the road). The rubber sole is very nice, grips well, and is very easy to clean.

Cons
------------
They become a little loose around the ankle after some wear (I do have thin legs though), I even thought of riveting the top to put laces on them but haven't done so yet, this causes my heel to rise while I walk in them, a personal pet peeve of mine. The materials are unknown to me but seem to be decent.

Sizing
------------
Now everyone has their own note on sizing, the size of these slippers are similar to any other slipper I've owned. I've owned everything from Uggs to a Walmart $8 brand. I buy a size down because I have a thin foot, if you have an average or wide foot I'd stick with your normal shoe size.

Sorel Men's Manawan Slipper